LIVERPOOL VS. ARSENAL - Tuesday, April 8th - 2nd leg of the quarterfinals

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:50 pm

I do believe we have them rattled! :D

-----------------------

FABREGAS ATTACKS `NEGATIVE` LIVERPOOL
Posted 06/04/08 11:55
EmailPrintSave

Cesc Fabregas has criticised Liverpool for 'refusing to play' in the first two of their three clashes with Arsenal this week.

Both games have finished 1-1, with Rafa Benitez's side closing out the matches at the Emirates, as Arsenal desperately looked for wins that would give them advantages in both the Champions League and the title race.

Fabregas told The Sunday Telegraph:

"They defend very well and at 1-1, I think all they will want to do is defend and try to catch us on the break. We have to stick to our policy of playing football, attacking and trying to create opportunities.

"Just because the other team refuses to play doesn't mean we have to do the same thing. We want to stick to our football and that's what we will do."

This is not the first time Fabregas has attacked opponents for a perceived lack of creative adventure. Last season he confronted Blackburn manager Mark Hughes on the touchline after their FA Cup fifth round clash, inquiring if he really used to turn out for those paragons of footballing virtue, Barcelona.

He went on to praise Javier Mascherano, whose tenacious play was a big reason for the Spaniard's peripheral role in the first leg at the Emirates last week:

"I could feel his breath on my neck all the first half. For me, I think he is an amazing player. Defensively, he's very good and with the ball, he knows what he is doing. He reminds me a little bit of Mathieu [Flamini] as well."

LINK to Football365.com
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby red37 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:59 pm

Flamini is a horrible c*nt. Don't like him at all. Same as Eboue - the dirty diving cheating soft tw@t.

(good job its a sunday!)  :p

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:42 pm

red37 wrote:Flamini is a horrible c*nt. Don't like him at all. Same as Eboue - the dirty diving cheating soft tw@t.

(good job its a sunday!)  :p

Totally agree there red.

That Flamini is a malicious orrible little kunt, and that dive Eboue took in the first leg belonged at the Beijing olympics.

Speaking of dives, that Fabregas took one against Lucas I think it was in the box yesterday. The reply showed the ref mouthing 'GET UPPP !'

So Cesc, when unable to break teams down instead of playing "your football" do you occasionally throw in the odd dive of desperation, you mouthy little tw@t.
66-1112520797

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:22 pm

I think we will try to play a more expansive game this time, with our full backs pushing forward more as Arsenal always look weaker down the flanks.

Reina

Finnan     Carra      Hyypia     Riise

Lucas     Masherano   

Kuyt        Gerrard          Babel

Torres

I would prefer it if we went 4-4-2 for this game but its just not going to happen. Maybe bring Crouch on second half. I just hope our players realise that this game is going to be extra tough now that Arsenal are basically out of the title race. They will be throwing everything at us including the kitchen sink given half a chance.

2-0 Torres and Gerrard

I have a nasty feeling this season is just building up to a Liverpool V manc CL final.
account deleted by request

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:26 pm

s@int wrote:I have a nasty feeling this season is just building up to a Liverpool V manc CL final.

:D , And I have a sneaky feeling that if it is us v the mancs in the CL final we'll keep 11 players on the field and win it.  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:34 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
s@int wrote:I have a nasty feeling this season is just building up to a Liverpool V manc CL final.

:D , And I have a sneaky feeling that if it is us v the mancs in the CL final we'll keep 11 players on the field and win it.  :D

It won't be much good if we are then banned from Europe for 7 years though Woof! A manc final would be a nightmare, and I honestly believe there will be serious consequences if we meet them, with the mancs as usual getting away with a warning and us being banned.
account deleted by request

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:57 pm

s@int wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

It won't be much good if we are then banned from Europe for 7 years though Woof! A manc final would be a nightmare, and I honestly believe there will be serious consequences if we meet them, with the mancs as usual getting away with a warning and us being banned.

Saint i couldnt agree more with you mate and thats what im dreading . Not the football match but the fans i said the same thing in another thread ages ago. There will be caos, is there a chance though that if this does happen can EUFA move it
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby europian-kings » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:01 pm

not sure who to pcik yet.
on wednesday i got every position and player correct in my prediction but after changing 8 names on the weekend its going to me a hard one to predict.
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Thingy » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:19 pm

Reina
Finnan  Carra Skrtel Arbeloa

Pennant Lucas Plessis Riise
        Benayoun

Crouch

:D
Thingy

Postby kunilson » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:20 pm

Hope to see us come out and take the game to them until we score.......Probably see the same 4-2-3-1 formation but with it being a European night and us with an advantage already we have to capitalise on any space they give us when they attack.

And then we should sit back and park everyone in the penalty box just to :censored: them off because teams that come to Anfield always do it, including the top teams but we don't bitch and moan but i guess their players are used to doing things like that with the way their manager is always doing the same....
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:28 pm

s@int wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

You're spot on, S@int. Was talking to a mate of mine who supports Liverpool also. I was saying how I'd love to beat them in the final and how they'd never live it down. He kept saying what if they beat us? Although that wasn't his concern. He said there'd be murder. People would be getting bottled and stabbed and all kinds of nasty sh*t like that about the place. I agree. It won't be pleasant. There's scumbag supporters on both sides, but those Mancs are desperate to get their hands on that trophy. If they lose to us, they'll start a war no matter where they are, be it in a bar our outside the ground.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Dotty » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:44 pm

We need Anfield to make there spines tingle and there :censored: collapse.

Come on Liverpool

scare the feck out of them when they walk onto that pitch :angry:
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:45 pm

The mancs will never get to the final , they've yet to meet a decent side(Roma included) . It was the same last year , they stuffed Roma and everyone was w@nking themselves stupid over it . THey then came up against a decent side (all be it ageing) in milan and get beat . THe same thing will happen this year , if the mancs beat Roma and Barca beat schalke ,the mancs will lose to Barca in the semi's. No worries.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:29 pm

don't worry about the mancs or barca or whoever... worry about us getting through this tie and then beating whoever's the winner of fenebarce and chelsea tie...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:08 pm

maguskwt wrote:don't worry about the mancs or barca or whoever... worry about us getting through this tie and then beating whoever's the winner of fenebarce and chelsea tie...

Your right of course mate , lets get Tuesday night out of the way first. :;):
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion