LIVERPOOL VS OLDHAM ATHLETIC - Fa. cup 3rd rd 6th jan 2012

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:18 pm

devaney wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
damjan193 wrote:I really feel with this Adeyemi guy if he really was racially abused, but it's all a bit idiotic to me. He and the media should know that he's neither the first nor the last player to be insulted in a way during a match by the fans, even racially abused. I do not support this kind of things and wish those people who do that to never be allowed to step on a football stand again but unfortunately this happen in every game and you can't control it. Adeyemi shouldn't have been such a bitch and should have just suck it up like all other players.

He is a young lad ffs - I can't believe people are having a go at him , he is the innocent party in all this .

He was just playing football and he was verbally attacked with IMO racist abuse and it hurt the lad - no one can understand unless they are in the same situation.

Sayin he should just suck it up like all the others does no good at all and is a stupid statement . Hopefully his reaction will hit home to people how hurtful it can be and then we can really move towards stamping it out .

Is Adeyemi just the innocent party in this affair? His somewhat prolonged reaction which was only cut short when Gerrard intervened didn't do a lot to help eradicate racism in sport.I appreciate that the lad was extremely upset and that none of us know exactly what was said other than the usual crass speculation.His reaction however was unusual in the extreme and his timing was very interesting.That is just an observation.I don't condone anti social behaviour of any type at football matches or anywhere else.

Evra paraded himself as the offended party yet look at what he actually admits to saying to Suarez. Was Evra just the innocent party.Draw your own conclusions.

This and the Suarez case are completely different.
In the Suarez case there were two players exchanging insults which is kind of normal especially on a game like that. Evra used the fcked up system we have and accused Suarez for making an alleged racist remark. In this case, not only was Suarez banned without proper evidence, but also Evra, who IMO made far worse insults, got off with nothing.
In yesterday's case we allegedly had an idiot who calls himself a Liverpool fan insulting Adeyemi in a racist way for no reason at all. So yes, Adeyemi is completely innocent, unless there's more to it in the whole thing but I doubt it. But should have Adeyemi reacted the way he did? That's just going too far. If he can't handle a few insults from some idiot "fans" then he should quit being a footballer right now.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:28 am

metalhead wrote:I can't fault Tom Ademeye's reaction, some players move on with the abuse and choose to ignore, others can't, its down to personality. Having said that what a bloody idiot the fan was, in a climate like this, to get himself and maybe the club into trouble :no

I'm not necessarily criticising the lad. I'm just a little shocked by the length of his reaction.He is a black professional footballer and I would be amazed if this is the first time he has been subjected to racial abuse.Let's face it, some of of own fans are so dim they actually get off on abusing the team and the players racially or otherwise.

If any action is taken against the club it would be a case of setting an example.Absolutely nothing happened to the Everton supporters who hurled foul mouthed abuse and missiles during the last derby match.Unfortunately you cannot control the mouths of brainless idiots.When have you ever seen these idiots ejected by stewards from the ground?  The suggestions by some supporters to ban us from the competition are quite amazing.Everything possible should be done to find out exactly what happened and punish the guilty parties accordingly.

Problem supporters have existed for years and the offending clowns know they can get away with it.At virtually any other sport they would be thrown out and dealt with accordingly.A few years ago a couple of my mates who had been season ticket holders for over 30 years found themselves sitting next to some vile foul mouthed and abusive idiots who were also season ticket holders.They constantly complained to stewards and wrote to the club detailing their concerns as there were several families with children close by.These idiots were asked on numerous occasions by other decent supporters to shut up.They were so ignorant that that was never going to be an option.No action was ever taken by the club against these supporters and my mates eventually gave up their season tickets halfway through the season.How do you control fans that can't control themselves?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Mikz » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:39 pm

Racis t or not , it doesnt change the fact how pathetically weak a team we are, Mourinho was right , we get worse every year . :down:
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games