WIGAN ATHLETIC VS LIVERPOOL - Wednesday 21st december 20.00pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RedSi35 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:12 pm

I really dont know what the answer is anymore.

This has gotta be our lowest scoring season ( at this point ) for a long long time. I dont envy kenny trying to solve it because i just dont think its a new striker, its a playmaker, a defence unlocker.

Downing has been really disapointing for me
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:15 pm

Ive defended Adam when most have said he was sh'ite and out of his league. Tonight I cant argue with that assessment
Pure, undiluted, unadulterated, absolute sh'ite. Wost game Ive seen him play. Should never have been within a million miles of that penalty. Fu*king dire and out of place with Premiership players there tonight.
He needs to think seriously about that game and make sure it never happens again.
Woeful
Thommo's perm

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:16 pm

Every other week its the same thing, we completly dominate the game and dont come away with the result, we are not good enough in front of goal and passing is to sloppy.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:18 pm

RedSi35 wrote:I really dont know what the answer is anymore.

This has gotta be our lowest scoring season ( at this point ) for a long long time. I dont envy kenny trying to solve it because i just dont think its a new striker, its a playmaker, a defence unlocker.

Goalkeepers having the games of their lives and the woodwork don't help either!
Kopite-Jud

Postby Kopite-Jud » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:22 pm

If anyone thinks we are blunt up front just wait till Suarez serves his ban :angry:
Kopite-Jud

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:23 pm

For me Maxi and Adam were the reasons we left with nothing.

Adam was wasteful and obvious with all his passing, also has a distinct inability to pass to Shelvey. Maxi was useless at everything, waste of a shirt.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:26 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:For me Maxi and Adam were the reasons we left with nothing.

Adam was wasteful and obvious with all his passing, also has a distinct inability to pass to Shelvey. Maxi was useless at everything, waste of a shirt.

Apart from creating our only clear cut chance from open play.
Eagle

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:28 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:Every other week its the same thing, we completly dominate the game and dont come away with the result, we are not good enough in front of goal and passing is to sloppy.

We've all been quite rightly bitching about our lack of goals.

Probably get battered for this but the question has to be asked, despite his undoubted skill and application, as our primary "striker" in terms of goals scored is Suarez a disappointment ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RedSi35 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:28 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:For me Maxi and Adam were the reasons we left with nothing.

Saw the not passing to shelvey tonight as well as on sunday? ????

Is their a bit of tension there? Young guy with a bit of passion showing him up?
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:29 pm

Kopite-Jud wrote:
RedSi35 wrote:I really dont know what the answer is anymore.

Goalkeepers having the games of their lives and the woodwork don't help either!

The GK played well, but both Adam and Johnson should have scored today. And a miss is a miss, whether it hits the woodwork or the 30th row. Finishing is our big problem. I don't like the way Carroll movement upsets the fluidity of our attack, but I wonder if it isn't time to give him an extented run up top, with Suarez playing off him until his ban starts.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:30 pm

Enrique had a go, Pepe was ok.
Its downhill from there with Adam right at the bottom
Thommo's perm

Postby Raoul » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:31 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:Every other week its the same thing, we completly dominate the game and dont come away with the result, we are not good enough in front of goal and passing is to sloppy.

Probably get battered for this but the question has to be asked, despite his undoubted skill and application, as our primary "striker" in terms of goals scored is Suarez a disappointment ?

He is playing in the wrong position I think. He isn't the right guy to be leading the line. Right now he is being asked to do a job that doesn't really suit him.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:33 pm

woof woof ! wrote:

Half the problem is that we are playing him as our primary striker. At Ajax he always played behind a centre forward. The players around him don’t provide enough of a threat so the opposition just crowd Suarez out and that ends up stifling us.
Eagle

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:34 pm

woof woof ! wrote:

To an extent yes, Suarez is not what you would call a clinical finisher but he does more than enough for the team to be let off IMO, he carries the team most matches. He needs an out and out striker in front of him to score the headers, one on ones and tap ins.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:35 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:

Enrique had a go, Pepe was ok.
Its downhill from there with Adam right at the bottom

Skrtel should be given credit as well. Didn't look very concentrated and made a few stupid mistakes but he saved us numerous times.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games