WIGAN ATHLETIC VS LIVERPOOL - Monday 08/03/10 20:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby akumaface » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:16 am

NANNY RED wrote:[ Id feel a fecking ashamed of meself picking up me wages , knowing id cheated the fans]

Nan, obviously you are not a professional footballer because they don't feel ashamed.  :D

Back to the game, i haven't watched it yet and probably will not but this theme had repeated numerous time this year and we are for sure to finish outside top 4. I'm just worried that for those who wanted to come play for us will now go somewhere else. Hard to recruit quality player as there will be no Champions League. Knowing we are stuck with the same players for next season really worries me. Mascherano may not sign an extension and Lucas will even play more(really a scary thought). I would sell gerrard and do a overhaul as the soul of the team really doesn't have a soul. Anyway, I might probably stop watching for the rest of the season......
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby RedSi35 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:59 am

Doesn't look or feel any better in the cold light of the morning. Worst performance of the season the players have lost the will, the manager has lost the players and the fans have lost all hope. We will be lucky to finish 7th now, no Europe next season. unfortunately the majority of the blame has to sit with the manager, he has to set the tactics and motivate the players and he can no longer do that.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:20 am

Redman in wales wrote:
mkingdom wrote:Outplayed by Wigan.  FFS.  :angry:

outplayed

outclassed

outpassed

outscored

out of the fu.ukin champions league next season

Don't worry, we might still win the Euro Disney league and so enter it as holders, but based on this season where we've failed to score NINE times, and scored only once a further SEVENTEEN times, the chances are remote.

We can always hope the bitters and big club haters are right and UEFA suddenly changes the qualification rules so we get a place, but I doubt it.

09/10 statistical nightmare

Played : 41
Won : 19
Drawn : 8
Lost : 14
For : 58
Against : 42
Clean Sheets : 16

So we've conceded more than a goal a game, I was shocked when I saw that.

0 goals : P9 W0 D3 L6 F0 A9 (Won 0.00%)
1 goal : P17 W6 D3 L8 F17 A21 (Won 35.29%)
2 goals : P9 W7 D2 L0 F18 A6 (Won 77.78%)
3+ goals : P6 W6 D0 L0 F23 A6 (Won 100.00%)

26 games out of 41 we've failed to score two goals, including a shedload of cup games. That's nearly 2/3, while Kuyt's error was terrible, maybe it simply sums up our play these days. Yes it is the players playing badly, but the manager picks the formation, players, makes the substitutions and if they're not playing or doing what he wants then he needs to do something about it. Torres could have been taken off, but Rafa usually only takes him off if he's injured or he thinks the game is won. While a few have targeted some of the usual suspects for criticism, I notice the superstars were let off even though few if any had a really good game. Rafa was hoping, and still is, that Gerrard and Torres will pull us up into 4th but the fact is Gerrard isn't playing as well as he has the past two seasons, and while Torres will always get goals, he missed chances last night and hasn't scored more than one goal in any game since 26th September when we stuffed Hull 6-1.

We've lost our fear factor, teams don't fear us beating them anymore and they know they can get something from us. When teams play Chelsea or the mancs they fear defeat, when they play us they don't. They know we don't score enough goals and that just by scoring they have a bloody good chance of a result.

What hope 4th now? Well we could put on rose tinted specs and analyse the remaining games, but we did that already and I think most of us pencilled in a win at Wigan so that might be wasted energy. All teams in and around us looking at 4th have one or more games in hand on us

citeh - 1 point ahead, 2 games in hand
villa - 3 points behind, 3 games in hand
spudz - 1 point ahead, 1 game in hand

All the above have level or better GD. Saw on s*y this morning that citeh are favourites and we're joint second favourites on 3-1 with villa and spudz. I think that underestimates villa who would only be a point behind citeh if they win their extra game in hand, but perhaps the bookies love citeh too much
Last edited by Owzat on Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:23 am

RedSi35 wrote:Doesn't look or feel any better in the cold light of the morning. Worst performance of the season the players have lost the will, the manager has lost the players and the fans have lost all hope. We will be lucky to finish 7th now, no Europe next season. unfortunately the majority of the blame has to sit with the manager, he has to set the tactics and motivate the players and he can no longer do that.

Something a lot of people seem happy to ignore is the serious chance of our top players wanting to leave. They didn't join team Rafa to play Euro Disney football and sit way off the top, they might be persuaded by our finish last season, but would anyone on here want to play dross football like we are AND not even qualify for CL or have the consolation of a proper cup?!?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:30 am

NANNY RED wrote:Oh yeh Rafa told them all out there tonight not to give a t.oss, he told them dont tackle, he said when you get the ball make sure you pass to one of there players, you had players on that pitch tonight Especialy our captain who walked around like he was fuc.king Jesus, Im not sayin Rafa should not shoulder some of the blame , but if you were watching the same game as i was surly you could see they couldnt give a t.oss , Id feel a fecking ashamed of meself picking up me wages , knowing id cheated the fans

:laugh:

I think they are all too excited about the prospect of winning the first ever Euro Disney League, I mean oh the PRESTIGE of being the first name on a brand new tin pot :D IF WHEN they win it, the rest of the Premiership, nay EUROPE, will be quaking in its boots knowing that the reds will win the Premiership, having of course secured the UEFA Super Cup to go in their cabinet.

Maybe they knew that it would be tough and even if they gave 100% then they'd only just beat Wigan and with the weight of all the rubbish performances this season that they would struggle to finish 4th given it is now beyond their control. If it felt like an end of season game then perhaps that reflects that if it were in relation to when our season ended then this must be pre-season.
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:54 am

Had to listen to Radio 4 & 2 on the way to work as I couldn't listen to all the fecking post mortems on 5 Live or Talksport
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shawnk » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:10 am

akumaface wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:[ Id feel a fecking ashamed of meself picking up me wages , knowing id cheated the fans]

Nan, obviously you are not a professional footballer because they don't feel ashamed.  :D

Back to the game, i haven't watched it yet and probably will not but this theme had repeated numerous time this year and we are for sure to finish outside top 4. I'm just worried that for those who wanted to come play for us will now go somewhere else. Hard to recruit quality player as there will be no Champions League. Knowing we are stuck with the same players for next season really worries me. Mascherano may not sign an extension and Lucas will even play more(really a scary thought). I would sell gerrard and do a overhaul as the soul of the team really doesn't have a soul. Anyway, I might probably stop watching for the rest of the season......

I am just afraid the TV stations here no longer want to show live Liverpool matches that's all...
shawnk

Postby devaney » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:35 am

shawnk wrote:
akumaface wrote:

I am just afraid the TV stations here no longer want to show live Liverpool matches that's all...

Portsmouth Nanny - now Wigan !! How many games are you going to go to before you actually realise that there are more people to blame than our fkg awful owners?

I was embarrassed last night to call myself a Liverpool supporter. Benitez is absolutely clueless when it comes to the Premiership. Wigan 3 points out of 21 before last nights game and we can't even score against them with virtually our best team! Benitrez threw the Premiership title away last season and now he is simply helping to ruin Liverpool with almost every move he makes!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:40 am

Well no 4th spot this season . I hope villa fecking get it
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:48 am

Woke up and just having me cup of coffee , i honestly feel horrible. , i cant be botherd any more ,fed up with the lot of it ,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:14 am

I´m as sick as a parrot, cant believe we were outplayed by Wigan. They were faster than us, competed better and had slick passing.
Once again we had 5 booked !! What the BH is going on??  We didnt deserve to win that game and even a draw would have been a let off.
Wigan winning 1-0 was just TBH.

I dont know if Rafa´s run out of juice or what, I really dont know but you´ve gotta start drawing parallels with GED´s decline.
Will he get another chance and still be here next season just to see the transformation through to new owners?

I dont understand the Aquilani situation, I really dont. I dont think anyone does.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:15 am

Double post.....  :p
Last edited by Reg on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:19 am

Firstly there is no way the players dont care.
The people that are stating Gerrard was strolling round - was i watching a different game ?
He didnt have a good game, he was poor to be honest. But there is no way he was strolling.
Did anyone see the tackle he got booked for ?
The one where he won the ball but still got booked. No lack of commitment there at all.
Like Scott said, the players appear to be frustrated by their lack of form but its not that they dont care.
See how many bookings we have been getting lately ?
Thats not players that dont care.

I think its easy to say players are letting the manager down.
For me its the other way round.
The manager has let the players down this season.

I said months back that he should have gone, i dont need to call him names but he is in danger of undoing so much good work in one season.
He looks like he is at a loss to explain whats gone wrong when he gets interviewed after every poor result. Like he has lost his own self belief.
I am reading Carra's book at the moment and he talks about what a top manager Houllier was but that the last 2 seasons have tainted his image and reputation amongst our supporters.
Well i am telling you now, all you Rafa fans will be the same if we get any more of this.
The man done a top job getting us back to where we should have been in europe, but has consistently failed at home and if we dont change it soon we may end up about 7th this season.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby heimdall » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:22 am

I'm also feeling drained this morning, it's just so depressing. I always hoped we'd manage to sneak 4th, but last night was the final nail in the coffin. What I fear, and have done all season, is that it will lead to an exodus of players unless we get a new inspirational manager and injection of cash. I just can't see Nando, Stevie, Mascha, Reina etc hanging around if there isn't even the chance of playing in the Europa league. Yes I know Reina just signed a new contract but these days that means sod all. The body language of Stevie and Nando seems to get worse every single week.
heimdall

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:31 am

heimdall wrote:I'm also feeling drained this morning, it's just so depressing. I always hoped we'd manage to sneak 4th, but last night was the final nail in the coffin. What I fear, and have done all season, is that it will lead to an exodus of players unless we get a new inspirational manager and injection of cash. I just can't see Nando, Stevie, Mascha, Reina etc hanging around if there isn't even the chance of playing in the Europa league. Yes I know Reina just signed a new contract but these days that means sod all. The body language of Stevie and Nando seems to get worse every single week.

Do you know what in a funny way I don't want us to fluke fourth. It will only serve to continue to rot next season. If not qualifying for Champions League means Rafa leave then so be it. I'm thinking long term.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games