LIVERPOOL VS ARSENAL - 21st april 2009. anfield 8pm k/o

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GYBS » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:07 pm

Yeah they maybe without some defensive players in gallas and clichy but they have players like fabregas , adebayor walcott and got arshavin playing well - this to me seems to be a bad time to play them when you look at their recent form .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:14 pm

imo they have the best attacking talent in the league.... Fabregas, Walcott, Nasri, Rosicky, Eduardo, RVP, Arshavin, Adebayor, even Bendtner the donkey can be useful sometimes...add the other midfielders (diabi, gonna become a monster in a few years) and the youngsters (Vela the lil kid who looks like Mido) ... a couple of signings and they will become a huge force in the league imo...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:20 pm

if they can get a decent cb and a couple of high quality defensive midfeilders they would be the team to beat in the league - if you added even just masher to their team they would be far stronger .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby das20093 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:38 pm

4 nil to liverpool and sort them badges out you idiot
das20093

Postby heimdall » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:06 pm

3-2 to us, very tight but exciting game.
heimdall

Postby Dundalk » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:17 pm

Next Tuesday's away fixture at Anfield will feature two mosaics in tribute to the Arsenal and Liverpool great, Ray Kennedy.

The Kop mosaic will feature a white number five on a red background while the visitors will raise a blue number ten on a yellow background to represent the shirt Ray wore in our Wembley victory against Liverpool in 1971. Next Tuesday's tribute is an opportunity to show how Ray is loved equally by both sets of fans.

Ray has struggled with Parkinson's Disease for over twenty years and lives alone in his native North East. His symptoms began as far back as his Arsenal days as one day he had difficulty in fastening his shirt buttons. He has since had to sell his medals and England caps to get by.

The Ray of Hope Appeal has been collecting funds since January 2008 and has started several initiatives with Arsenal fans including a fan's game. Thanks to your donations Ray now has a newly modernised bathroom to fit his needs. Ray still follows both teams and particularly admires Emmanuel Adebayor. The Appeal hope he will be well enough to visit Anfield for the big game.

There is a Paypal account set up for online donations - please pay all donations to [email]rayofhopeappeal@hotmail.co.uk.[/email] Alternatively, please pay direct contributions to:

The Ray of Hope Appeal
c/o HSBC account 21817299
sort-code 40-03-27
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby we all dream... » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:22 pm

Dundalk wrote:Next Tuesday's away fixture at Anfield will feature two mosaics in tribute to the Arsenal and Liverpool great, Ray Kennedy.

The Kop mosaic will feature a white number five on a red background while the visitors will raise a blue number ten on a yellow background to represent the shirt Ray wore in our Wembley victory against Liverpool in 1971. Next Tuesday's tribute is an opportunity to show how Ray is loved equally by both sets of fans.

Ray has struggled with Parkinson's Disease for over twenty years and lives alone in his native North East. His symptoms began as far back as his Arsenal days as one day he had difficulty in fastening his shirt buttons. He has since had to sell his medals and England caps to get by.

The Ray of Hope Appeal has been collecting funds since January 2008 and has started several initiatives with Arsenal fans including a fan's game. Thanks to your donations Ray now has a newly modernised bathroom to fit his needs. Ray still follows both teams and particularly admires Emmanuel Adebayor. The Appeal hope he will be well enough to visit Anfield for the big game.

There is a Paypal account set up for online donations - please pay all donations to [email=rayofhopeappeal@hotmail.co.uk.]rayofhopeappeal@hotmail.co.uk.[/email] Alternatively, please pay direct contributions to:

The Ray of Hope Appeal
c/o HSBC account 21817299
sort-code 40-03-27

I didn't know anything about this. The poor fella, that's a good tribute.

Cheers Dundalk.
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:16 am

aCe' wrote:imo they have the best attacking talent in the league.... Fabregas, Walcott, Nasri, Rosicky, Eduardo, RVP, Arshavin, Adebayor, even Bendtner the donkey can be useful sometimes...add the other midfielders (diabi, gonna become a monster in a few years) and the youngsters (Vela the lil kid who looks like Mido) ... a couple of signings and they will become a huge force in the league imo...

plus Ramsey and Wilshire if your talking about young attacking players.
JoeTerp

Postby aCe' » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:21 am

JoeTerp wrote:
aCe' wrote:imo they have the best attacking talent in the league.... Fabregas, Walcott, Nasri, Rosicky, Eduardo, RVP, Arshavin, Adebayor, even Bendtner the donkey can be useful sometimes...add the other midfielders (diabi, gonna become a monster in a few years) and the youngsters (Vela the lil kid who looks like Mido) ... a couple of signings and they will become a huge force in the league imo...

yea i left out quite a few was just trying to make a point... Like i said a couple of signings to sort out their problems at the back and theyll be a massive threat to the other top clubs around..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:33 am

aCe' wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:

yea i left out quite a few was just trying to make a point... Like i said a couple of signings to sort out their problems at the back and theyll be a massive threat to the other top clubs around..

I think you could also say that they are missing a bit of bite in midfield. If I were an Arsenal supporter I would want my team to look into Banega. He is young like the rest of the team, and similar to Denlison but with a bit more Mascherano to him. Plus Valencia need to sell.
JoeTerp

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:32 am

I was debating this game with my gunners mate last night and he reckons that with Arsenal pretty safe in 4th spot and unlikely to catch Chelsea that Arsenal will focus on the FA Cup and Champions League to the end of the season. Having not won anything for a good few years that makes sense.

Think Arsenal have serious defensive problems so we need to go at them from the start. Hopefully Gerrard will be fit.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby ox5 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:26 am

Got to win this, full stop. maybe the chav$ can do us a favour by running them ragged during the semi final game, maybe the'll pick up some more injuries, even thou they have had their full quota for this season! Agger goto start imho, wish i was going, but hey ho, 5 live it is:;):
LFC 4EVA
*pm me if you have any spare home tickets for me and daugter!!*
ox5

Postby destro » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:30 am

I hope they play their best team in EVERY league game ( after they play us ), United have them and City to play and to be honest if they are going to drop any points I would fancy it to be in those two games ???
destro

Postby tubby » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:31 am

Hopeully the semi will go to extra time and pens.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby freddies dead » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:50 am

god i need this game to come round - a weekend with no footy is no good
freddies dead

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion