WIGAN ATHLETIC VS LIVERPOOL - Wednesday 21st december 20.00pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby jimmy brighton » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:36 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:Every other week its the same thing, we completly dominate the game and dont come away with the result, we are not good enough in front of goal and passing is to sloppy.

We've all been quite rightly bitching about our lack of goals.

Probably get battered for this but the question has to be asked, despite his undoubted skill and application, as our primary "striker" in terms of goals scored is Suarez a disappointment ?

I know where you are coming from. His finishing is generally a joke. Thing is for me is he needs a top class striker alongside him. Someone he can feed all the delicious balls too so he doesn't hit them into row Z and continually embarrass himself and we have a healthy goal differance. Simples....
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:38 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:Every other week its the same thing, we completly dominate the game and dont come away with the result, we are not good enough in front of goal and passing is to sloppy.

Probably get battered for this but the question has to be asked, despite his undoubted skill and application, as our primary "striker" in terms of goals scored is Suarez a disappointment ?

Luis Suarez -  2007–2011 Ajax 110 Games 81 Goals
                   Uruguay 52 Games 26 Goals
                   Liverpool 30 Games 9 Goals
                   Overall 262 Games 149 Goals and 52 Assists

I think he is the right man, just in form goalkeepers and the woodwork seem to be his weakness  :eyebrow
Kopite-Jud

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:41 pm

damjan193 wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:For me Maxi and Adam were the reasons we left with nothing.

Adam was wasteful and obvious with all his passing, also has a distinct inability to pass to Shelvey. Maxi was useless at everything, waste of a shirt.

Enrique had a go, Pepe was ok.
Its downhill from there with Adam right at the bottom

Skrtel should be given credit as well. Didn't look very concentrated and made a few stupid mistakes but he saved us numerous times.

Just cant be ar'sed mate
Ive give my ratings in the other thread
:(
Thommo's perm

Postby only me » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:53 pm

woof woof ! wrote:

Would say he is disappointing (although last time i said that got my head chopped off)...His last games he just missed open chances which any top striker would take without blinking ,he is very sloppy passer and we are all familiar with his temper...Then yes disappointing.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:00 am

only me wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

Would say he is disappointing (although last time i said that got my head chopped off)...His last games he just missed open chances which any top striker would take without blinking ,he is very sloppy passer and we are all familiar with his temper...Then yes disappointing.

He's our top scorer ffs. I expect much more from him and I believe that people give him a lot more credit than he deserves, but to say that he's a disappointment is insane!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:02 am

Another hopeless draw, Merry :censored:i.n Christmas!
killerp

Postby only me » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:16 am

damjan193 wrote:
only me wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

He's our top scorer ffs. I expect much more from him and I believe that people give him a lot more credit than he deserves, but to say that he's a disappointment is insane!

disappointing mate not disappointment ,their is a difference. Top scorer doesn't mean $hit if the end number is 4-5 goals and countless oppertunities blown. Talent is their mindset is not.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:29 am

I didnt see the first half but i cant say we in any way dominated this game.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:29 am

He's neither disappointing nor a disappointment. He's our top scorer and one of our best players at the moment. He could have and should have done a LOT more but he didn't, it's nothing close to disappointing though. Downing is disappointing, 0 goals 0 assists and bad performance. Hendo might be disappointing as well. Carroll is on top of that list for me. Suarez has many flaws, like the countless missed chances but it's stupid, at least for me, to say that he's been disappointing.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Dalglish » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:26 am

I went to the game tonight and the first thing to say is how fantastic the support was for Saurez as the fans sang the Suarez song non stop for the first 7 minutes of the game. It was then followed by "You can shove your F***** FA up your A***" and my personal favourite " We're not English, we are Scouse" !  :D

There is nothing like a sense of injustice to unite the fans and this appeared to transfer to the players who started well and dominated possession for the first 30 mins and would have scored except for some fine saves from the in form Al-Habzi (how often this season have keepers produced world class saves against us). To be fair Wigan played their way back into the match and finished the half the stronger with Moses impressive.

Early in the second half saw the pivotal moment of the match when Adam had his penalty saved by Al-Habzi before Kuyt had a decent chance. After that Wigan grew in confidence and created a couple of decent chances and could have snatched an ill deserved victory.

You have to ask what happened to the midfield in particular after such a bright start. Maxi and Kuyt went missing, Adam tried and failed to find a decent pass and Henderson was outfought in the middle. Downing was anonymous !

Make no mistake here, Wigan are no mugs and play some decent football and drew with Chelsea at the weekend but if we are to progress we really should be putting teams like Wigan under sustained pressure.

Kenny may well question his starting line up in private and on reflection rue not playing Bellamy and Shelvey from the off but it's gone now and we need to regroup for the next 2 home games against Blackburn and Newcastle.

In closing, I don't think we are good as many fans claim we are when we win but we are equally not as bad as some fans claim we are when we draw or lose. Football's an emotive game and of course I'm disappointed not to come away with a win but with recent events surrounding Suarez it's more important to unite behind one of our own and tonight as an away support we did just that and struck a proportionate response to the events of the last 24 hours.

WALK ON ...........Its what we do !
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:38 am

Great post that Ian.. (for me :D )

As an asian, female supporter of Liverpool FC and Suarez, I ask the question? If I say something to offend someone in my native language, but it is not offensive in my native language, should I be corrected and perhaps warned as to my future conduct or ... be labelled ignorant and racist, sexist etc., because I choose to apply my 'nativity' in a foreign context...?

Gosh I'm getting confused now.

Those who today say that the FA have 'stood firm', the Herman Ousleys and Paul Elliots of this world... have they forgotten about cultural differences and differing language inferences... it appears we have chosen to swipe with our superior understanding of the term used, and not the sensitive understanding, of differing cultures and linguistics and that really ... a warning and future conduct judgement would have sufficed, allowing the 'south american' to understand when and where to use the term...  derogatory here .. but not in his native land !

This has not killed the term.. it has killed the understanding of linguistic and cultural differences.. !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:49 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16262537.stm

The above link asks roughly the same question in terms of cultural interpretations and local meanings of certain words but also addresses the political maneuvering going on in the world of football at present between FIFA and several national football bodies including the FA. It strikes the right balance on the matter so far.

It will be very interesting to read the FA's report on the circumstances surrounding what would appear to be a harsh penalty.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:50 am

A disappointing result esp. against an opposition whom we should have taken 3 points. I guess a positive note to take from there was, Chelsea drew there last weekend and we're not the only one.

Another positive note I can point out in the midst of negativity is that with the imminent 8 match ban on Suarez, this will give KD and Comolli the impetus to get a quality striker next month, something many fans have been demanding and now Kenny and Commlli have to do it, otherwise forget about 4th place and be prepared to sit comfortably in 6th or 7th place come next May.  This next striker we're going to get is to fill in the vacant centre forward role when Suarez is missing and to compliment him when he returns from the racist and 1 finger bans.

In the summer, Kenny and Commolli probably overlooked the importance of getting a quality striker as they thought A.C. was good enough. They signed too many midfielders who turned out to be overpriced, average or at best above average ability midfielders. They may come out good one day but definitely not this season. Kenny I think tried to justify the 35 million by signing those midfielders to service Carroll and the whole plan flops. So I'm curious to find out what he would do next and who he will sign next month. He now must abandon this fantasy that Carroll will turn prolific (not this season anyway) and get a lethal striker regardless of where he's from and preferably a right winger. Otherwise, his job could lose his job if Henry is as impatient as Abromovich.
alwayslfc

Postby parchpea » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:53 am

Poor performance that should have won via the penalty spot but then again could have lost. Enrique was the only lad that turned up and aside from a promising first 20 mins everything we did was flat and uninspiring. We shouldnt be surprised anymore with this group, its one step forward and two back most weeks and until we add more quality it will continue that way.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:29 am

I keep saying sooner or later we are going to get 4 or 5 but I am
not so sure now.
Clearly we are not going to get in the top 4 without a couple of
good signings soon, a striker and attacking midfielder are a must for me.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games