LIVERPOOL V WIGAN ATHLETIC 24-3-2012

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:24 pm

After the humiliating circumstances of wednesday night we welcome 19th place to anfield.

In recent years we seem to draw with them such was the case this year, The players are going to have to put the effort in tommorow and would not be surprised to see some changes.

3 points is a minimum tommorow any thing less is NOT acceptable.

Wigan have been dreadful but have put some decent performances together recently.

Id go for a 4-3-3 tommorow

Reina
Kelly                                         Skrtle                                 Coates                       Enrique

Gerrard                         Hendo                      Spearing

Maxi                                                        Carrol                             Suarez     

3-0 Redmen

im going to this one so anyone fancy meeting for a drink let us know ;)

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Wendyjilabi » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:33 pm

I have no idea how to use this site do I hope people bare with me. I'm on here because I am doing a charity event for Marie curie cancer and u have been given a very special football to sell in order to raise funds. The ball was signed by all players of the 1981 European cup against real Madrid when Liverpool won 1-0. I have pics as a list of all who have signed if anyone is interested please email me on wendyrivers13@yahoo.co.uk. Serious supporters will know exactly whats its worth as will understand I'm trying to get as much as possible for it as the money is going to a good cause
Wendyjilabi
LFC Basic Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:05 pm

We are now 12 points and 3 places away from 4th spot with only 9 games left. Now is the time to invest for next season rather than chase what is an unrealistic target using the same methods and players that have failed to get anywhere close a challenge for 4th spot.   

I’d like to see Coates preferred over Carragher for the rest of the season. He has hardly featured and the more he plays the better. And let’s give Henderson a chance to prove he can take on the responsibility of playing in the middle and play with the discipline required.  Shelvey made an impact at Blackpool playing as a right sided forward in a 4-3-3 so I’m sure he wouldn’t have a problem adjusting to a similar role in our system. Gerrard has played a couple of games in a short space of time so I think we should start him on the bench to protect him from further injury.           

These 9 games could be very useful if we give those that haven’t featured must a chance to stake a claim for next season.

Reina

Kelly     Coates     Skrtel     Enrique

Spearing     Henderson

Shelvey     Suarez     Maxi

Kuyt

Subs: Carroll, Gerrard, Downing, Coady, Aurelio, Carragher, Doni

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:54 pm

if we don't win this we may aswell give up.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:07 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:We are now 12 points and 3 places away from 4th spot with only 9 games left. Now is the time to invest for next season rather than chase what is an unrealistic target using the same methods and players that have failed to get anywhere close a challenge for 4th spot.   

I’d like to see Coates preferred over Carragher for the rest of the season. He has hardly featured and the more he plays the better. And let’s give Henderson a chance to prove he can take on the responsibility of playing in the middle and play with the discipline required.  Shelvey made an impact at Blackpool playing as a right sided forward in a 4-3-3 so I’m sure he wouldn’t have a problem adjusting to a similar role in our system. Gerrard has played a couple of games in a short space of time so I think we should start him on the bench to protect him from further injury.           

These 9 games could be very useful if we give those that haven’t featured must a chance to stake a claim for next season.

Reina

Spearing     Henderson

Kuyt

Invest in next season yet start Maxi and Kuyt who are prob the favourites to leave during the summer ??

Also Shelvey played behind a striker for Blackpool and Kelly is prob out injured .
Benny The Noon

Postby aCe' » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:40 pm

Shelvey is nowhere near good enough. I dont think we need to play him to prove that. Him going out on loan was the best thing we could have done and recalling him (while understandable) would have done his chances of someday making our strongest 11 no good. 
I agree with the concept of playing some of the backup players and those who are yet to prove themselves. That said, losing yet another game against relegation favorites is simply unacceptable especially given the fact that we're at Anfield for this one. I'd go with this:

Reina
Flanagan
Carragher
Skrtel
Enrique
Maxi
Gerrard
Spearing
Downing
Carroll
Suarez

Of that starting 11, Reina, Skrtel, Enrique, Gerrard, & Suarez are the only players good enough to hold a starting spot in a side aiming for a top4 finish. The rest are backup players at best.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Wee_Didit » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:54 pm

We've been horrible against the bottom of the log teams this season, and I hope this one is different.

The last thing I want to see is another effing draw,points dropped, so we have to hit them from the off.

I expect a decent performance and only a win will suffice.

Go and make us proud, Redmen.
'Son, you'll do well here as long as you remember two things. Don't over-eat and don't lose your accent.' - to Ian St John when he signed for Liverpool.
Wee_Didit

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:08 am

Benny The Noon » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:07 pm wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:We are now 12 points and 3 places away from 4th spot with only 9 games left. Now is the time to invest for next season rather than chase what is an unrealistic target using the same methods and players that have failed to get anywhere close a challenge for 4th spot.   

Reina

Spearing     Henderson

Kuyt

Invest in next season yet start Maxi and Kuyt who are prob the favourites to leave during the summer ??

Also Shelvey played behind a striker for Blackpool and Kelly is prob out injured .

By picking out Kuyt and Maxi, I can see you are indirectly supporting Carroll and Downing, as there are not really any other options in those positions. I guess it’s a case of whether you believe they have a chance of being a success here. I don’t, and believe they will both be sold to less ambition clubs than ours before their contracts are up for less than half what we paid for them. So keeping in mind the lack of option upfront and on left hand side of midfield, and the fact I see no long term future for either Carroll or Downing, its safe for you to assume that I believe Kuyt and Maxi are better players and will serve us better in this match.

On your second point, Blackpool played a 4-3-3 when they were in the premiership and they still do. They don’t actually play 1 player directly behind the striker. Shelvey played as right sided forward with the license to drift, which is generally the case when you play a 4-3-3.

And Kelly is more likely to play than not: http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-n ... ury-update

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:45 am

It should be 7-0 to Liverpool but it won't be because we are a confused side. 2-1 struggle as usual when we should just sweep them aside.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:11 am

We will batter them for 90mins.............and probably lose 1-0

Need to find some enthusiasm for this, we are humdrum and frustrating to watch.

Kenny please do something to inject some passion into this team.

Fed up with hearing
"need to show a response"
"lessons have been learnt"
"we are well up for this game"

Its all *****, we are W*nk at the moment
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:18 am

Cool Hand Luke » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:08 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:07 pm wrote:

Reina

Spearing     Henderson

Kuyt

By picking out Kuyt and Maxi, I can see you are indirectly supporting Carroll and Downing, as there are not really any other options in those positions. I guess it’s a case of whether you believe they have a chance of being a success here. I don’t, and believe they will both be sold to less ambition clubs than ours before their contracts are up for less than half what we paid for them. So keeping in mind the lack of option upfront and on left hand side of midfield, and the fact I see no long term future for either Carroll or Downing, its safe for you to assume that I believe Kuyt and Maxi are better players and will serve us better in this match.

On your second point, Blackpool played a 4-3-3 when they were in the premiership and they still do. They don’t actually play 1 player directly behind the striker. Shelvey played as right sided forward with the license to drift, which is generally the case when you play a 4-3-3.

And Kelly is more likely to play than not: http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-n ... ury-update

I'm picking out Kuyt and Maxi because they have both been as poor as anyone this season.

Carroll and Downing will still be at the club next season - the chances that Kuyt and Maxi will is very very slim.

If you really want to invest in the future you play someone like Sterling not two 30 plus year old coming to the end of their career.

Both Carroll and Downing whilst disappointing this season have been better than Kuyt and Maxi in recent months.

As for Shelvey - my mate is a season ticket holder at Blackpool and I can guarentee you that Shelvey played just behind Phillips in a 4-4-1-1 formation whilst he was there on loan.
Benny The Noon

Postby Greavesie » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:38 am

I've been on nightshift so I'll find out the final score upon waking up. I fully expect three points in this but will not be surprised with a 0:0 draw
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby only me » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:25 am

As our season is over i hope Kenny would let our squad players get a taste of football ,Let Flano and Jonjo play ,Let Coates start as well ,If Sterling is around let him also play a bit.
The QPR game really deflated any believe which still remained in the starting lineup players ,so let the youngsters get their chance to shine.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:28 am

i predict that this game will be absolutely dire. as if us playing lowly opposition at home wasn't reason enough for a mind-bendingly dull draw, us and wigan have the two lowest conversion rates in the league. last year was a painful 1-1 and i don't expect much difference this time around, though 0-0 would be a refreshing change.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:48 am

If we play the kids and lose there will be uproar. I'd just like to point out Chelsea have spurs today a win for us would mean we would gain points on at least one of these teams.  I seem to represent a minority that  wants to win EVERY game and finish as high as possible

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games