LIVERPOOL VS WIGAN ATHLETIC - 12 february 2011, ko: 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby metalhead » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:07 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
metalhead wrote:
Greavesie wrote:I think the reaction of some to this game is OTT. You'd think we'd been on some sort of shocking run, we've been class the last few gams and looked like the Liverpool of old. Yes it was disappointing not to win and watching the highlights didn't help because we could have had the game to bed at half time. Shade of offside for their goal as well so all in all luck just wasn't on our side yesterday

Walk on Redmen :)

its called people going into knee jerk reaction made mate... unbelievable, we had an off day, as soon as we have Gerrard, Carroll and Agger back into the side we will be better!

Id call some of the posts more than knee jerk , Full on body jerk there , we actualy played ok, no complaints from me , unbelievable some of the match comments  :laugh:

I meant mode than made.. pmsl :laugh:

its all doom and gloom I tell ya :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:51 pm

PabloMedina28 wrote:
alwayslfc wrote:Since KK took over, I am happy with the scorelines but I am disappointed with our style of play. This reminds me of the Houllier's era where we were very defensive and just play to winl. This is very Un-Kenny Dalglish kind of football. Hope this will change soon.

Are you Rot Hodgson or any of his loved ones?

Are just a moron?

Tone it down fella.  I don't agree with that poster either but let's keep it civil.  :)
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:46 pm

I don't think too many are ''knee-jerking'' on here, it was a dissapointing result and not much better in performance in my opinion, nowt wrong with calling it as you see it. Yes there are numerous variables as to why we didn't get the result and performance as we'd have liked but still if anyone thinks Kenny would be delighted with that need their head reading. It was an off day at the office tis all and our minnie run stalled a bit.

In Kenny I trust. :)
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloMedina28 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:35 am

only me wrote:
PabloMedina28 wrote:
alwayslfc wrote:Since KK took over, I am happy with the scorelines but I am disappointed with our style of play. This reminds me of the Houllier's era where we were very defensive and just play to winl. This is very Un-Kenny Dalglish kind of football. Hope this will change soon.

Are just a moron?

PM ...Didn't "Rot" Hodgson bring our brightest striker??? Meireles....And who the Fck died and made you this forum uber fuhrer? Let people speak their mind!

Yes Kenny is playing defensive football ,yes he is playing tactical football ,but it is working so there is nothing wrong with it. Kenny still has a limited squad of players and so far he is utilizing them in an effective manner. So Far our football is unimegenative and riskless but i guess this what we can achieve with those players.

No one died and made me anything if they have then i havent been told yet but im sorry his comments wreck of either a united/chelsea/everton supporter or he mayeb hes a glory hunter who only starting supporting us when we were dominating in the 70s and 80s and now isnt satisfied unless where playing like Barcelona and winning everything in sight. His commenst are so negative its unreal, yes some of the things he says are right and im not saying its all good at the moment but to say were playing lousy. Lousy really? come on. How can you speak so badly against Kenny after what was happening in the Roy era and how much weve improved.

Lets not kid ourselves Roy was a disaster so what he brought in Miereles, he also brought in Poulsen Konchesky Jones and Cole and got us in a relegation battle playing some of the most unattractive football most of us certainly that ive seen us playing in my 20 odd years of supporting teh club.

Evryones intitled to thier opinions and if you read this site negatively you will see that i hardly ever citicise someone unless they attack me first are spew negativity.

To be so anti everything liverpool (thats how it comes across to me)is beyond a joke.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloMedina28 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:38 am

metalhead wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
metalhead wrote:
Greavesie wrote:I think the reaction of some to this game is OTT. You'd think we'd been on some sort of shocking run, we've been class the last few gams and looked like the Liverpool of old. Yes it was disappointing not to win and watching the highlights didn't help because we could have had the game to bed at half time. Shade of offside for their goal as well so all in all luck just wasn't on our side yesterday

Walk on Redmen :)

its called people going into knee jerk reaction made mate... unbelievable, we had an off day, as soon as we have Gerrard, Carroll and Agger back into the side we will be better!

Id call some of the posts more than knee jerk , Full on body jerk there , we actualy played ok, no complaints from me , unbelievable some of the match comments  :laugh:

I meant mode than made.. pmsl :laugh:

its all doom and gloom I tell ya :laugh:

careful mate dont make any spelling errors while only me's about
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloMedina28 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:44 am

Bad Bob wrote:
PabloMedina28 wrote:

Are just a moron?

Tone it down fella.  I don't agree with that poster either but let's keep it civil.  :)

So that was you in the tree :D

Sorry mate i dont usually bring the guns out but hes so negative i swear hes a bitter

Anyway who are you to talk?  im not the one calling myself Bad Bob
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby alwayslfc » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:11 am

I'm a pool fan through and through since 1976 before many of you were born. I saw on the telly the signing of KK to replace Kevin and saw all his triumphs as a player and manager to his bomb shell resignation 20 years ago.

KK has reversed the slide and delighted to see we're slowly floating up the premier league. After the disappointing result vs Wigan, 4th spot is only mathematically possible but to achieve it will be unlikely. If you look at our position, it looks like we're just consolidating our 6th position due to the horrors of RH management and off field battles in the first half of this season. Those 2 parasites are now suing RBS and Martin for more than a billion in damages.

The kind of football we're playing now (not the scorelines) do you guys agree are too defensive and giving every opponent most of the possession and too much space esp. on the flanks. And when we're leading, we're just happy to whack the ball as far away as possible to no man's land. They're giving me the impression they're just happy to defend their lead and not urgent to score more and more goals like the LIverpool way.

I hope this kind of football is not up to KK's expectation and more is to come from the team and KK next season. Maybe you guys have been comparing our play now with RH's play which I'm sure is a great improvement but I've been comparing with the Liverpool teams of the glory days.
alwayslfc

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:40 am

alwayslfc wrote:Maybe you guys have been comparing our play now with RH's play which I'm sure is a great improvement but I've been comparing with the Liverpool teams of the glory days.

The crux of the problem right there.  What good is it comparing our current play to the glory days when we simply don't have the players or the belief (despite our recent upturn in form) to play that way?  Why use that as the benchmark to evaluate this crop of players at this time?  You'll only set yourself up for disappointment.  No, for me it's perfectly acceptable to compare how we're playing now with how we were playing under Roy and at the tail end of Rafa's tenure.  When viewed in that light, I'm pleased.  We are playing better football.  We are trying to revive the pass and move style that was the Liverpool bread and butter during the glory days.  Kenny's just getting started putting his stamp on the team and we've already sign a significant upturn in performances and results.  These are happy days as far as I'm concerned, considering the dark pit of despair we've just crawled out of.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:54 am

Ngog is 100% rubbish. would have preferred seeing Pacheco brought on instead of Ngog. absolutely useless. everything he touched turned to sh!t.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Johnny Boy » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:09 am

I was at the game and haven't read a lot of the comments on here.

Wigan deserve some credit, and they have pace and genuine width which we just don't have.
To be honest and most sat around me agreed we didn't deserve to win.

I thought many of our players were a yard short, Kuyt, Maxi and Lucas in particular, maybe international matches were partly to blame for the overall lack-lustre performance.

Suarez did well, and I am sure if Gerrard or Carroll were avalable or Meireles didn't go off we would have won.
The fact we didn't despite our recent improvement is just further proof of what we all know, we lack genuine width and pace in midfield.
They had 2 good wide players who pushed us back at times, hence Johnson and Kelly never really got forward enough.

My only criticism of Kenny is that whilst we had limited options on the bench we were crying out for something different the last 20 minutes. Pacheco had his track suit bottom off all afternoon, I lost count of the number of times he ran up the touchline and the expectancy was he would be coming on.
Personally I think it was a mistake not to use him and to bring Jovanovic on and use him on the right was also a bit strange.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby worcester_red » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:21 am

It's a disappointing result but I guess Kenny is still testing out the other players. 4th spot was always going to be one hell of an ask anyway and I guess it's now gone so tat we can focus more on securing 5/6th spot and also the Europa league, then we come out fighting next season.
We still have far to much dead wood at the club though, it needs to be a busy summer in the transfer market.
worcester_red

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:34 am

It was disappointing not to win the match but we just didn't perform to our recent levels.  But still, its now 6 PL matches unbeaten!  When is the last time thats happened?   

We all know we're not getting 4th.  The club wouldn't have signed 2 unfit strikers if they thought we were in the race.  What kenny has done is brought some respect back to the club.  Hopefully we can get a win at West Ham and then have another crack at the Mancs.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:16 pm

i think the international break took it's toll if i'm honest. we were sluggish to say the least and didn't really take the game by the scruff of the neck like i'd expect us to at home. having said that, there were a couple of lovely flashes from suarez who could have easily scored twice on another day, and that's not to mention the fact that their goal was offside.

we're still heading in the right direction now. having next weekend off could work in our favour as the players should be refreshed for when we go to west ham on the 27th which is a very winnable game.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mkingdom » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:18 pm

Jesus, we drew a game against a team who scored an off side goal, and we hit the post and the bar.  $hit happens!

At least we looked like we wanted to win the game, and not just happy to sit back and play for the draw!!

We could very easily have won that game, and all this, KK isn't the right man, reality is setting in mongers would be wacking off and claiming 4th spot already :D

In reality, we look a totally different team under KK, we are sixth (one better than were we finished last season) and playing decent football.

He hasn't got the squad he would like, but he isn't moaning about it, instead he is just getting on with it.

Football is a game of fine margins, so let's keep some perspective.
mkingdom

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:26 pm

mkingdom wrote:Jesus, we drew a game against a team who scored an off side goal, and we hit the post and the bar.  $hit happens!

At least we looked like we wanted to win the game, and not just happy to sit back and play for the draw!!

We could very easily have won that game, and all this, KK isn't the right man, reality is setting in mongers would be wacking off and claiming 4th spot already :D

In reality, we look a totally different team under KK, we are sixth (one better than were we finished last season) and playing decent football.

He hasn't got the squad he would like, but he isn't moaning about it, instead he is just getting on with it.

Football is a game of fine margins, so let's keep some perspective.

Very good post!  I too was disgusted to see one or two questioning Kenny over this result.  In fairness, it was only one or two posters but i was annoyed to see it.

This is the best run of league form i can remember since we last challenged for the title. 

He hasn't received the best of hands either.  Our star striker left and our captain has been injured and suspended.  But like you say, he hasnt complained at all.  he just gets on with it and continues to help us get our respect back.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games