PORTSMOUTH VS LIVERPOOL - Saturday 19th december 2009

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Bobby Davro » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:38 pm

J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:im as :censored: off with todays result and team selection as most on here, but how many teams go a goal down then get reduced to 10 ten and go on to win the game.

The manager has alot to answer for but he didnt get us a player sent off.

Thats wrong because when a manager loses the players trust the first thing I see that goes wrong is they lose focus and discipline and that was what it was like all over the pitch today.

Just happens that masch main job is to tackle and if he gets that very wrong reds cards are normaly what happens.

but there was many other players who lost their discipline today masch wasn't the other one.
Bobby Davro

Postby tubby » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:42 pm

Greavesie wrote:
bavlondon wrote:You could hear it in his voice he was welling up. I really want him to be the manager to left the league with us but I think maybe we have gone as far as we can under him. Could another manager do better with the same team? Who knows but now it looks like the players are not giving 100%.

to be honest Bav I honestly reckon a different manager wouldn't have Dossena, Lucas, Voronin and only one decent striker. Add to that the fact someone else could sort our little defensive woes as well. The team is currently littered with issues on the pitch its not even funny anymore

You know what the sad thing is. If we had spent as we should have in the summer: ie buying another established striker and 1/2 others, the league would have been there for the taking this year. Today will be utds 5th defeat and it's not even xmas yet.

:censored: shame this season is.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby THEBARON » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:42 pm

roberto green wrote:I think it would be unfair to mention him in the same breath as Houllier given what he has done for us and if he did leave he would leave us with a lot better players than houllier did.

However I do believe at long last that he has took us as far as he can.Give Kenny the job to the end of the season

by the way 3-0 to fulham

:D

A valid point..

But are Dossena, Degen , Voronin , Lucas , Kuyt , Insua , Babel and Kyrgiakos

Really that much better than - Traore , Diao , Diouf , Biscan , Cheyrou and Baros ?
THEBARON

Postby shanklygates » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:44 pm

i thought biscan was ok:)
shanklygates

Postby Greavesie » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:44 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Greavesie wrote:
bavlondon wrote:You could hear it in his voice he was welling up. I really want him to be the manager to left the league with us but I think maybe we have gone as far as we can under him. Could another manager do better with the same team? Who knows but now it looks like the players are not giving 100%.

to be honest Bav I honestly reckon a different manager wouldn't have Dossena, Lucas, Voronin and only one decent striker. Add to that the fact someone else could sort our little defensive woes as well. The team is currently littered with issues on the pitch its not even funny anymore

You know what the sad thing is. If we had spent as we should have in the summer: ie buying another established striker and 1/2 others, the league would have been there for the taking this year. Today will be utds 5th defeat and it's not even xmas yet.

:censored: shame this season is.

I was just thinking that Bav, even the home draws we had last season would have been fine I think. The scum, Chavs and Arsenal are gonna drop loads of points over the season. It's all ifs and buts mate but for me the buck stops with Rafa now
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby THEBARON » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:46 pm

Well arguably we saw the best of Biscan after Houllier left - I agree that he was ok in midfield in his last season under Rafa , including some good displays in Europe
THEBARON

Postby roberto green » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:46 pm

shanklygates wrote:
roberto green wrote:I think it would be unfair to mention him in the same breath as Houllier given what he has done for us and if he did leave he would leave us with a lot better players than houllier did.

However I do believe at long last that he has took us as far as he can.Give Kenny the job to the end of the season

by the way 3-0 to fulham

oh dear, roberto first off we won 8 cups under Gh, and when we won the CL it was GH's team, also, when Gh took over we had the worst defence in europe, he turned it into the best, Gh finished 2nd with a points total that any other prem season up till that point would have won it, he also won a treble, my point is Gh deserves a lot of credit for putting liverpool back on the map.

Gh made bad signing but he also made some great ones, jerzy dudek, sami hyppia, stephane henchoz, and he also brought stevie into the team.

as for king kenny stop letting your heart rule your head he has been out the game management wise for over 10 years.

Yeah 8 cups mostly consisting of league cups and super league cups and charity shields no doubt thrown in there.I have respect for what Houliier did initially but he bought some of the worst players to ever put our shirt on and stuck with them.Wouldn't exactly call Jerzy Dudek "A Great signing" his only one I would give you is Sami.

All I said was if Benitez left us he would leave us with a much better team than Houllier did.As for kenny, I only said to the end of the season as he would come in fresh and no doubt pick the players up.
roberto green

Postby THEBARON » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:51 pm

Houllier's transfer record certainly had some :censored: signings..

But Hyypia , Henchoz , Hamann , McAllister and Finnan were all good signings in my view
THEBARON

Postby roberto green » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:53 pm

THEBARON wrote:

by the way 3-0 to fulham

A valid point..

But are Dossena, Degen , Voronin , Lucas , Kuyt , Insua , Babel and Kyrgiakos

Really that much better than - Traore , Diao , Diouf , Biscan , Cheyrou and Baros ?

I think that's a bit unfair on Insua, he has had a bad time of late but he is playing in a team with no cofidence at the mo, he is only young and a lot of potential, I agree with your Dossena, Degen , Voronin , Lucas but not Kuyt as he has largly been sucessful.

Still nothing on houlliers players imo
roberto green

Postby shanklygates » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:53 pm

roberto green wrote:
shanklygates wrote:

by the way 3-0 to fulham

oh dear, roberto first off we won 8 cups under Gh, and when we won the CL it was GH's team, also, when Gh took over we had the worst defence in europe, he turned it into the best, Gh finished 2nd with a points total that any other prem season up till that point would have won it, he also won a treble, my point is Gh deserves a lot of credit for putting liverpool back on the map.

Gh made bad signing but he also made some great ones, jerzy dudek, sami hyppia, stephane henchoz, and he also brought stevie into the team.

as for king kenny stop letting your heart rule your head he has been out the game management wise for over 10 years.

Yeah 8 cups mostly consisting of league cups and super league cups and charity shields no doubt thrown in there.I have respect for what Houliier did initially but he bought some of the worst players to ever put our shirt on and stuck with them.Wouldn't exactly call Jerzy Dudek "A Great signing" his only one I would give you is Sami.

All I said was if Benitez left us he would leave us with a much better team than Houllier did.As for kenny, I only said to the end of the season as he would come in fresh and no doubt pick the players up.

again roberto i disagree.

Gh was in the eufa and he won it, he won every cup he could except league, the super cup is also a good cup to win cos it meant we beat the REAL european champions.
as for dudek he was brilliant in his first season, and without him rafa wouldnt have won the european cup either.
you say Gh signed some of the worst players we have ever had, have you not remembered some of rafa;s

kromkamp
josemi
pellegrino was dreadful
nunez is probably on a par with sean dundee as the worst ever
then you have voronin, so rafa hasnt exactly made the best signings either
shanklygates

Postby tubby » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:53 pm

THEBARON wrote:Houllier's transfer record certainly had some :censored: signings..

But Hyypia , Henchoz , Hamann , McAllister and Finnan were all good signings in my view

So are Torres, Mascherano, Reina and Benayoun mate.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:54 pm

I'd take Hyypia back in a heartbeat. McAllister back for Lee, and possibly even Rafa. The man in a model pro.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby THEBARON » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:02 pm

bavlondon wrote:
THEBARON wrote:Houllier's transfer record certainly had some :censored: signings..

So are Torres, Mascherano, Reina and Benayoun mate.

I agree that they have been great signings.
The point I was trying to make is that not all of Houllier's signings were bad.
Torres , Reina , Mascherano and Benayoun are examples of great judgement...
Dossena , Degen , Babel , Keane , Pelegrino , Nunez ,Josemi , Kromkamp , Morientez , Pennant , Parletta and Voronin are not
THEBARON

Postby roberto green » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:08 pm

shanklygates wrote:
roberto green wrote:
shanklygates wrote:

by the way 3-0 to fulham

again roberto i disagree.

Gh was in the eufa and he won it, he won every cup he could except league, the super cup is also a good cup to win cos it meant we beat the REAL european champions.
as for dudek he was brilliant in his first season, and without him rafa wouldnt have won the european cup either.
you say Gh signed some of the worst players we have ever had, have you not remembered some of rafa;s

kromkamp
josemi
pellegrino was dreadful
nunez is probably on a par with sean dundee as the worst ever
then you have voronin, so rafa hasnt exactly made the best signings either

At least Benitez was quick to move most of these flops on where as Houliier stuck with them
roberto green

Postby shanklygates » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:09 pm

them 'flops' won 8 trophies this bunch of 'flops' wont win another trophy
shanklygates

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games