LIVERPOOL VS WIGAN ATHLETIC - 12 february 2011, ko: 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby PabloMedina28 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:41 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
alwayslfc wrote:Maybe you guys have been comparing our play now with RH's play which I'm sure is a great improvement but I've been comparing with the Liverpool teams of the glory days.

The crux of the problem right there.  What good is it comparing our current play to the glory days when we simply don't have the players or the belief (despite our recent upturn in form) to play that way?  Why use that as the benchmark to evaluate this crop of players at this time?  You'll only set yourself up for disappointment.  No, for me it's perfectly acceptable to compare how we're playing now with how we were playing under Roy and at the tail end of Rafa's tenure.  When viewed in that light, I'm pleased.  We are playing better football.  We are trying to revive the pass and move style that was the Liverpool bread and butter during the glory days.  Kenny's just getting started putting his stamp on the team and we've already sign a significant upturn in performances and results.  These are happy days as far as I'm concerned, considering the dark pit of despair we've just crawled out of.

Exactly. My mum use to make an amazing curry back in the day. Now if my girlfriend makes an alright one ill tell her that was better then the :censored: you cooked last tuesday. I wont even try to compare it to my mums. Whats the point?
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloMedina28 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:46 pm

Johnny Boy wrote:I was at the game and haven't read a lot of the comments on here.

Wigan deserve some credit, and they have pace and genuine width which we just don't have.
To be honest and most sat around me agreed we didn't deserve to win.

I thought many of our players were a yard short, Kuyt, Maxi and Lucas in particular, maybe international matches were partly to blame for the overall lack-lustre performance.

Suarez did well, and I am sure if Gerrard or Carroll were avalable or Meireles didn't go off we would have won.
The fact we didn't despite our recent improvement is just further proof of what we all know, we lack genuine width and pace in midfield.
They had 2 good wide players who pushed us back at times, hence Johnson and Kelly never really got forward enough.

My only criticism of Kenny is that whilst we had limited options on the bench we were crying out for something different the last 20 minutes. Pacheco had his track suit bottom off all afternoon, I lost count of the number of times he ran up the touchline and the expectancy was he would be coming on.
Personally I think it was a mistake not to use him and to bring Jovanovic on and use him on the right was also a bit strange.

I think Wigan deserve alot of credit id take McCarthy, Moses, Rodellga (spelling) and Nzogbia over some of the dross in our squad anyday.

I thought the same about Pacheco, whether Rafa, Roy or Kenny hes the one consitant thing. Whens he gonna get his change over the likes of Jova Maxi Ngog? Surely the lad cant do any worse.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games