LIVERPOOL V WIGAN ATHLETIC 24-3-2012

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby supersub » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:36 pm

Well that was tough to watch.....
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby alwayslfc » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:34 am

I have a suspicion the real reason behind all this mess of lethargic football, relegation kind of performance could be because behind the scenes, there is a serious rift between the players and the manager. They are not singing the same hymn and the players are playing ***** football to try to get rid of KD. This is a real possibility. So the outcome for Liverpool now is either Kenny stays and the majority of the current first team stays OR vice versa.
alwayslfc

Postby alwayslfc » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:36 am

I apologise, a typing error here, I meant the outcome either Kenny stays and the majority of first team leaves or vice versa.
alwayslfc

Postby eds » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:18 am

alwayslfc » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:34 am wrote:I have a suspicion the real reason behind all this mess of lethargic football, relegation kind of performance could be because behind the scenes, there is a serious rift between the players and the manager. They are not singing the same hymn and the players are playing ***** football to try to get rid of KD. This is a real possibility. So the outcome for Liverpool now is either Kenny stays and the majority of the current first team stays OR vice versa.

That was what I was thinking as well.

BUT

You have to think that if a new manager came in, he would be making wholesale changes to the starting XI ANYWAY!

I honestly expect to see a number of changes taking place over the summer now after the shambles we have seen over the last few weeks. I really want someone like AVB (not him exactly but someone young full of ideas and a grasp of continental football) to come in and start re-building this mess. We need to get rid of Adam, Downing, Carroll, Maxi and Kuyt. Carragher I have loved him for so long, but HE has to retire for the good of the club. Gerrard needs to be eased out of playing in and out every week, as injuries are catching up with him AND we need to get the best out of his remaining years. Lucas will be back next season but Spearing just isn't good enough to play for us. Coates, Enrique, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Bellamy and Suarez are pretty much the only decent players we have while we develop Sterling, Henderson, Kelly, Shelvey and the other younger guys.

We need to spend money WISELY no more "moneyball" bulls**t, no more English local overpriced garbage, no more spending ridiculous amounts on players "to come good". We need a solid manager now, who will have the toughest job in the world to re-build the greatest club in the world with the greatest fans IN THE WORLD. Enough is enough, we have been waiting over 20 years for real success, it is time the owners sit down and figure out how all these pieces are going to come together at the end of the season. If their priorities are somewhere else then we should be telling them to leave as well............................
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:56 am

Is this real or fake?
Some ***** Manc fan uploaded this onto my Facebook after we lost to QPR.
Airasia sponsors QPR for those who don't know.

maypaxvobiscum

Postby Doeboy » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:43 am

Totally unacceptable the way we capitulated at QPR and now this loss at home has done it for me. Love Kenny and always will but he needs to step aside in the summer. His made some poor decisions in the transfer market and its come back to haunt us. Absolutely gutted
Doeboy

Postby Reg » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:34 pm

Its becoming a bit monotonous this isn't it?

The lads seem to have lost the plot.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:28 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:56 am wrote:Is this real or fake?
Some ***** Manc fan uploaded this onto my Facebook after we lost to QPR.
Airasia sponsors QPR for those who don't know.

It's fake mate, and a poor job too. You can see some white hazing around the text too.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:27 am

eds » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:18 am wrote:
alwayslfc » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:34 am wrote:I have a suspicion the real reason behind all this mess of lethargic football, relegation kind of performance could be because behind the scenes, there is a serious rift between the players and the manager. They are not singing the same hymn and the players are playing ***** football to try to get rid of KD. This is a real possibility. So the outcome for Liverpool now is either Kenny stays and the majority of the current first team stays OR vice versa.

That was what I was thinking as well.

BUT

You have to think that if a new manager came in, he would be making wholesale changes to the starting XI ANYWAY!

I honestly expect to see a number of changes taking place over the summer now after the shambles we have seen over the last few weeks. I really want someone like AVB (not him exactly but someone young full of ideas and a grasp of continental football) to come in and start re-building this mess. We need to get rid of Adam, Downing, Carroll, Maxi and Kuyt. Carragher I have loved him for so long, but HE has to retire for the good of the club. Gerrard needs to be eased out of playing in and out every week, as injuries are catching up with him AND we need to get the best out of his remaining years. Lucas will be back next season but Spearing just isn't good enough to play for us. Coates, Enrique, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Bellamy and Suarez are pretty much the only decent players we have while we develop Sterling, Henderson, Kelly, Shelvey and the other younger guys.

We need to spend money WISELY no more "moneyball" bulls**t, no more English local overpriced garbage, no more spending ridiculous amounts on players "to come good". We need a solid manager now, who will have the toughest job in the world to re-build the greatest club in the world with the greatest fans IN THE WORLD. Enough is enough, we have been waiting over 20 years for real success, it is time the owners sit down and figure out how all these pieces are going to come together at the end of the season. If their priorities are somewhere else then we should be telling them to leave as well............................

Well said there mate, I agree. My greatest fear for Kenny since he came back has come true ie he made a mess. Dear oh dear, all the Hodgson nightmares are coming back to haunt us again and I hope we will never to see this again after this season, never ever!!! Period.

Now with benefit of hindsight, Kenny actually did fulfill what he came here for ie steer the ship as far away from relegation zone as possible which he did last season and he did us proud by beating the likes of United, Chelsea, City along the way. But this season has shown he has overstayed his grand welcome and he is no longer as good as the Kenny who managed us in the late 80s. Maybe he's getting old, football has changed,  out of touch after 10 yrs away from management, dud British signings last summer,  etc etc. And this makes me devastated as I had hoped he would repeat the successes of his first spell here again but by the look of things, it is not to be. And if the board is to give him one more season, it will most likely be another nightmare season. Like one of you said, he's turning Liverpool into the Newcastle he managed just before he was sacked.

I hate to see our legend being ridiculed and criticised by the press and growing number of our fans, like all of you, I love Kenny. I am of the opinion that he should step down after May to avoid anymore deterioration of the club and his legendary status and the possible departures of the star names we may have. It will be interesting to see whether JHenry can do a Boston Red Sox here at Liverpool and what his next moves will be. If he cannot, he should do the honourable thing and sell us to an oil rich multi trillionaire tycoon who will do a Man City here.
alwayslfc

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:04 am

we'll be hard pushed to find anyone with as much passion for the club.  I Love it when we score and he jumps around cheering.  :buttrock
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:03 pm

Kenny won't go and he shouldn't do either. He has made bad signings in Adam and maybe downing but ferguson did with berbatov and wenger with arshavin.

We have 6 players id say are one of the best in the premier league in their position in Reina Skrtle Enrique lucas Gerrard and Suarez. If we could get a decent winger pacey like pedro off Barcelona then we would be playing much better.

Our problem is teams find it too easy to defend against us and when we haven't got a natural goal scorer we need to look to exploit them other ways

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:21 pm

RichardLFC1 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:03 am wrote:Kenny won't go and he shouldn't do either. He has made bad signings in Adam and maybe downing but ferguson did with berbatov and wenger with arshavin.

We have 6 players id say are one of the best in the premier league in their position in Reina Skrtle Enrique lucas Gerrard and Suarez. If we could get a decent winger pacey like pedro off Barcelona then we would be playing much better.

Our problem is teams find it too easy to defend against us and when we haven't got a natural goal scorer we need to look to exploit them other ways

spot on. All this talk of Kenny leaving or getting sacked is stupid. We need to address the problem areas not sack the manager.  :buttrock
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:29 pm

Kenny is one who is stubborn and is too accomodating to the players he signed. By his action, I can see that he's trying to justify his bad summer signings and hoping they would come out good. And those duds that he signed will NEVER come out good. He once said he said Carroll for 5 years not 1 year. That is all well and fine if he had signed him for less than 3 million. But to say that for a 35 million pound player who smashed the record for a British player is a JOKE and an insult to our intelligence. Come on, a 35 million striker should be in the calibre of Torres, Owen, Fowler right away. I put the signing of Carroll to be one of the major reasons for the dismal performance in the league. We need to get rid of Adam, Downing, Spearing and Henderson as well.

If FSG are not going to provide any new funds to buy much much much better replacements for those clowns that I mentioned this summer, they do not deserve to be Liverpool's owners either. Like Hicks and Gillet, they should GET OUT OF OUR CLUB AND ARE NOT WELCOME HERE except this time it's for a different reason.  If the on pitch performance for the remaining 8 games are just as miserable as the last 2, Kenny must also do the honourable thing and sack himself if FSG is not going to do it.
alwayslfc

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:43 pm

alwayslfc » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:29 pm wrote:Kenny is one who is stubborn and is too accomodating to the players he signed. By his action, I can see that he's trying to justify his bad summer signings and hoping they would come out good. And those duds that he signed will NEVER come out good. He once said he said Carroll for 5 years not 1 year. That is all well and fine if he had signed him for less than 3 million. But to say that for a 35 million pound player who smashed the record for a British player is a JOKE and an insult to our intelligence. Come on, a 35 million striker should be in the calibre of Torres, Owen, Fowler right away. I put the signing of Carroll to be one of the major reasons for the dismal performance in the league. We need to get rid of Adam, Downing, Spearing and Henderson as well.

If FSG are not going to provide any new funds to buy much much much better replacements for those clowns that I mentioned this summer, they do not deserve to be Liverpool's owners either. Like Hicks and Gillet, they should GET OUT OF OUR CLUB AND ARE NOT WELCOME HERE except this time it's for a different reason.  If the on pitch performance for the remaining 8 games are just as miserable as the last 2, Kenny must also do the honourable thing and sack himself if FSG is not going to do it.

How much of a chance has Carroll actually had? Henderson and spearing are still young and can improve. Henderson is essentially playing out of his preferred position and spearing well look at Lucas he was ***** for a couple of years now he is arguably the reason were doing so poor

Downing has potential however we haven't got the time. Adam shouldn't play for Liverpool again

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games