WIGAN ATHLETIC VS LIVERPOOL - Wednesday 21st december 20.00pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby alwayslfc » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:42 am

Henry needs to splash out the much needed funds for KD to make the required signings in Jan. Another problem I like to point out about LFC is that our owners are not as rich as City and Chelsea. Money makes the world goes round, without it, we cannot progress at least for now.

However we have many rising stars in the youth academy and KD has recently signed quite a few teenage strikers and now enquiring about Rory Donnelly of N.Ireland. The future looks bright but for now, there's still not much light at the end of the tunnel yet. Let's see who KD will sign next month. All managers will not reveal who they will sign and so let's hope for some pleasant surprises in January. I still believe we're a team of the future because of Kenny, but this season looks unlikely we'll finish 4th, actually we don't deserve it.
alwayslfc

Postby metalhead » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:20 am

woof woof ! wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:Every other week its the same thing, we completly dominate the game and dont come away with the result, we are not good enough in front of goal and passing is to sloppy.

We've all been quite rightly bitching about our lack of goals.

Probably get battered for this but the question has to be asked, despite his undoubted skill and application, as our primary "striker" in terms of goals scored is Suarez a disappointment ?

For a start he isn't a lone striker, or a striker that chases through balls and what not. Play him deeper, let him see the ball more often, let him link up with midfield. At Ajax he used to play as a left forward or behind the striker.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:20 am

alwayslfc wrote:Henry needs to splash out the much needed funds for KD to make the required signings in Jan. Another problem I like to point out about LFC is that our owners are not as rich as City and Chelsea. Money makes the world goes round, without it, we cannot progress at least for now.

However we have many rising stars in the youth academy and KD has recently signed quite a few teenage strikers and now enquiring about Rory Donnelly of N.Ireland. The future looks bright but for now, there's still not much light at the end of the tunnel yet. Let's see who KD will sign next month. All managers will not reveal who they will sign and so let's hope for some pleasant surprises in January. I still believe we're a team of the future because of Kenny, but this season looks unlikely we'll finish 4th, actually we don't deserve it.

It's not all about having "deep pockets" ,it's about having a good scouting system (which we don't) and a healty academy system.

I still can't believe we haven't levereged the Meireles or Torres deal to get Sturridge.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:24 am

metalhead wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:Every other week its the same thing, we completly dominate the game and dont come away with the result, we are not good enough in front of goal and passing is to sloppy.

We've all been quite rightly bitching about our lack of goals.

Probably get battered for this but the question has to be asked, despite his undoubted skill and application, as our primary "striker" in terms of goals scored is Suarez a disappointment ?

For a start he isn't a lone striker, or a striker that chases through balls and what not. Play him deeper, let him see the ball more often, let him link up with midfield. At Ajax he used to play as a left forward or behind the striker.

That might be true but you can't deny he had his share of excellent chances which he failed to take...And no hitting the woodwork doesn't count as unluck in my book ,it means missing the rest of the goal.

Suarez Uruguay would have killed with the chances he gets in Liverpool ,his mindset is still not their yet.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:51 am

Dalglish wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16262537.stm

The above link asks roughly the same question in terms of cultural interpretations and local meanings of certain words but also addresses the political maneuvering going on in the world of football at present between FIFA and several national football bodies including the FA. It strikes the right balance on the matter so far.

It will be very interesting to read the FA's report on the circumstances surrounding what would appear to be a harsh penalty.

Brilliant article...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:59 am

Btw Adam and Carroll are not good enough for liverpool... Will they get into the squads of the mancs, city, Chelsea, arsenal and even tottenham? I don't think so...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:15 pm

What's all this rubbish about us not getting into the top 4. We are 2 points behind Chelsea (they have played one less than us) so we are hardly out of the running.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:28 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:What's all this rubbish about us not getting into the top 4. We are 2 points behind Chelsea (they have played one less than us) so we are hardly out of the running.

And i think they're playing Spurs tonight, so someone above us will be losing points.

We're definitly still in the running but i think the gloom is due to the Lucas injury and Suarez ban.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:43 pm

jacdaniel wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:What's all this rubbish about us not getting into the top 4. We are 2 points behind Chelsea (they have played one less than us) so we are hardly out of the running.

And i think they're playing Spurs tonight, so someone above us will be losing points.

We're definitly still in the running but i think the gloom is due to the Lucas injury and Suarez ban.

My gloom is just based upon the facts we aren't scoring goals.
Too many draws against weaker opposition.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:24 pm

mart wrote:

I didnt see the first half but i cant say we in any way dominated this game.

Impressive first 25 mins mate then Wigan woke up and we went to sleep!

Kuyt has a fantastic record from the penalty spot so why did Adam take the penalty. Who has got the better record?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:50 am

jacdaniel wrote:

and that ended a draw which suits us just fine!
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:03 pm

devaney wrote:
mart wrote:

I didnt see the first half but i cant say we in any way dominated this game.

Impressive first 25 mins mate then Wigan woke up and we went to sleep!

Kuyt has a fantastic record from the penalty spot so why did Adam take the penalty. Who has got the better record?

The fact that before the wigan game kuyt and Adam had both taken 1 penalty this season Adam scored and kuyt missed

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Aussie Style » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:06 am

Hoping to see Sterling on the bench.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games