LIVERPOOL VS ARSENAL - 21st april 2009. anfield 8pm k/o

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Scottbot » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:45 am

It's the best possible time to play them. You could argue they will be playing freely without pressure now that they have 4th spot in the bag but they play on Sunday so players will be tired/rested. With a bit of luck their semi with Chelsea goes to extra-time and maybe another player or two will get banged up. Gallas and Clichy are BIG misses for them in terms of dealing Torres' pace and you know they will come out and play a bit so the space will be there for him to exploit. Arshavin is the one to watch and I hope Masch is given the job of looking after him for this one. The game is under lights so the crowd should be well and truly up for it so we should sneak this one but anyone who thinks it's gonna be 'no problem' needs their head reading, this lot haven't lost a game in ages. I fancy a 2-1 win with a late goal coming from Deadly Dirk.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:57 am

deadly dirk!! lol :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:22 am

This will be a very tough game. If we are able to put pressure on their midfield and not allow them to play many passes, then we should be fine. Otherwise, it will be difficult as they have a young squad who can run plus Cesc and Adebayor are also in form. It will be better to start Agger then Skrtel as Agger's positioning is better. I think winning 1:0 or 2:1 as this should be a close game.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:33 am

i am confident we will win, but should the unthinkable happen and we lose or draw with the gooners, then i fear our season will end trophy-less again
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:37 am

do Arsenal play on Saturday or Sunday, just for the purpose of how long they have to rest
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Greavesie » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:52 am

just seen the advert for the Man U game, :censored: play saturday
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby stmichael » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:52 am

I honestly think we'll win this one, however well Arsenal are playing. We haven't lost a League game at home for 16 months and we're the only team not to have lost at home this season. As good as Arsenal are going forward their defence is decimated at the moment. Torres and Gerrard should be licking their lips against a defence which includes Eboue, Silvestre and Gibbs.

I'm more concerned about West Ham away in a few weeks.
Last edited by stmichael on Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby GYBS » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:52 am

Trying hard not to get to over confident - last time that happened was before the chelsea 1st leg when everyone was saying we would thump them etc - arsenal are in form and have their attacking players back - this game could go either way .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:28 pm

ARE YOU SITTING ON THE FENCE AGAIN GYBS?

:p :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Festy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:38 pm

GYBS wrote:Trying hard not to get to over confident - last time that happened was before the chelsea 1st leg when everyone was saying we would thump them etc - arsenal are in form and have their attacking players back - this game could go either way .

I don't fear any of the Gunners bar Fabregas. He's an exceptional player who's presence alone lifts the whole team. He has the ability to kill the game any moment with a sublime killer pass. (Even when the team is not playing well)
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby Judge » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:52 pm

thing is van persie is back on form now
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:54 pm

Judge wrote:ARE YOU SITTING ON THE FENCE AGAIN GYBS?

:p :D

more cautious judge - think we cna win it but dont want to get too ahead of myself when you look back at what people were saying before the chelsea match and what happened - you only have to look at their attacking players to see they are extremely talented - Fabregas,Adbayor,Walcott ,Arshavin etc
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:16 pm

If we play like we did against Chelsea at home in that 1st leg we will get beaten. This is the biggest game of the season now for us. Cannot even think about anything less than 3 points here.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:14 am

:censored:.

Steven Gerrard injury blow for Liverpool: England midfielder to miss Arsenal clash on Tuesday

Liverpool's title hopes were dealt a crushing blow last night when Steven Gerrard was ruled out of their next two games with a recurrence of his groin injury.

Gerrard missed Tuesday's Champions League quarter-final return with Chelsea due to suffering a reaction in training the previous evening.
Steven Gerrard warms up at Stamford Bridge

Steven Gerrard warms up at Stamford Bridge

He has been ordered to rest for the next week and will be unavailable for Tuesday's home game with Arsenal and the following Saturday's trip to Hull.

More...

* Liverpool fans rage at keeper 'dancing and joking' during Hillsborough memorial service
    * I'm coming back to Liverpool as Hertha Berlin can't afford me, reveals Voronin
    * LIVERPOOL FC NEWS FROM ACROSS THE WEB

A club spokesman said: 'In the training session before the Chelsea game, Steven unfortunately aggravated a small strain he had previously suffered in the adductor muscle.'

'A scan has since confirmed our medical team's initial diagnosis and the player is expected to be out for between seven and 10 days.

'In the meantime, Steven will continue to receive intensive treatment on the injury at Melwood.'

Meanwhile, Liverpool's Charles Itandje has been suspended for 14 days and will be offloaded at the earliest opportunity after 'inappropriate' conduct at this week's Hillsborough memorial service.

Manager Rafa Benitez and other senior Anfield officials are furious at television footage showing the goalkeeper, 26, laughing and simulating dance moves.

They will impose the maximum fine at their disposal, around £25,000. Sacking him may prove difficult but Benitez will do his utmost to remove him during the summer.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ken_job » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:18 am

Gutted abouty Stevie missing this one. Still think we'll win tho, confidence is high and the goals are flying in.

Go on the 'pool!
ken_job

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion