NEWCASTLE UNITED VS LIVERPOOL - Saturday 11th december 17.30pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby stmichael » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:39 pm

Actually quite looking forward to this, not just because I'm going, but because the team has played well in the last couple of games. It also looks as though Newcastle will be without a manager so it's a good time to play them. Their two first choice centre halfs are missing aswell so Torres should have a field day against Campbell who was woeful at the weekend.

In many ways, Carra getting injured is a bit of a blessing as the Greek is the one guy I can see competing with Carroll in the air. It'll be interesting to see what happens upfront with Torres being back though. I suspect Babel will be back on the bench. Apart from that stick with the same team and we should win the game.

2-0 to us. Torres and Maxi.
Last edited by stmichael on Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Greavesie » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:43 pm

ah might try and get ticks. you in the Liverpool end Michael? I'll end up in the Toon end like :laugh:
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby stmichael » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:45 pm

Greavesie wrote:ah might try and get ticks. you in the Liverpool end Michael? I'll end up in the Toon end like :laugh:

yeah the liverpool end mate. frigging nightmare for the away fans at st james' because you're so high up. it's like watching a bloody subbuteo match.

it's be bloody freezing aswell :sniffle
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Greavesie » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:53 pm

stmichael wrote:
Greavesie wrote:ah might try and get ticks. you in the Liverpool end Michael? I'll end up in the Toon end like :laugh:

yeah the liverpool end mate. frigging nightmare for the away fans at st james' because you're so high up. it's like watching a bloody subbuteo match.

it's be bloody freezing aswell :sniffle

yeh the snow ups here's been causing chaos all last week. Its a lot better lately though so you should be ok. Just be careful you don't get stranded after the match  :D it's not a long journey for you though is it, half an hour or something?

I'll get ticks but I'll end up in the Newcastle end, bummer  :D  loads of my mates will come though so its a good basis for a p!ss up I guess

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:26 pm

I'll be up newcastle but not for the match, coming up tuesday cos the Pogues are playing the O2 academy
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red H » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:30 am

I think Carroll vrs Kyriakos, will be key to how we get on.  We'll score, but can we keep them out ?  Stating the obvious, but we need to translate home form to our away performance.  Played some loverly stuff against Villa, but I doubt we'll get as much space.
Let's be optimistic 1-2
Red H

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:44 am

we're gonna draw. StMichael has never started a winning match thread in recent memory. :angry:  :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby metalhead » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:37 am

2-1 win for Liverpool
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:54 am

I think we might just be surprised here, reckon we'll come out firing!

Barcodes 0 - 3 Liverpool (Babel, Maxi, Torres)
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:12 pm

Lee J wrote:I think we might just be surprised here, reckon we'll come out firing!

I hope so. I just hope we approach the game in the same manner as we did at Spurs. If we score eraly and keep the pressure on, there's a good chance that Newcastle may fall apart.

If Gerrard does come back into the side I hope the manager has the balls to drop Kuyt and not Ngog. It won't happen though, and even if it did it would result in Meriles being shifted out to the right instead of Gerrard.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Greavesie » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:33 pm

surely our record in recent times against them and their current issues means its just a matter of how many, right? right? ???

I'm confident anyway

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:05 pm

They were sh!te against West Brom. Really awful, and yet strangely they've also managed to beat Arsenal and Chelsea away, and thump both Villa and Sunderland at home. I don't think those results reflect the quality in their squad, which is relatively poor IMO, and that will tell in the end.
LFC2007

Postby The_Rock » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:52 am

4-4-2 is the way to go....... and we should stick with this home and away. Hopefully we don't see the one man up top anymore.....becos we don't have players to support torres on his own anymore (our wingers are too slow).

Like to see this team

Reina
    Johnson    Big_greek     Skertel   Auerlio
       Kuyt     Lucas      Raul       M.Rod
               Babel             Torres
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:09 am

stmichael wrote:
Lee J wrote:I think we might just be surprised here, reckon we'll come out firing!

I hope so. I just hope we approach the game in the same manner as we did at Spurs. If we score eraly and keep the pressure on, there's a good chance that Newcastle may fall apart.

If Gerrard does come back into the side I hope the manager has the balls to drop Kuyt and not Ngog. It won't happen though, and even if it did it would result in Meriles being shifted out to the right instead of Gerrard.

Prefer to put Ngog on the bench and play Gerrard just behind Torres. Having said that I have supported David Ngog for a long time now and at £1.5m could just prove to be one of Benitez's best buys. Still learning though and that's why I would like the experience of a fully focused Gerrard behind Torres.

Just leave the midfield alone. Raul,Lucas,Maxi and Kuyt have been doing ok.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby JamCar05 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:21 pm

Gerrard won't be playing in this one according to Roy. Think he'll stick with the same team as against Villa except Torres will come in for Babel. Cole will have to accept the bench again I reckon (and rightly so atm). I actually quite fancy us to get a seldom away win, though you never know how they'll react to their change of manager.
JamCar05

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games