LIVERPOOL VS OLDHAM ATHLETIC - Fa. cup 3rd rd 6th jan 2012

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby JC_81 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:58 pm

Disgusting if the Oldham lad was racially abused, he had a right to react the way he did if it's true.

Every club has scumbag fans, ourselves included.

The fan(s) in question should have a lifetime ban if they racially abused that lad on top of the case being referred onto the police.

That said, there is no way the club should be hung out to dry for this, which is a single isolated incident involving a 'fan'.  But because of the Suarez incident and now this happening so close after, our name will be dragged through the mud in the press, this really couldn't have come at a worse time for us.

Rangers and Celtic have both had fines in recent years for racial and/or sectarian chanting, we can probably accept the same.  If it happens again, expect points to be deducted or a few games being played behind closed doors.  The FA will come down very hard on us I feel.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:00 pm

john craig wrote:Disgusting if the Oldham lad was racially abused, he had a right to react the way he did if it's true.

The fan(s) in question should have a lifetime ban if they racially abused that lad on top of the case being referred onto the police.

That said, there is no way the club should be hung out to dry for this, which is a single isolated incident involving a 'fan'.  But because of the Suarez incident and now this happening so close after, our name will be dragged through the mud in the press, this really couldn't have come at a worse time for us.

Rangers and Celtic have both had fines in recent years for racial and/or sectarian chanting, we can probably accept the same.  If it happens again, expect points to be deducted or a few games being played behind closed doors.  The FA will come down very hard on us I feel.

the club's handled the whole Luis Suarez thing badly from start to finish. And now this...the FA will make an example of us...again!
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:46 pm

Woollyback wrote:bottom line is calling someone a kunt isn't illegal. calling someone a black kunt is.

not according to the numpty journo who goes by the name Ollie Holt :no
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:55 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Overreaction it is not - harsh yes .

Racial abuse is no different if it's from one person or the whole crowd - the effect is still the same

The club are responsible for the actions of every single fan in the ground

Kicking clubs out of competitons would be an extreme punishment which would be last resort - far too long now clubs and countries have been given pathetic fines that don't even touch petty cash - something stronger needs to be done .

you really are an moron aren't you?

do you think this is the military where everything can be controlled so easily?

and by having us kicked out, it is only affirming the fact that the club is racist. maybe you think use your brains sometimes before you post numpty.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:06 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Overreaction it is not - harsh yes .

Racial abuse is no different if it's from one person or the whole crowd - the effect is still the same

The club are responsible for the actions of every single fan in the ground

Kicking clubs out of competitons would be an extreme punishment which would be last resort - far too long now clubs and countries have been given pathetic fines that don't even touch petty cash - something stronger needs to be done .

you really are an moron aren't you?

do you think this is the military where everything can be controlled so easily?

and by having us kicked out, it is only affirming the fact that the club is racist. maybe you think use your brains sometimes before you post numpty.

Just stop before you go too far . There is no need to throw insults at people .
Benny The Noon

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:24 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:There is no need to throw insults at people .

don't be a hypocrite.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:35 pm

I really feel with this Adeyemi guy if he really was racially abused, but it's all a bit idiotic to me. He and the media should know that he's neither the first nor the last player to be insulted in a way during a match by the fans, even racially abused. I do not support this kind of things and wish those people who do that to never be allowed to step on a football stand again but unfortunately this happen in every game and you can't control it. Adeyemi shouldn't have been such a bitch and should have just suck it up like all other players.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:37 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
john craig wrote:Disgusting if the Oldham lad was racially abused, he had a right to react the way he did if it's true.

the club's handled the whole Luis Suarez thing badly from start to finish. And now this...the FA will make an example of us...again!

And I suppose you think the FA have behaved in a totally satisfactory manner with regards to the Suarez affair.You have got to remember that we do not know all of the facts and that Glen Johnson proudly wore one of the Suarez t-shirts as a sign of his support for the player.An eminent Uruguayan professor has even suggested that Suarez would never have used the Spanish dialect that Evra accused him of.Yes the affair could have been handled better by all parties but as a supporter I'm proud of the fact that Liverpool FC are prepared to stand by their players when they feel that they are being castigated for an alleged offence when nobody else other than the two people involved heard what was said. We all say things in the heat of the moment but how many times do we actually remember exactly what was said and by who? Evra even admits to using some very insulting and threatening language and then decides to pull the race card and the FA treat it more like a mass murder than a stupid argument on a football pitch that should have been quickly sorted out with an apology from both players after the match.But is it just possible that one of the managers would not have been interested in going down that route?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:42 pm

damjan193 wrote:I really feel with this Adeyemi guy if he really was racially abused, but it's all a bit idiotic to me. He and the media should know that he's neither the first nor the last player to be insulted in a way during a match by the fans, even racially abused. I do not support this kind of things and wish those people who do that to never be allowed to step on a football stand again but unfortunately this happen in every game and you can't control it. Adeyemi shouldn't have been such a bitch and should have just suck it up like all other players.

He is a young lad ffs - I can't believe people are having a go at him , he is the innocent party in all this .

He was just playing football and he was verbally attacked with IMO racist abuse and it hurt the lad - no one can understand unless they are in the same situation.

Sayin he should just suck it up like all the others does no good at all and is a stupid statement . Hopefully his reaction will hit home to people how hurtful it can be and then we can really move towards stamping it out .
Benny The Noon

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:51 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
damjan193 wrote:I really feel with this Adeyemi guy if he really was racially abused, but it's all a bit idiotic to me. He and the media should know that he's neither the first nor the last player to be insulted in a way during a match by the fans, even racially abused. I do not support this kind of things and wish those people who do that to never be allowed to step on a football stand again but unfortunately this happen in every game and you can't control it. Adeyemi shouldn't have been such a bitch and should have just suck it up like all other players.

He is a young lad ffs - I can't believe people are having a go at him , he is the innocent party in all this .

He was just playing football and he was verbally attacked with IMO racist abuse and it hurt the lad - no one can understand unless they are in the same situation.

Sayin he should just suck it up like all the others does no good at all and is a stupid statement . Hopefully his reaction will hit home to people how hurtful it can be and then we can really move towards stamping it out .

I said I feel for him and that it was wrong for people to insult him, but to start crying and make a scene out of the whole thing? Come on man! Every time a player takes a corner kick if there are opposition fans behind him he's ALWAYS getting insulted in some way, we can see that in every match. I'm 100% sure that a black player taking a corner was racially abused at some time of his career by the fans behind him. He would never burst into tears though, he'd just suck it up and ignore the ignorance of the idiots behind him. That's what players should always do. Either that or find a way to punish all fans who insult players during a match... or better yet, do a Cantona karate kick on them.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:09 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:

Is Adeyemi just the innocent party in this affair? His somewhat prolonged reaction which was only cut short when Gerrard intervened didn't do a lot to help eradicate racism in sport.I appreciate that the lad was extremely upset and that none of us know exactly what was said other than the usual crass speculation.His reaction however was unusual in the extreme and his timing was very interesting.That is just an observation.I don't condone anti social behaviour of any type at football matches or anywhere else.

Evra paraded himself as the offended party yet look at what he actually admits to saying to Suarez. Was Evra just the innocent party.Draw your own conclusions.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:19 pm

Yes he is innocent because all he was doing was playing a sport.
Benny The Noon

Postby devaney » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:34 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Yes he is innocent because all he was doing was playing a sport.

That is a simple answer to a somewhat more complex question?
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:57 pm

devaney wrote:Is Adeyemi just the innocent party in this affair? His somewhat prolonged reaction which was only cut short when Gerrard intervened didn't do a lot to help eradicate racism in sport.

:Oo:  :upside:
LFC2007

Postby metalhead » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:00 pm

I can't fault Tom Ademeye's reaction, some players move on with the abuse and choose to ignore, others can't, its down to personality. Having said that what a bloody idiot the fan was, in a climate like this, to get himself and maybe the club into trouble :no
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games