NEWCASTLE UNITED VS LIVERPOOL - Saturday 11th december 17.30pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:29 am

Dundalk wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Didnt the guy who signed today have a Liverpool FC tie on him or something like that?

LINK

Ironic that the guy who just signed a contract to make $20 million a year for 7 years had to borrow a tie.  :p
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:37 am

That was incredibly disappointing to say the very least!

I am really struggling with this one. Is our away record and RH's overall away record playing head games with us. The first twenty minutes of both halves Liverpool were in control but as soon as Newcastle took the initiative we became very nervous and I do wonder if some of the players get into the mindset of here we go again especially after Newcastle scored against the run of play with what was possibly an offside goal. After they scored we still continued to attack but the general quality was lacking and certain players were mentally somewhere else and that is the real problem. It is very easy to simply say that they are not good enough but I do not believe that to be the case. A bit of luck would have been handy. It was a very long way into the game when the on target stats read 5-2 in favour of Liverpool and we were losing 2-1 at the time.

In some ways it was actually quite good to see RH trying to tear the skin from his face out of shear frustration and I've got to say I felt sorry for him. Luck and several players let him down.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:38 am

andy_g wrote:i see some people have decided not to think and are going for the easy scapegoats in hodgson and lucas again. we go 4-4-2 away from home and people still whinge. lucas puts in another very good stint and still people whinge. the only difference between the teams was that their striker caused our 'defence' problems and ours didn't cause their's problems. kuyt had another stinker, apart from his goal, too which didn't help matters.

if we keep setting ourselves out like that and get some discipline in the central defenders we'll do a lot better. i don't see that we deserved to lose that game though.

Great post
Well said
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby worcester_red » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:06 pm

Very dissapointing results, we need a massive overhaul of the squad in the summer plus new manager etc but in the meantime we need to drop Torres to the bench until he starts wanting to play again as he causing us nothing but problems, I would actually prefer to see Babel and NGog up front. In January we HAVE to find some money for at least one CB and one new striker otherwise we'll really be in the :censored:.
worcester_red

Postby stmichael » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:39 pm

very very disappointing again.

the thing is, we're so easy to play against it's untrue, epecially when we go away from home. we're spineless. if you hassle us and press us we have no answer. tiote, barton and nolan dominated the midfield for large spells. apart from a 15 minute spell at the start of the second half we were second best.

our defending for all three goals was woeful aswell.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:20 pm

At this stage it all comes to one thing which is quality ,i felt we had a relative decent game ,players look more comfertable in their positions and we created quite a few chances which could change the end game result. But you can't fake quality and you can't hide lack of quality and our defense is totally weak all the back four are relative weak players our Defensive CM is also weak which exposes us in many cases and would cost us a lot of soft goals as yesterday. If Torres was in a better shape we could have gotten a positive results but our defence is a liabilty which can't be solved by tactics - only new players....And i don't even wanna start talking on our attacking players....Bottom line - we need a lot of new quality players.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Number 9 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:11 pm

Was a fuc'king disgrace!What else to say! :(
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:16 pm

The most disappointing aspect of all this is that some posters still wont accept the manager is not at our games just as a spectator ,he is actually employed by this club to introduce substitutes, and modify tactics at key stages of the game ....basically have a clue and not just look as dumbfounded as the fans .... The fans are not paid handsomely to have strategies and devise something previous managers used to call a plan :(
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:34 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:The most disappointing aspect of all this is that some posters still wont accept the manager is not at our games just as a spectator ,he is actually employed by this club to introduce substitutes, and modify tactics at key stages of the game ....basically have a clue and not just look as dumbfounded as the fans .... The fans are not paid handsomely to have strategies and devise something previous managers used to call a plan :(

what like rafa used to leave a substitution to the 85th minute when we went behind in the first half he did that a few times last season if i recall.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:48 pm

rocky29 wrote:what like rafa used to leave a substitution to the 85th minute when we went behind in the first half he did that a few times last season if i recall.

Do you go sparring with Big Niall   :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:14 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
rocky29 wrote:what like rafa used to leave a substitution to the 85th minute when we went behind in the first half he did that a few times last season if i recall.

Do you go sparring with Big Niall   :D

i actually agree with both of you.

Its something Roy is terrible with but Rafa wasnt much better.
We should have changed things far earlier than when the enforced change of Ngog happened on Saturday. Kuyt should have been taken off at halftime for Babel.
Also in the games where we have done well like West Ham he took far too long to get the subs on, by the time they come on the game had petered out and the subs were coming in to a game where every player had had enough and was waiting for the final whistle.
Rafa was poor also though, his cumstomary substitue around the same sort of minute regardless of how the game was going was strange to say the least.
The champions league final 07 substutions were the worst though, he brought on a full back before Crouch when we were losing if i remember rightly.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:44 pm

Just pure unadulterated dogsh!te was all it was . Havent been @rsed to post in this thread as we can all see what needs to happen.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:42 am

Igor Zidane wrote:Just pure unadulterated dogsh!te was all it was . Havent been @rsed to post in this thread as we can all see what needs to happen.

totally agree mate. but like i said earlier in the thread-why oh why do we fecking play negative after we have just got back into the game away from home?- the reason i ask mate is that -take the fecking spuds game, we go 1- nil up & then try & shut the door why?- we had another fecking half at least to play.

we get back into the game at newcastle- we should have gone for the fecking jugular mate! this is a team who are more fecking in-consistant than us! this is a team who were their for the fecking taking! this is a team that once under pressure,fecking crumble. ffs it was the oppo i was talking about then mate & not LFC. -i agree mate-that perforfance was us & it was dogsh1te!

take each game as it comes-feck that,cause away from home we know what is going to happen! every away game is approached in the same manner mate.-fecking negative-let's hope we don't lose bu11sh1t! -rather than let's hit every team for six,regadless of who they are,their currant form-(oh they are great at home,we might struggle to break them down) bu11sh1t.

weather at home or away-feck this mental attitude tactic bu11sh1t-you make your own luck in games when required & that only comes about when you fecking attack teams with avengence & create chances from start to finish end of.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:47 am

The whole left side of the team is just not good enough, Maxi, Konchesky and Skirtel. Whenever Newcastle attacked down their right we looked a mess and Skirtel, the goal may have been offside but he was nowhere near getting to that ball ahead of Carrol and for the second it was schoolboy stuff from him, I would rather see Wilson in the team ahead of Skirtel he's feckin liability
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games