LIVERPOOL VS ARSENAL - 13th december 2009 , 16:00 kick off

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:16 pm

thank for that ciggy, if only we all felt like that, sadly those days are well behind us
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Ciggy » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:16 pm

sh!tonutd78  whats your obsession with the mancs? youve mentioned them in nearly every post.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:21 pm

Ciggy wrote:dave M wrote.

The flow of negativity that's been streaming from the press, our support and the players over the last few months has led to this being one of my lowest points as a supporter. There's been events at the club that have been far more important and that have caused incomparable levels of sadness but, the way things are at the moment, the nature of our predicament, I've begun to question a lot of things. I feel like my belief in the cause has been a false belief. Not that my support is fradulent but that the cause itself is a lie; what it was supposed to mean to be a Red, the philosophical fabric of our fanbase, our solidarity exposed as a great big, dirty lie.

We've got fans turning on each other, ex players slagging off the manager in the press, current players allegedly doing it, a pair of owners that are in it for themselves getting away with it all whilst we pile into one another. It seems like everyone is in it for their own personal glory. Objectively, we've had lower points than this but we seem to be ripping ourselves apart, quick to assert our opinion, slow to consider the consequences of our collective actions. Our football club feels like it's dying and, if we're honest with ourselves, we can blame Gillett and Hicks as much as we like, but we're guilty in other ways.

Where the :censored:'s the solidarity in times of trouble? We're supposed to be different compared to fans of other clubs but we're not, we're just like every other generic, sky generation band of :censored:wits who seek quick solutions to difficult problems because they lack the patience and the forethought to consider the implications of their collective demands.

You'll Never Walk Alone? A sentimental lie. It means nothing, it's just a song but, to me, it meant something, I sang the words growing up and I meant them, I still do, but too many people are paying lip service to our past. It's usually the same ones that demand we're successful like we used to be which is quite an irony. We didn't become successful because of some magical event, we earned it, hard :censored: work, patience, planning, belief in the plan and the capacity to execute it.

It'll never be like that now, though, because when the path becomes a little bit tough, people :censored: their kecks and ask for a better map. When they get the map, they have to begin the journey afresh but, as soon as the new journey becomes a bit difficult, they once again :censored: their kecks and ask for a new map, over and over and over they repeat this fruitless process, seeking better, more pleasurable conditions. Rather than attempting to find the courage to walk on through the storm in the hope that the outcome is one worth fighting for, they seek shelter from the storm in a refuge that is worse than the storm they were heading into. Just thought I'd add my little bit of negativity to the problem. :censored: blame, stand and :censored: fight.

That's all well and good.  And I'm sure this guys speaks from the heart.  But why should fans feel guilty for not accepting what's going on on the pitch?  We have a right to be angry, to be frustrated, and we have a right to vent those frustrations.  The players aren't playing for the manager right now, and that means they're not playing for the shirt either.  Something has to give.

I feel the impending sense of doom at the moment.  Benitez's days are numbered at this club now, I may not be sitting in that dressing room myself but what I saw today and for most of this season tells me that the dressing room has been lost.  There is no way back when that happens.

Today has been the final straw for a lot of fans.  Don't believe you are less of a fan for feeling that.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:26 pm

Im going to sum up how i feel after the game in 3 words GET RAFA OUT

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:27 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Not talking about the pen that wasn't given Scott, Stevie had every right to complain about that.

What i'm not happy with is that top players get "fouled" all the time, some get on with it and some do a "Drogba", sometimes Stevie seems to be leaning more towards doing a Drogba than just getting on with it.

You're spot on Woof, Gerrard was nothing short of a disgrace today.  His body language hasn't been right all season and his diving around today and shrugging his shoulders and stopping when he didn't get decisions was frankly embarrassing.

His negative attitude on the pitch and in interviews this season is irritating me.  He's not the only one, but when a captain behaves like that it filters through the team.

I could be cynical and say that in his head his season's over and he's going through the motions with one eye on the world cup.  I doubt that's the case, but I also refuse to put his mediocre displays and his poor attitude this season down to injuries alone.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shitonutd78 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:31 pm

ciggy cause them scums are who we use as a yardstick to measure ourselves regardless of the hate we have for them they are at the top wher we wanna be so mate thats why i keep mentioning them yr trying to portray Liverpool as some secret society who fans cannot say anything against the reason x players and fans are speaking out is cause they care but mate u carry on thinking the glass in half full and let us carry on thinking its half empty cause right now there is nothing right about Liverpool we are out of CL out of 4th position which would take us back and i know u will say we'll get 4th but wat makes u think that'll happen City villa and spurs are much stronger then previous oppositions for 4th place
shitonutd78

Postby killerp » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:48 pm

So much for a season changing game I guess that will have to be Wigan now :Oo:
killerp

Postby steviec » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:54 pm

the worryin' thig here was that we didn't have one attempt on goal in the second half, were totally outplayed in all areas at HOME!!! SUNness is beginnin to sound right. rafa can't blame lack of funds, he has spent a fortune in the last five years - for what? When you look at some of his signings, Nando excluded, what have they achieved.   
ps It might sound like sour grapes, and I suppose it is, but if I ever see that bas@@rd Arsehavan stick his tongue out or put his digit to his mouth, I'll cut them off and shove them up his a@se
Save money on expensive binoculars by standing closer to the object you are trying to observe
steviec

Postby red37 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:17 am

shitonutd78 wrote:sorry for repeating the previous post i made didnt come up  at first

Never mind the repetition, how about a bit of punctuation?

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dalglish » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:06 am

steviec wrote:the worryin' thig here was that we didn't have one attempt on goal in the second half, were totally outplayed in all areas at HOME!!! SUNness is beginnin to sound right. rafa can't blame lack of funds, he has spent a fortune in the last five years - for what? When you look at some of his signings, Nando excluded, what have they achieved.   
ps It might sound like sour grapes, and I suppose it is, but if I ever see that bas@@rd Arsehavan stick his tongue out or put his digit to his mouth, I'll cut them off and shove them up his a@se

For the record he hasn't spent a fortune and in your response to What For?

Have you forgotten Istanbul ?
Cardiff 2006 ?
The double over United and Chelsea last season ?
The 2 momentous CL semi finals against Chavski ?
Juventus at home and away in 05 ?
Real Madrid home and away last season ?
Beating Barca in the Nou Camp ? (A first for a British club in Europe)
4-4 Draws against Chelsea and Arsenal last season when the quality and endeavour could not be doubled ?

Souness will NEVER sound right.................
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:19 am

Dalglish wrote:
steviec wrote:the worryin' thig here was that we didn't have one attempt on goal in the second half, were totally outplayed in all areas at HOME!!! SUNness is beginnin to sound right. rafa can't blame lack of funds, he has spent a fortune in the last five years - for what? When you look at some of his signings, Nando excluded, what have they achieved.   

For the record he hasn't spent a fortune and in your response to What For?

Have you forgotten Istanbul ?
Cardiff 2006 ?
The double over United and Chelsea last season ?
The 2 momentous CL semi finals against Chavski ?
Juventus at home and away in 05 ?
Real Madrid home and away last season ?
Beating Barca in the Nou Camp ? (A first for a British club in Europe)
4-4 Draws against Chelsea and Arsenal last season when the quality and endeavour could not be doubled ?

Souness will NEVER sound right.................

All of those achievements do not fill the massive void left by the lack of league victory. It took 5 years with Rafa to get as close as we did last season to ultimate league victory but now we are taking steps backwards? Its not only a blo$dy dip in form that's responsible for this situation!
killerp

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:30 am

Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas revealed a furious tirade by Arsene Wenger at half-time had inspired the Gunners to come from behind and condemn Liverpool to a 2-1 defeat at Anfield.

The victory moved Arsenal up to third place in the Premier League - within three points of Manchester United with a game in hand. Fabregas revealed he had never seen Wenger so angry as he was at half-time.

The Spaniard told Sky Sports 1: "The boss screamed. I've never seen him like that before. He was really disappointed in the first half and said we didn't deserve to wear the Arsenal shirt if we played like that. And I think he was right.

"In the second half we turned it round.''

"There is still a long way to go,'' he added. "The Premier League is more open than ever, you can beat any team and I like it that way.''

Defender Thomas Vermaelen explained the turnaround, saying: "We just reacted very well. The first half was really bad but in the second we put pressure on them and saw the result.

"We closed the gap a little bit now and we are back in the race.''

Manager Wenger admitted he had been angry by his side's first-half display but refused to divulge details of what had been said.

"I don't like to talk about that,'' he said. "I'll keep that in the dressing room. They knew it was absolutely needed to win this game and when you lose the 50-50s in big games you don't win.

"It was just to make them conscious the commitment of Liverpool was bigger. I think the first half we were quite happy with 1-0 - it could have been two and the game could have been over. I don't put it down to a lack of desire - there was a fear to lose a big game. You could see that in the first half.

"It showed the team can respond and they are proud.''

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez believes his side's confidence disappeared after Arsenal's second goal but he pledged to keep going. He said: "The own goal changed everything, the confidence changed and we started to make mistakes.

"The first half was really good and we were very pleased. The second changed and they were playing with more confidence and we played with less. We conceded too early and the second goal came too soon after.

"We will keep going. We have another important game on Wednesday, we have some players coming back. Top four is the same target , it's a long way but we need to keep going.'' 

:Oo:  such great ambitions
maypaxvobiscum

Postby TheLad » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:31 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas revealed a furious tirade by Arsene Wenger at half-time had inspired the Gunners to come from behind and condemn Liverpool to a 2-1 defeat at Anfield.

The victory moved Arsenal up to third place in the Premier League - within three points of Manchester United with a game in hand. Fabregas revealed he had never seen Wenger so angry as he was at half-time.

The Spaniard told Sky Sports 1: "The boss screamed. I've never seen him like that before. He was really disappointed in the first half and said we didn't deserve to wear the Arsenal shirt if we played like that. And I think he was right.

"In the second half we turned it round.''

"There is still a long way to go,'' he added. "The Premier League is more open than ever, you can beat any team and I like it that way.''

Defender Thomas Vermaelen explained the turnaround, saying: "We just reacted very well. The first half was really bad but in the second we put pressure on them and saw the result.

"We closed the gap a little bit now and we are back in the race.''

Manager Wenger admitted he had been angry by his side's first-half display but refused to divulge details of what had been said.

"I don't like to talk about that,'' he said. "I'll keep that in the dressing room. They knew it was absolutely needed to win this game and when you lose the 50-50s in big games you don't win.

"It was just to make them conscious the commitment of Liverpool was bigger. I think the first half we were quite happy with 1-0 - it could have been two and the game could have been over. I don't put it down to a lack of desire - there was a fear to lose a big game. You could see that in the first half.

"It showed the team can respond and they are proud.''

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez believes his side's confidence disappeared after Arsenal's second goal but he pledged to keep going. He said: "The own goal changed everything, the confidence changed and we started to make mistakes.

"The first half was really good and we were very pleased. The second changed and they were playing with more confidence and we played with less. We conceded too early and the second goal came too soon after.

"We will keep going. We have another important game on Wednesday, we have some players coming back. Top four is the same target , it's a long way but we need to keep going.'' 

:Oo:  such great ambitions

:help
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:07 am

Simari wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
Lee2k6 wrote:
The_Rock wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
mart wrote:

i sat there will one one being posted on this week, it will be the one called
"Rafa Sacked"

Dude....it would be awesome to see that thread....  :D

sorry but that comments an absolute disgrace.. you should never find a thread about your manager being sacked "awesome"

:no

Liverpool fan my fuckin @rse, disgraceful comments.

Spot on Ciggy,

This club that you claim you love as a fan, includes the Manager. I'm sure you will be over the moon when Klinsmann comes on board.

Fecking disgraceful.

did everyone love souness as a manager

would be interesting to know
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:43 am

Judge wrote:did everyone love souness as a manager

would be interesting to know

Whats that got to do with The Rock saying it will be awesome the day Rafa is sacked?

You dont feckin celebrate the manager getting sacked, the likes of him and his ilk are delighted when we get beat, thats not the way liverpool fans act im sorry but its not, and then he goes on to abuse match going reds calling them hippies wtf is that all about?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games