PORTSMOUTH VS LIVERPOOL - Saturday 19th december 2009

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ciggy » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:05 pm

Redman in wales wrote:Todays midfield selection was shocking.

No creativity what so ever

Its been like that all season mate and not replacing Alonso immediatly may have cost Rafa his job because of all the points we have dropped by not replacing Xabi.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:06 pm

A bit of consolation Man U are getting beat 2-0 by fulham.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby made in UK » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:06 pm

Greavesie wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Anyone heard Rafa's post match conference or comments? He kept saying the ref was perfect, obviously being sarcastic like but still a lot of the writers think he just made a fool of himself.

I think the guaranteeing of fourth place made him look stupid to be honest mate

I think he has become more desperate than Houllier, and the Frenchman took an awful lot of stick for that, till this day even.
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby zardd » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:10 pm

I rather Rafa concentrate on his team, then always hoping for others to follow his team same losing fate....how in the hell will we climb up the table if we keep losing and also hoping others to lose. Do we move up the table like that? ???
zardd

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:11 pm

Greavesie wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Anyone heard Rafa's post match conference or comments? He kept saying the ref was perfect, obviously being sarcastic like but still a lot of the writers think he just made a fool of himself.

I think the guaranteeing of fourth place made him look stupid to be honest mate

Reminds me of the stupid, idiotic mind games he tried to get involved in last year with Ferguson and came off second best. Now this season he's trying the same cack "We will definitely finish in the Top 4"..
Wise up mate, last year you ended up looking like a fool. You lost arguably the best player we had. This year. we'll lose Masch AND I doubt for one minute we'll finish in the Top 4
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Greavesie » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:13 pm

Ciggy wrote:A bit of consolation Man U are getting beat 2-0 by fulham.

I want their little defensive crisis to last forever, it's actually entertaining to watch them these days  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby devaney » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:16 pm

roberto green wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:
roberto green wrote:
yellsub66 wrote:I am a complete newbie on here but have been following the Reds since the 1970's and have been checking out this forum for 3+ years. I just felt compelled to post after the latest display! I have just watched the game and it was embarrassing. How can this be virtually the same team that took apart Aston Villa 5-0 last season.
Absolutely no fight or desire from the players. They looked clueless and devoid of confidence! Playing with ten men is tough, but we never looked like a team that believed they could get back into the game. Rafa has to take some of the blame for starting with Dossena and Lucas, but alot of it is down to the players. Agger, Johnson and Kuyt all had shockers and Gerrard and Carragher look completely disillusioned. As much as I like Rafa (because from his media profile he seems like a decent genuine guy) I think he now has to go. Sad, sad day for our wonderful club :(  :(  :(

Welcome and sorry it could not be in better circumstances.You mentioned Gerrard and Carra and looking at them it looks like they have given up on the team and Rafa.I have been a supporter of Rafa for a long long time but have now changed my mind.There is only so much you can blame on the owners, at the end of the day they don't pick the players and tactics and play the negative football.

Hear Hear..
What a sham of a club we have become....I can't even begin to think how these guys can look themselves in the mirror, in the week that is in it, with the history of this club staring them in the face the minute they drive their plush cars into the stadium, the passion and devotion of the fans, and then put in performances like they have this season. It just cannot be explained. They are an embarrassment to this wonderful club. We are the laughing stock of both the Premier League and probably Europe...
Enjoy THAT thought, lads, when you ease back into the luxury seats back to Liverpool....

As punishment they shoud be forced to walk back to Liverpool in the snow in nothing but there boxies

Should that read Armani boxies? Ffs !!  I have been criticised for having ago at our thoroughly useless manager. The body language on the pitch today was awful. Benitez is incapable of motivation. The players have started to look as disinterested as Benitez does when we score a goal. Poker face my fkg a.rse !!!! He is currently one of the most overpaid managers in football. Blame the owners if you really want to but you would be deluded. Benitez has failed miserably in the transfer market so who actually believes that if he had been given another £200m that he would have bought the right players and secondly actually got them playing together? He is on a par with Hughes - absolutely fkg useless !!!!!!!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby DaMo » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:17 pm

I've been an observer on here for a while, but I felt a burgeoning need to post. Just when it seemed as though this season couldn't get any worse, we've now hit rock bottom, if you'll pardon the pun. Rafa's departure is looking increasingly likely, a fact that even the most diehard Rafa support can't deny, but I don't see how this can be embraced even if you're strongly leaning toward the anti. Regardless of how you may rate and debate Rafa's achievements during his tenure here, I can't comprehend how anyone can assume that a new manager will be the instant cure for all that's wrong with LFC right now. Furthermore, I fail to see how anyone can have a shred of optimism for the new appointment when it happens. Do you think Jurgen Klinsmann would be up to the task? How about someone from the MLS? If Rafa walks or is sacked, I dread to think who'll end up being brought in. On the balance of probability, things may get a lot worse before they get better, if indeed they do anytime soon. I'm sure I can't be the only one who perceives that as a terrifying prospect.

FYI: Before I get branded as a "Rafa lover" or anything else, I suppose I should say that I don't believe Rafa is capable of winning the league. I suspect having that opinion puts me in the "anti" group by default. Honestly, I think it's sad that everyone has to be from a certain camp. Can't there just be one LFC fans camp? :D I don't understand you lot on here when you're at each other's throats. Anyway, I shall :censored: off back to anonymity now.
Last edited by DaMo on Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaMo

Postby tubby » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:25 pm

You could hear it in his voice he was welling up. I really want him to be the manager to left the league with us but I think maybe we have gone as far as we can under him. Could another manager do better with the same team? Who knows but now it looks like the players are not giving 100%.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:28 pm

bavlondon wrote:You could hear it in his voice he was welling up. I really want him to be the manager to left the league with us but I think maybe we have gone as far as we can under him. Could another manager do better with the same team? Who knows but now it looks like the players are not giving 100%.

to be honest Bav I honestly reckon a different manager wouldn't have Dossena, Lucas, Voronin and only one decent striker. Add to that the fact someone else could sort our little defensive woes as well. The team is currently littered with issues on the pitch its not even funny anymore
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby roberto green » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:31 pm

I think it would be unfair to mention him in the same breath as Houllier given what he has done for us and if he did leave he would leave us with a lot better players than houllier did.

However I do believe at long last that he has took us as far as he can.Give Kenny the job to the end of the season

by the way 3-0 to fulham

:D
roberto green

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:33 pm

im as :censored: off with todays result and team selection as most on here, but how many teams go a goal down then get reduced to 10 ten and go on to win the game.

The manager has alot to answer for but he didnt get us a player sent off.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby roberto green » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:37 pm

J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:im as :censored: off with todays result and team selection as most on here, but how many teams go a goal down then get reduced to 10 ten and go on to win the game.

The manager has alot to answer for but he didnt get us a player sent off.

He did however pick Dossena on the right side of mid and did choose to pick a negative team against the botom of the league side and his continued love of a the worst Brazilian ever to kick a ball.
roberto green

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:37 pm

DaMo wrote:I've been an observer on here for a while, but I felt a burgeoning need to post. Just when it seemed as though this season couldn't get any worse, we've now hit rock bottom, if you'll pardon the pun. Rafa's departure is looking increasingly likely, a fact that even the most diehard Rafa support can't deny, but I don't see how this can be embraced even if you're strongly leaning toward the anti. Regardless of how you may rate and debate Rafa's achievements during his tenure here, I can't comprehend how anyone can assume that a new manager will be the instant cure for all that's wrong with LFC right now. Furthermore, I fail to see how anyone can have a shred of optimism for the new appointment when it happens. Do you think Jurgen Klinsmann would be up to the task? How about someone from the MLS? If Rafa walks or is sacked, I dread to think who'll end up being brought in. On the balance of probability, things may get a lot worse before they get better, if indeed they do anytime soon. I'm sure I can't be the only one who perceives that as a terrifying prospect.

FYI: Before I get branded as a "Rafa lover" or anything else, I suppose I should say that I don't believe Rafa is capable of winning the league. I suspect having that opinion puts me in the "anti" group by default. Honestly, I think it's sad that everyone has to be from a certain camp. Can't there just be one LFC fans camp? :D I don't understand you lot on here when you're at each other's throats. Anyway, I shall :censored: off back to anonymity now.

Eloquently put. I echo your sentiments mate....

It's sad to say that today I actually am getting more comfort out of the fact that the Scum are losing 3-0 to Fulham than my own team's performance....What a sad day this is....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby shanklygates » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:38 pm

roberto green wrote:I think it would be unfair to mention him in the same breath as Houllier given what he has done for us and if he did leave he would leave us with a lot better players than houllier did.

However I do believe at long last that he has took us as far as he can.Give Kenny the job to the end of the season

by the way 3-0 to fulham

:D

oh dear, roberto first off we won 8 cups under Gh, and when we won the CL it was GH's team, also, when Gh took over we had the worst defence in europe, he turned it into the best, Gh finished 2nd with a points total that any other prem season up till that point would have won it, he also won a treble, my point is Gh deserves a lot of credit for putting liverpool back on the map.

Gh made bad signing but he also made some great ones, jerzy dudek, sami hyppia, stephane henchoz, and he also brought stevie into the team.

as for king kenny stop letting your heart rule your head he has been out the game management wise for over 10 years.
shanklygates

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games