WIGAN ATHLETIC VS LIVERPOOL - Monday 08/03/10 20:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Madmax » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:14 pm

jacdaniel wrote:
Madmax wrote:The players seem like they can't be bothered but i would like to know if they lack motivation of whatever is it whats the cause of this? Isn't it the mangers job to motivate his players and generalise tactics in order to change the aspect of a match.... Feck knows whats wrong with LFC this season.. Complete shambles.

i think its also the system.  the 4-2-3-1 just doesn't seem to be working too well at times. 

Why not be bold and throw Ngog up with Torres?  Gerrard and Masch in midfield.  maybe yossi and kuyt on the wings.

We should have the players to beat most PL teams if they are used correctly.  it kills me when i see United and Arsenal ripping teams apart and we can hardly get a shot on target anymore.

PS:  We are a joke at set pieces.  We rarely score from them and 1 out of 2 times we seem to concede from them!

If we play 4-4-2 to would slot gerrard on the right and partner aquilani with macha.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:20 pm

play 4-3-2 and tell Gerard to f*ck off and sort his priorities out
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:44 pm

Reg wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
Reg wrote:ITS A FARCE....... and it all started with the pre-season tour!!  We´ve simply NEVER got started this season.

WRONG Reg selling Xabi Alonso was one of the biggest feck ups rafa has ever made Im afraid.

B :angry: I :angry: N :angry: G :angry: O :angry:   !!

Selling Alonso will go down as THE biggest mistake this club has made in the last 20 years.

What a difference he could have made last night.

Right on the Money !  ???

It's always difficult when a player wants to leave as Xabi last summer did but you have to go back a full 12 months to discover where the seeds of discontent were sown for Xabi Alonso.

On the back of what was a poor season for him (2007/08) Rafa was hawking him out to all and sundry in an effort to raise cash for the Gareth Barry deal. That didn't happen after a well documented spat with O'Neil who was his usual volatile self over the whole affair. On this a occasion he was right to be angry as both Benitez then our Captain publicly poached Barry.

We lost out on Barry, :censored: off Alonso and bought Keane as an afterthought and we all know what happened there .......

No matter how much players are paid it DOES matter how you treat them and Alonso was as good as gone then but being the consummate professional he picked himself up and had arguably his best season in a Liverpool shirt (08/09)

What we saw last night were players disinterested/ disaffected/ disheartened (Delete as appropriate) and the manager has to take responsibility for that.

If their disinterested It's his job to get them interested

If their disheartened it's his job to pick them up.

If their disaffected then they need to look elsewhere cos as a Fan I'm not taking that from any player in a Red shirt...........
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:59 pm

algymoon wrote:Rafa’s guarantee for securing 4th spot, it is nearing its expiry than maturity, he can promises what he likes, he doesn’t care, because he is sitting on expensive contract. He has lost the plot totally not only this season, the previous four seasons too,  the players are not responding to his wired and negative tactics, and they just waiting and buying time for the end of seasons to sort out their future contract with new clubs.
Rafa is the worst LFC manager I have come across, he has done more harm than good for this club, he is only interested in himself, and I just ask his faithful, was it worth it backing him all this time? He ought to be sacked three seasons ago, the idiots American owners fail for his trap when they gave him a new contract last season, I know they are :censored:, but they have given him enough money to bring top class players, instead he went on spent most of it on an injured player!!!
More declines and the worst is still to come next season, that if Rafa stays in charge, LFC is heading towards the same path as Leeds that it had taken some five years ago, are his faithful would be chanting his name by then? He was lucky to win two cups, only on PENALTIES, and then he became God in some fans eyes!!!!! And they have forgotten the disappoints for the past five years, I do not call this is good track records of a top manager!!

Saying the same things this time last season after we had just trounced Real Madrid 6-0 on aggregate were you? I've lost faith in Rafa, a little while ago as it happens, so have many others and the list seems to be growing quickly. He certainly deserves criticism because he has made a complete balls up of the thing this season but dumbass posts like this one still have to be checked. He should have been sacked three seasons ago you say? For losing the Champions League FINAL that season maybe? No matter what happens from here I'll always be grateful for some truly amazing and unforgettable nights of football when Anfield was whipped into the biggest frenzies in it's illustrious history.

Just because he's probably getting to the end of things now (I believe) it doesn't mean the guy has to go in the stocks while the majority throw bull....s...h...i...t at him.  :no
Last edited by Scottbot on Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:36 pm

NANNY RED wrote:First time ive seen Rafa fecked off like this , i hope he layed into them in the dressing room,

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news....cc=5739

I think he'd be wiser not to Nanny. They might tell him a few home truths.
tonyeh

Postby JC_81 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:49 pm

Scottbot wrote:Saying the same things this time last season after we had just trounced Real Madrid 6-0 on aggregate were you? I've lost faith in Rafa, a little while ago as it happens, so have many others and the list seems to be growing quickly. He certainly deserves criticism because he has made a complete balls up of the thing this season but dumbass posts like this one still have to be checked. He should have been sacked three seasons ago you say? For losing the Champions League FINAL that season maybe? No matter what happens from here I'll always be grateful for some truly amazing and unforgettable nights of football when Anfield was whipped into the biggest frenzies in it's illustrious history.

Just because he's probably getting to the end of things now (I believe) it doesn't mean the guy has to go in the stocks while the majority throw bull....s...h...i...t at him.  :no

Agree with that mate.

I think Benitez should go, this season has just been far from good enough.  The results, the football and the state of the squad is just not good enough for the length of time he's been here.

But you're right, he's given us some really good times over the past few seasons, some of which I'll never forget.  He's a good manager, but things have gone wrong somewhere.  I believe only a change in manager can breathe some life into the existing squad and perhaps bring a few new ideas in, otherwise I can't see things getting any better.  But at the same time people who come on here slagging Benitez off, calling him names and coming off with ridiculous suggestions that he should have been sacked 3 seasons ago need taking aside.  It's not on.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:05 pm

Scottbot wrote:
algymoon wrote:Rafa’s guarantee for securing 4th spot, it is nearing its expiry than maturity, he can promises what he likes, he doesn’t care, because he is sitting on expensive contract. He has lost the plot totally not only this season, the previous four seasons too,  the players are not responding to his wired and negative tactics, and they just waiting and buying time for the end of seasons to sort out their future contract with new clubs.
Rafa is the worst LFC manager I have come across, he has done more harm than good for this club, he is only interested in himself, and I just ask his faithful, was it worth it backing him all this time? He ought to be sacked three seasons ago, the idiots American owners fail for his trap when they gave him a new contract last season, I know they are :censored:, but they have given him enough money to bring top class players, instead he went on spent most of it on an injured player!!!
More declines and the worst is still to come next season, that if Rafa stays in charge, LFC is heading towards the same path as Leeds that it had taken some five years ago, are his faithful would be chanting his name by then? He was lucky to win two cups, only on PENALTIES, and then he became God in some fans eyes!!!!! And they have forgotten the disappoints for the past five years, I do not call this is good track records of a top manager!!

Saying the same things this time last season after we had just trounced Real Madrid 6-0 on aggregate were you? I've lost faith in Rafa, a little while ago as it happens, so have many others and the list seems to be growing quickly. He certainly deserves criticism because he has made a complete balls up of the thing this season but dumbass posts like this one still have to be checked. He should have been sacked three seasons ago you say? For losing the Champions League FINAL that season maybe? No matter what happens from here I'll always be grateful for some truly amazing and unforgettable nights of football when Anfield was whipped into the biggest frenzies in it's illustrious history.

Well I've never liked Rafa although I thought he had finally turned a corner towards the end of last season when we were playing good positive football but alas it was an illusion and this season is reason enough for him to feck off.
I will however give him credit for our success in Europe, he has been a very good manager for Liverpool in Europe, well apart form this year obviously.
heimdall

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games