WIGAN ATHLETIC VS LIVERPOOL - Monday 08/03/10 20:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:17 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:Sick of Gerrard getting so much stick after the way he has performed for us over the years.

What he's done in the past has nothing whatsoever to him thinking he has the right to moan everyone left right and centre.

He gave the ball more than any other player, including Kuyt in the first half last night.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:18 pm

I havnt had a smile on me face since last night , but just had a convo with someone and they said i was worth my weight in gold, Thats it now im gonna send my big fat ar.se to CASH FOR GOLD and ill be minted . Might even buy meself an exec box, Now im really :censored: laughing, I have had enough i have the whole lot of them from Rafa down to the little YTS boy who sits behind him should stick there hands in ther pockets this mornin and either make a donation to the HJF, or give our fans the money back for travelingto watch sh.ite like that, im telling you if i would of gone lastnight i  would of wanted a refund, and i would of wrote to the club demanding one,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:28 pm

stmichael wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:Sick of Gerrard getting so much stick after the way he has performed for us over the years.

What he's done in the past has nothing whatsoever to him thinking he has the right to moan everyone left right and centre.

He gave the ball more than any other player, including Kuyt in the first half last night.

He moaned once and that wasnt when someone gave the ball away.
It was when he had the ball in the centre and there was no movement.

And to me someone who has done all of that for the club does command a bit more respect.
There is no evidence at all to suggest that he is thinking he is bigger than the club.

All's i see when i watch him this season is a player that is struggling for form but that is in a team that hardly will help you get your form back, as he is surrounded by limited players that have poor movement.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Scottbot » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:20 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
stmichael wrote:

He moaned once and that wasnt when someone gave the ball away.
It was when he had the ball in the centre and there was no movement.

And to me someone who has done all of that for the club does command a bit more respect.
There is no evidence at all to suggest that he is thinking he is bigger than the club.

All's i see when i watch him this season is a player that is struggling for form but that is in a team that hardly will help you get your form back, as he is surrounded by limited players that have poor movement.

I agree with both of you to some extent, he doesn't deserve the stick he sometimes gets from our fan base when he fails to live up to his previous roy of the rovers standards BUT he was as culpable as anyone else out there last night so to see him bitch, moan and pull the faces he was pulling is a bit of a head scratcher as as well. I'd have liked to see him work harder when we had the ball last night, several times I found myself shouting at him to go and show for the ball when the likes of Kuyt or Lucas (players who don't really know what to do with it) had the ball at their feet but he didn't.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:21 pm

stmichael wrote:

ah but could you not apply the same logic to Rafa, "what he has done in the past".
Rafa is still living off of 2005 and enough really is enough, does anybody think that it will be any different next season compared to this one, if so what will change?
heimdall

Postby Reg » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:41 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Reg wrote:ITS A FARCE....... and it all started with the pre-season tour!!  We´ve simply NEVER got started this season.

WRONG Reg selling Xabi Alonso was one of the biggest feck ups rafa has ever made Im afraid.

B :angry: I :angry: N :angry: G :angry: O :angry:   !!

Selling Alonso will go down as THE biggest mistake this club has made in the last 20 years.

What a difference he could have made last night.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:08 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:All's i see when i watch him this season is a player that is struggling for form but that is in a team that hardly will help you get your form back, as he is surrounded by limited players that have poor movement.

But he's a contributing factor to that poor movement. His attitude last night was a disgrace whatever way anyone wants to look at it. We know our team is lacking confidence and a number of players are struggling badly, but that's when the top players have to step up instead of slumming around thinking "what the hell am I doing here?"

At times he looks more like a player who's more interested in protecting himself for the World Cup in the summer.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:06 pm

Every single one of them were :censored: last night bar the greek and mascherano . I felt sorry for torres coz he had feck all service . The rest were a complete pile of dogsh!t , and i include the manager in all that . Feckin shameful .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:07 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:Firstly there is no way the players dont care.
The people that are stating Gerrard was strolling round - was i watching a different game ?
He didnt have a good game, he was poor to be honest. But there is no way he was strolling.
Did anyone see the tackle he got booked for ?
The one where he won the ball but still got booked. No lack of commitment there at all.
Like Scott said, the players appear to be frustrated by their lack of form but its not that they dont care.
See how many bookings we have been getting lately ?
Thats not players that dont care.

I think its easy to say players are letting the manager down.
For me its the other way round.
The manager has let the players down this season.

I said months back that he should have gone, i dont need to call him names but he is in danger of undoing so much good work in one season.
He looks like he is at a loss to explain whats gone wrong when he gets interviewed after every poor result. Like he has lost his own self belief.
I am reading Carra's book at the moment and he talks about what a top manager Houllier was but that the last 2 seasons have tainted his image and reputation amongst our supporters.
Well i am telling you now, all you Rafa fans will be the same if we get any more of this.
The man done a top job getting us back to where we should have been in europe, but has consistently failed at home and if we dont change it soon we may end up about 7th this season.

Rafa’s guarantee for securing 4th spot, it is nearing its expiry than maturity, he can promises what he likes, he doesn’t care, because he is sitting on expensive contract. He has lost the plot totally not only this season, the previous four seasons too,  the players are not responding to his wired and negative tactics, and they just waiting and buying time for the end of seasons to sort out their future contract with new clubs.
Rafa is the worst LFC manager I have come across, he has done more harm than good for this club, he is only interested in himself, and I just ask his faithful, was it worth it backing him all this time? He ought to be sacked three seasons ago, the idiots American owners fail for his trap when they gave him a new contract last season, I know they are :censored:, but they have given him enough money to bring top class players, instead he went on spent most of it on an injured player!!!
More declines and the worst is still to come next season, that if Rafa stays in charge, LFC is heading towards the same path as Leeds that it had taken some five years ago, are his faithful would be chanting his name by then? He was lucky to win two cups, only on PENALTIES, and then he became God in some fans eyes!!!!! And they have forgotten the disappoints for the past five years, I do not call this is good track records of a top manager!!
algymoon

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:08 pm

Ive always stuck by Rafa despite people laughing so hard at him/us this season.

but i really just lost my patience last night.  im not even angry anymore as im getting used to this.

Kuyt, Lucas, Insua are not good enough to win league titles.

Aquilani and Maxi don't look great yet but ill give them 2 more time.

Gerrard can't seem to find form at all and does seem to be moaning and diving more these days. 

Torres is just too injury prone. (but great when fit)

We have no wingers with pace.  Johnson should probably play right wing!!!

As for Rafa, why not throw caution to the wind and sub mascherano for Ngog last night? 

I think we'll be finishing outside the top 4 now.  Especially if City go 6 or 7 ahead. 

At least the owners might go if we dont make Europe.  Ill give Rafa the end of this year but im quickly losing patience.
Last edited by jacdaniel on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Madmax » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:17 pm

The players seem like they can't be bothered but i would like to know if they lack motivation of whatever is it whats the cause of this? Isn't it the mangers job to motivate his players and generalise tactics in order to change the aspect of a match.... Feck knows whats wrong with LFC this season.. Complete shambles.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:25 pm

Madmax wrote:The players seem like they can't be bothered but i would like to know if they lack motivation of whatever is it whats the cause of this? Isn't it the mangers job to motivate his players and generalise tactics in order to change the aspect of a match.... Feck knows whats wrong with LFC this season.. Complete shambles.

i think its also the system.  the 4-2-3-1 just doesn't seem to be working too well at times. 

Why not be bold and throw Ngog up with Torres?  Gerrard and Masch in midfield.  maybe yossi and kuyt on the wings.

We should have the players to beat most PL teams if they are used correctly.  it kills me when i see United and Arsenal ripping teams apart and we can hardly get a shot on target anymore.

PS:  We are a joke at set pieces.  We rarely score from them and 1 out of 2 times we seem to concede from them!
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:46 pm

We paid a big price for loyalty and faith has not been rewarded. The manager should have gone a long time back when the rot had clearly set in but Benitez always had a lot of fans standing behind him.Its a shame because I understand why people back their own but sometimes you have to know when to end it but sadly we are not very good at that at Liverpool and this is the result.We must learn a valuable lesson here and start by not giving guys crazy long term contracts but let them prove their worth.I mean Rafa's eyes must have lit up when he saw that contract offer in this day and age, it was one hell of a deal but he had manufactured a situation where he was almost untouchable at the football club.That in itself is not healthy and its not made him a better manager or person infact its been the undoing of him and his team. Benitez turned arrogant and wallows in the power bestowed upon him by the football club where he at least until know has been beyond reproach.He was finished at Liverpool way back and finally now we may be seeing a time when we might see the back of him and we can move on into a new era that will give hope to both players and the supporters.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:53 pm

parchpea wrote:Benitez turned arrogant and wallows in the power bestowed upon him by the football club where he at least until know has been beyond reproach.

You don't need to say things like this to feel justified in your criticisms of his tenure.
LFC2007

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:55 pm

I wonder what the story would of been if torres had put away those chances he got - 4 golden ones
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games