LIVERPOOL V. STOKE CITY - Wednesday 19th august 2009: 20:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby maguskwt » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:29 pm

LFC2007 wrote:Fair play to Lucas, it was one of the most consistent performances I've seen from him - did a bit of everything and well.

For quite some time now I've categorised Lucas as a holding/defensive midfielder similar to Hamann's role. If we play him in that role he's decent. If he's asked to perform Alonso or Gerrard's role, he's just awful because he doesn't offer any creativity or offensive plays.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Nando26 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:32 pm

TheLad wrote:Finally we start to play this season!

Finally? its only the second game lol
Nando26

Postby TheLad » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:42 pm

Nando26 wrote:
TheLad wrote:Finally we start to play this season!

Finally? its only the second game lol

I meant also the awful preseason games  :rasp
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby Nando26 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:47 pm

redhayesy wrote:
kopite_1232002 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:Johnson MOTM.

agreed got a gem there

Im gonna kill myself now but lucas had a very good game

brilliant perforance mate,great result but i wouldn't go as far as to say Lucas had a very good game. neither did mahsa which i'm totally sure will will improve as the season goes on.

please beleive me when i say that i really want Lucas to play with the confidence Raffa has shown in him,but still say in really difficult games especially away from home,he just doesnt inspire me he is up for the job. ie- tonight he didn't know weather to go foward or stay back an try to play the defensive role in middfield etc. his lack of vision an trying to make an impact in the game will always be his down fall.

aside from that fecking made up with the result, we made a great start an for me hopefully puts the results of last season behind us. we needed to batter stoke tonight an done it so brilliant result.

does anyone else agree with me also yossi was brilliant tonight an deserved a goal. he really has shown such great attitude,also desire to provide chances & create them for himself that i'm made up Raffa chose him ahead of babel tonight- he said  it all for me! if babel  wants to even make a challenge for a first team place he need look no futher than yossi.

one final point about tonights's game concerning Lucas- when set up a treat early on in the game i was on the edge of my seat begging him to score -alas he hit it straight at the keeper.

apart from that i stil say he is out of his depth,but will enjoy the alround performance an result tonight!

the fanta is flowing  :D

Lucas was class today tracking back & going forward

i get it your 1 of the  many that has constantly slagged him off & will have egg on your face come the end of the season

but atleast admit was had a good game
Nando26

Postby beng » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:42 pm

Rate players' performance in game versus  STOKE CITY
http://www.voteplayers.com/Matches....51.aspx
beng

Postby Reg » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:44 pm

August 20, 2009, 7:59 AM ET
Liverpool assistant Lee charged with misconductEmail Print Share Reuters

LONDON, Aug 20 - Liverpool assistant manager Sammy Lee has been charged with improper conduct over an incident in the 2-1 defeat at Tottenham Hotspur, the Football Association (FA) said on its website (www.thefa.com) on Thursday.

Lee was sent from the dug-out for yelling at fourth official Stuart Attwell when referee Phil Dowd refused to award Liverpool a penalty late in Sunday's Premier League game.

He has until Wednesday to respond to the charge under new fast-track regulations relating to technical area offences, aimed at getting a resolution within a month of the relevant incidents taking place.

The FA also charged two lower-division managers with improper conduct -- Peterborough United's Darren Ferguson, the son of Manchester United's Alex, and Paul Lambert who took charge of League One (third division) Norwich City on Tuesday.

Ferguson was charged with using abusive language towards the referee after Tuesday's 3-2 home defeat by West Bromwich Albion in the Championship (second division).

Lambert was charged after being dismissed from the dugout in his last match in charge of League One Colchester United against Yeovil Town on Saturday.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:34 am

i rewatched our 3rd goal and in the build up we had 22 successful passes in a row  !
JoeTerp

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:00 am

To what extent did that succession of passes help facilitate the final move itself?

If I had the video I'd have a gander myself....
LFC2007

Postby Effes » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:25 pm

JoeTerp wrote:i rewatched our 3rd goal and in the build up we had 22 successful passes in a row  !

Can you give a link Joe?
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby abbiedukes » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:34 am

What a revelation Johnson turned out to be in this game. I 'm really glad we signed. If you missed the game you can always watch the goal highlights here;

http://www.liverpoolfcgoals.webs.com :;):
abbiedukes

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:21 am

i rewatched it on my dvr and have since deleted, but as for the final move itself I would say 5 or 6, maybe even 7
JoeTerp

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games