NEWCASTLE UNITED VS LIVERPOOL - Saturday 11th december 17.30pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby dundreamin » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:31 pm

I.ve written this season off.because if anybody thinks it's going to improve are seriously deluded
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:31 pm

akumaface wrote:And some news regarding the Boston Red Sox, they had shell out USD 300 million on 2 players. I guess there won't be any money left for us come Jan...

No they haven't.  They have signed two players to long term (one is 7 years the other I think 9 years) contracts worth about $300 million.  Remember no transfer fees.  When you see these #'s that money is not an immediate cash outlay.  It's about $40 million in the first year between the two players.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:32 pm

Didnt the guy who signed today have a Liverpool FC tie on him or something like that?
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rockthekop » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:48 pm

Skrtel is/was never a good defender.  We have too many substandard players, Skrtel, Kuyt, Maxi, Kochesky are squad players at best amongst others...that's our problem.
Rockthekop

Postby parchpea » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:21 pm

We have no way forward with this group of players that now is surely very clear indeed. There is a hell of a rebuilding job to be done, and money to be invested, a long road unfortuantely but thats the crux of it. Theres no excuses left for some, or second chances for others, and tonight even our star man was frankly shambolic, no guts, no graft a prima donna all the way and that is very dissapointing and furthermore unacceptable.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:49 pm

Dundalk wrote:Didnt the guy who signed today have a Liverpool FC tie on him or something like that?

LINK
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:49 pm

burjennio wrote:Everyone is basically saying what you just said

I was listening to the sky phone in show there (I was looking for La Liga and got sidetracked) and a few people had the knives out for Lucas and N'Gog, "the usual suspects" but Andy G was right to mention Kuyt again, he may have scored but he got lucky with it and apart from that he was dreadful. Last half dozen matches for our grafting Dutchman have been worrying.[/quote]
only the last 6 matches :D.
kuyt is limited and inconsistent.was brutal today,got the goal but had 2 serious pieces of luck to get it in,looked tired sluggish and overplayed imo.
him and maxi should have been replaced at 1.1 with fresher options on the wings like cole and jova.that way we had more chance of making an impact and at 1.1 we could have won it.
anyway on kuyt,he would be a much better as a squad player who starts the odd game and gets the rest from the bench.that way i think we would see a much improved player on the pitch and in front of goal.
today for me we just werent good enough,no creativity,desire or hunger for it.far too many players not giving 100%.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:15 am

OK my five cents worth.

We were terrrible in defense today, albeit the first goal was a country mile offside, once again the clown of linesman missing something he SHOULD have picked up.

Skrtel just is not good enough at the back, the big Greek did OK but we expect more at this club.

We clearly deserved a penalty in the 1st half on a blatent handball after Torres' freekick.

Lucas and Meireles once again like a yo-yo up and down performances all season long.

Apperently we have an Argie Bargie "winger" in our side goes by the name of Maxi Rodriguez, can someone please tell me when and where he was last spotted as I failed to see him throughout the whole match?

Ngog was OK, should a few glimpses of tricks and did well holding things up, Babel huffed and puffed but couldn't blow the Newcastle house in.

Which leads me to today's main rant. What the f**k is going on with Fernando Torres? I know most of you see him as untouchable on here, but blow me down he was f**kin cactus s**t today, missed a clearly opportunity, did not make any runs on the ball, was as slow as a snail and just gave the impression (yet again!) that he can't be a**ed. His body language is all out of sorts and the question needs to be asked, does he want to stay at Liverpool? If not sell him back to Spain or Italy for a s**t load and use the funds to rebuild this very average side.

The sad thing, yet again, is that we missed another opportunity to bury a side that was average at best. We really should have put the studs in between the 45min - 60min mark where we had chance after chance. I agree with the forumites saying we have a large rebuilding job, I think half to three quarters of our squad should be sold off, they just aren't good enough.

Captain Fantastic is back next week, lets hope he sends Fernando a rocket up his fadge, because we really need to get on our bike now or we will have our worst finish in a LONG LONG time.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:26 am

Liverpool were woeful earlier ...there can be no other description Newcastle were there for the taking 2 decent pacey wingers would have opened them up completely allowing the strikers to slice through them like butter ....that said there was absolutely no desire in our play and albeit from Johnson the defence had more holes than a colander, Konchesky's defending to allow Nolan in on goal was shameful ....dire times ahead of us if this is the best protection we can offer Reina
I won't comment on the managers contributions because at certain times in the game the introduction of a pacey substitute would have paid dividends ...this is if I'm not mistaken  something a manager is meant to do at key stages of the game ....its baffling to me personally how he can justify leaving a player like Aurelio on the bench and stick with Konchesky ....as for Skrtel he was so off form it will be  embarrassing to watch for the Lad ...I think its time to give Kelly a chance to play CB the kid plays his best game in the middle of defence ....
Turning point for me has to be the withdrawal of Ngog through injury ,Babel his replacement just didn't keep possession and offered  less than nothing as a sub ....7 losses now and that is just nowhere near good enough for a club with aspirations of finishing in the European places
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:28 am

Pathetic, truly pathetic....
New manager, new players.....what the phuck must Hr. Henry be thinking, eh ? "What have I got myself into ?"
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redhayesy » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:57 am

eds wrote:OK my five cents worth.

We were terrrible in defense today, albeit the first goal was a country mile offside, once again the clown of linesman missing something he SHOULD have picked up.

Skrtel just is not good enough at the back, the big Greek did OK but we expect more at this club.

We clearly deserved a penalty in the 1st half on a blatent handball after Torres' freekick.

Lucas and Meireles once again like a yo-yo up and down performances all season long.

Apperently we have an Argie Bargie "winger" in our side goes by the name of Maxi Rodriguez, can someone please tell me when and where he was last spotted as I failed to see him throughout the whole match?

Ngog was OK, should a few glimpses of tricks and did well holding things up, Babel huffed and puffed but couldn't blow the Newcastle house in.

Which leads me to today's main rant. What the f**k is going on with Fernando Torres? I know most of you see him as untouchable on here, but blow me down he was f**kin cactus s**t today, missed a clearly opportunity, did not make any runs on the ball, was as slow as a snail and just gave the impression (yet again!) that he can't be a**ed. His body language is all out of sorts and the question needs to be asked, does he want to stay at Liverpool? If not sell him back to Spain or Italy for a s**t load and use the funds to rebuild this very average side.

The sad thing, yet again, is that we missed another opportunity to bury a side that was average at best. We really should have put the studs in between the 45min - 60min mark where we had chance after chance. I agree with the forumites saying we have a large rebuilding job, I think half to three quarters of our squad should be sold off, they just aren't good enough.

Captain Fantastic is back next week, lets hope he sends Fernando a rocket up his fadge, because we really need to get on our bike now or we will have our worst finish in a LONG LONG time.

some good points you make mate,yes the team were :censored: in defence today-but the fecking non-exsistant midfield didn't help them either!

lets just say it as it is please poeple- that result fecking sucks!

we don't start well,get ourselves back into the game & then play so negitive- why? -for me don't lay all the blame on our defence,we should have gone for the gunular-& fecking won in style. all this bu11sh1t about players stepping up to the mark,was exposed big time today.

untill consistancy is achieved, the whole team needs to be questioned as well as the manager.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:42 am

In most respect I don't think Hodgson did anything wrong, in hindsight we could have put Johnson and Babel on the wings as they would have seared through their s**tty slow flanks.

As identified today, our defense lost it for us today, Skrtel and Konschesky keep getting chance after chance to impress but just keep showing they are NOT good enough.

Also if Torres had buried that sitter at 2-1 up it could have opened the floodgates with a thirty-something Sol Campbell trying to keep up.

Disappointing in the end as they were there for the taking, just like Villa and West Ham...........................inconsistency!
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby rocky29 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:33 am

i said from the start of season we should of sold him. I said he knows exactly how much power hes got. I said drop him make him earn his place. But all i got was bollox hes just low on confidence or his not getting the service.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:50 am

You'll get your wish rocky, because Torres will not be here next season for sure.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:00 am

bunglemark2 wrote:Pathetic, truly pathetic....
New manager, new players.....what the phuck must Hr. Henry be thinking, eh ? "What have I got myself into ?"

I'm sure it will get better.  Sometimes it just takes some tweaks here and there for the team to get on the right track.  I remember thinking that we needed a complete squad overhaul in 2007/08 season when we got our :censored: kicked by Man U.  But next season after making just a few changes we did a double over them and Chelsea.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games