LIVERPOOL V. STOKE CITY - Wednesday 19th august 2009: 20:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redhayesy » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:43 pm

kopite_1232002 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:Johnson MOTM.

agreed got a gem there

Im gonna kill myself now but lucas had a very good game

brilliant perforance mate,great result but i wouldn't go as far as to say Lucas had a very good game. neither did mahsa which i'm totally sure will will improve as the season goes on.

please beleive me when i say that i really want Lucas to play with the confidence Raffa has shown in him,but still say in really difficult games especially away from home,he just doesnt inspire me he is up for the job. ie- tonight he didn't know weather to go foward or stay back an try to play the defensive role in middfield etc. his lack of vision an trying to make an impact in the game will always be his down fall.

aside from that fecking made up with the result, we made a great start an for me hopefully puts the results of last season behind us. we needed to batter stoke tonight an done it so brilliant result.

does anyone else agree with me also yossi was brilliant tonight an deserved a goal. he really has shown such great attitude,also desire to provide chances & create them for himself that i'm made up Raffa chose him ahead of babel tonight- he said  it all for me! if babel  wants to even make a challenge for a first team place he need look no futher than yossi.

one final point about tonights's game concerning Lucas- when set up a treat early on in the game i was on the edge of my seat begging him to score -alas he hit it straight at the keeper.

apart from that i stil say he is out of his depth,but will enjoy the alround performance an result tonight!

the fanta is flowing  :D
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:48 pm

bavlondon wrote:Can't we have 1 match day where someone is not called a :censored:. :laugh:

lol on here? no chance
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:48 pm

Happy for NGog to get a goal too. If he can keep coming on and getting odd goals here and there it will do his confidence a world of good. Although id like to see him get more of the ball with his feet too like his goal against PSV.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:49 pm

not to be one to jump on a bandwagon but Glen Johnson looks f*ckiing immense.

Gerrards touch to take him away from the defender for the third goal was sublime

Kuyt and N'Gog are clinical inside 4 yards

Watching Stoke at set-plays is like having your eyeballs raped by a camel

Robbie Blake will never strike a ball as sweetly in his entire life, and everything is his life from this moment was be an anti-climax

I have Jermaine Defoe in my dream team. I also have Sebastian Bassong  :lookaround
burjennio

Postby Effes » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:49 pm

redhayesy wrote:
kopite_1232002 wrote:

agreed got a gem there

brilliant perforance mate,great result but i wouldn't go as far as to say Lucas had a very good game. neither did mahsa which i'm totally sure will will improve as the season goes on.

please beleive me when i say that i really want Lucas to play with the confidence Raffa has shown in him,but still say in really difficult games especially away from home,he just doesnt inspire me he is up for the job. ie- tonight he didn't know weather to go foward or stay back an try to play the defensive role in middfield etc. his lack of vision an trying to make an impact in the game will always be his down fall.

aside from that fecking made up with the result, we made a great start an for me hopefully puts the results of last season behind us. we needed to batter stoke tonight an done it so brilliant result.

does anyone else agree with me also yossi was brilliant tonight an deserved a goal. he really has shown such great attitude,also desire to provide chances & create them for himself that i'm made up Raffa chose him ahead of babel tonight- he said  it all for me! if babel  wants to even make a challenge for a first team place he need look no futher than yossi.

one final point about tonights's game concerning Lucas- when set up a treat early on in the game i was on the edge of my seat begging him to score -alas he hit it straight at the keeper.

apart from that i stil say he is out of his depth,but will enjoy the alround performance an result tonight!

Agree Hasey lad - esp. Benny's performance. No way can Babel play ahead of Benny.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:52 pm

we looked ok tonight, a bit more like a team, the back 4 still have stuff to work on.

by the way i i ever by a football team i would change its name to BPW...why? well the teams that start with that always seem to upset the bigger teams lol.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:57 pm

burjennio wrote:not to be one to jump on a bandwagon but Glen Johnson looks f*ckiing immense.

Gerrards touch to take him away from the defender for the third goal was sublime

Kuyt and N'Gog are clinical inside 4 yards

Watching Stoke at set-plays is like having your eyeballs raped by a camel

Robbie Blake will never strike a ball as sweetly in his entire life, and everything is his life from this moment was be an anti-climax

I have Jermaine Defoe in my dream team. I also have Sebastian Bassong  :lookaround

you missed one

Micheal Owen is still sh!t

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:05 pm

lakes10 wrote:we looked ok tonight, a bit more like a team, the back 4 still have stuff to work on.

Could be to do with having some kid called ayala playing who was sh.itting himself the whole match
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby crazyhorse » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:06 pm

THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:10 pm

Effes wrote:
redhayesy wrote:
kopite_1232002 wrote:

agreed got a gem there

Agree Hasey lad - esp. Benny's performance. No way can Babel play ahead of Benny.

thanks mate,so glad someone else agree's with my view that yossi  deserves his place in the starting line up. his attitude is a credit to him, i  really believe he will be a massive player for us this season - home an away! others in the side can an should learn alot from his style of play. throughout the game tonight he played the 1-2 etc which i really love to watch, also as a result of his awarness around  brought other players into our attacking play aswell.

johnson had a briliant debut at anfield,but for me jossi made so many things happen tonight he get's the nod for  me.

also love his attitude, he really appitimiseses team spirit!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Effes » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:21 pm

redhayesy wrote:
Effes wrote:Agree Hasey lad - esp. Benny's performance. No way can Babel play ahead of Benny.

thanks mate,so glad someone else agree's with my view that yossi  deserves his place in the starting line up. his attitude is a credit to him, i  really believe he will be a massive player for us this season - home an away! others in the side can an should learn alot from his style of play. throughout the game tonight he played the 1-2 etc which i really love to watch, also as a result of his awarness around  brought other players into our attacking play aswell.

johnson had a briliant debut at anfield,but for me jossi made so many things happen tonight he get's the nod for  me.

Gotta say mate - most people on here wanted Benny to start ahead of Babel too.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:52 pm

Effes wrote:
redhayesy wrote:
Effes wrote:Agree Hasey lad - esp. Benny's performance. No way can Babel play ahead of Benny.

Gotta say mate - most people on here wanted Benny to start ahead of Babel too.

Despite his poor performance on the weekend I thought we might see Babel at some point. But in the end I was glad we brought on NGog.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:59 pm

Now that's more like it! :D  Some really fine performances and a special mention to Reina for a fantastic save at a crucial time.  We did not need to let them back into the game right after the re-start.  The worry was how flat we seemed for the mid-part of the first half.  But, the lads grew in composure as the 2nd half progressed and started to look much more like the Liverpool of last season.  Johnson looks like he's been playing in front of the Kop for years and credit to the lad Ayala for keeping his cool and doing his job well.  :cool:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Tim LFC » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:37 am

We deserved the win. We can play a lot better but it's a start and a message were not going to sit back on laurels and watch teams get draws against us! Really want Reira to start against Aston Villa but Yossi to play behind torres.
Tim LFC

Postby Scottbot » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:59 am

What a difference a few days can make in football eh! I've only seeen the highlights on MOTD but it looked like a good performance from all the lads plus some outstanding performances from Yossi, Johnson and our Captain Fantastic. We certainly look well equipped to deal with the bus-parkers this season. We've got quite a nice balance on the flanks with Dirk and Yossi cutting inside and two fullbacks in Johnson and Insua who like to get forward. No doubt we're gonna miss Xabi like hell this season but if Johnson and Yossi can turn in performances like that on a regular basis we could be on to something here. It was an absolutely fantastic debut performance from johnson and Yossi seems to have picked up where he left off last season.

What a perfect day, I had the day off (i've had the last 5 weeks off mind!), had a pub lunch in the sun, played golf in the sun and got back to watch us win 4-0 and the mancs lose to Burnley! Bloody brilliant! :D
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games