LIVERPOOL VS ARSENAL - 21st april 2009. anfield 8pm k/o

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:40 pm

Reg wrote:From what I see, Ure´s next game is a week on saturday whereas we play Arsenal next tuesday?

Saturday 25th April  15:00 Man Utd vs Tottenham

So Ure will go out to 2 games in hand after the Arsenal game.  I´d rather have the points TBH.

April fixtures

Liverpool (2) : Arsenal (h) 21/04, Hull (a) 25/04
Arsenal (4) : Villareal (h) 15/04, Chelsea (n) 18/04, Liverpool (a) 21/04, Middlesboro (h) 26/04
Man Utd (4) : Porto (a) 15/04, bitters (n), Portsmouth (h) 22/04, Tottenham (h) 25/04

Extra rest for us over our next opponents and the mancs, in fact the mancs have to play four games in 11 days while we have only two. Hopefully they will find tonight demanding if not unrewarding, extra time against the bitters would be nice and maybe they'll suffer an injury or two. The one thing they could suffer from is complacency, trying to rest key players while challenging on all fronts could cost them as it nearly has in recent weeks. Even though they have won a couple of league games, they were far from convincing and desperate to win as the games went on.

Arsenal are a good side, but without some key players they are as vulnerable as we can be sometimes. They're nine points behind us, but still in with a shout at TWO trophies that we're out of. I hope they stay in both cups and ease up in the league with a reasonable cushion to fifth and no great gain from pushing for third. Arsenal play all the teams above them between now and the end of the season, home games against Stoke and Boro will hopefully see them see off villa and confirm their fourth place.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:48 pm

filcombesacant wrote:we will win the league if we win this one

I was thinking the same

Obviously not true but still

This week could officially end our season if we lose to Arsenal
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Fauxy » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:58 pm

GOAT wrote:

I was thinking the same

This week could end our season  :laugh:  Ive been saying that every week for the last few months
Fauxy

Postby Madmax » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:00 pm

lets stuff these [email]B@stards...[/email] another four goals will do nice rafa.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:43 am

back to league business folks

we should not worry about the gooners, as we will win this match by a country mile :)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:45 am

Judge wrote:back to league business folks

we should not worry about the gooners, as we will win this match by a country mile :)

You cant win by country miles in football Judge...only goals count! :upside:  :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:47 am

If only we had Robbie Keane  :(

:D
SupitsJonF

Postby Judge » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:03 am

Number 9 wrote:
Judge wrote:back to league business folks

You cant win by country miles in football Judge...only goals count! :upside:  :D

:angry:  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:06 am

Fauxy wrote:
GOAT wrote:

I was thinking the same

This week could end our season  :laugh:  Ive been saying that every week for the last few months

OK lets change that from COULD end our season to it WILL end our season, it already half has
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Zidane » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:42 pm

No matter what happens I just wanna say this season has been great and the team has done well even though we didn't win anything.. yet.  I'm really worried about this game as you can tell, Arsenal are in top form with people coming back from injuries and are looking more like the Arsenal everyone thought they would see this season.  That said I still believe we'll win it! :O
Zidane

Postby lfcdude » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:50 pm

will be an even more difficult fixture cos Arsenal don't really have anything to play for in the league
lfcdude

Postby Judge » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:24 pm

Dundalk wrote:WHO GIVES A F*CK WHO STARTS THE THREAD

shut up loser :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:23 pm

lfcdude wrote:will be an even more difficult fixture cos Arsenal don't really have anything to play for in the league

why would that make it more difficult?

Surely they must play their best team at the weekend vs Chelsea and go for the cup. They might not be able to play their best team against us on such a quick turnaround.
JoeTerp

Postby aCe' » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:26 pm

we should win this one if Gerrard-Torres are playing... hopefully skrtel is nowhere near the starting 11 .. Why Hyypia doesnt get more playing time is beyond me.. hes been our best defender yet again and despite the lack of pace (nothing new here make no mistake about it) he hasnt done much wrong whenever called upon... offers alot going forward aswell...

Anyways... if we stay tight at the back and have Gerrard-Torres upfront then it shouldnt be much of a problem getting the 3 points here.... if Rafa decides to go all smarta$s yet again then i wouldnt be surprised if Arsenal get something outta the game and that would then be it for our season...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:16 pm

This is a good time to play Arsenal. A few major defensive injuries and they will be coming out hopefully a tough semi final against Chelsea. Arsenal are a good team but those things in mind coupled with the fact that our lot will have been resting all this time mean we have no excuse not to win this game. I don't know what the extent of Gerrards tweak was but I really hope he will be able to start this game.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion