Dirk kuyt - A discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:29 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
john craig wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
john craig wrote: I hate saying it because I appreciate the work he does for the team and he was obviously deployed in a deeper role by Benitez which quite clearly doesn't play to Kuyt's strengths.

I don't think Benitez would purposely play Kuyt out of position, he plays deep because he brings others into play and helps harry opposition midfielders unlike most strikers. He is a fantastic worker, he can score goals I just feel we are lacking in creativity from wide postions and a top striker to compliment him.

Personally mate, I think you're chatting complete nonsense if you think Kuyt was simply playing deep not because those were his instructions, but because it is his natural game.

He was an out-and-out striker for Feyenoord, not a withdrawn striker, thats why he scored so many goals over there.  He certainly didn't play as a withdrawn striker in the first half of last season so his instructions obviously changed.

I also agree with Stu, Kuyt doesn't attack enough balls in the box, especially in the 6-yard area.  He's not got the skill to be a playmaking 2nd striker in the mould of someone like Bergkamp so he's going to need to become more productive in the box if he's to be a success here.

In my view you are chatting nonsense too. He plays wherever the manager wants him to play.

At Feyenoord he played in a number of positions, even on the wing at times. He comes deep to help out when needed, that is part of his game. He is a centre forward by nature, just a very versatile one. The goals he scored at Feyenoord are not disimilar to the ones he has scored with us - he just hasn't scored as many. That cannot be put entirely down to him, he needs supply and the supply has not been great - especially the quality of it, not to mention it's only his first season in England. Drogba scored only 4 more in his first season - playing 6 more games than Kuyt - in a Chelsea side well in supply of top quality wingers.

Kuyt does attack balls, if you watch his games for Feyenoord you will clearly see that about half of his goals came from inside the box - and plenty were instinctive goals within the 6 yard box. He has got on the end of balls in the box for us, vs. Arsenal, Newcastle, Reading - he needs to do more of that I agree and if you watched him at Feyenoord you will know he is more than capable of doing so. He scores a range of different goals, because he is a very versatile player. He just needs to do more of it and with better players next year and less rotation I think he will.

You remind me of a chap called AB who used to post on here.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:31 pm

You remind me of a chap called Englebert Humperdinck who I used to know  :nod
LFC2007

Postby Sabre » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:47 pm

No, Ab's current nickname here is EdASilva :D But he doesn't post here as of late. I liked AB's contribution, to be honest.

LFC2007, IMHO John Craig's contribution is great, I think you can be very good for this forum too, but don't start dialectic fights everytime they tell you something you write is bóllocks.

Sometimes it's just nice to state your opinion, and shrug if they tell you that. :p
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:07 pm

Sabre, that's the mod in you coming out. If someone has called my opinion nonsense I'm entitled to reply and put my point across. I'd rather have a dialectic argument rather than a p!ssing contest.
LFC2007

Postby stoney » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:15 pm

AB - tumbleweed :D
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:21 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
john craig wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
john craig wrote: I hate saying it because I appreciate the work he does for the team and he was obviously deployed in a deeper role by Benitez which quite clearly doesn't play to Kuyt's strengths.

I don't think Benitez would purposely play Kuyt out of position, he plays deep because he brings others into play and helps harry opposition midfielders unlike most strikers. He is a fantastic worker, he can score goals I just feel we are lacking in creativity from wide postions and a top striker to compliment him.

Personally mate, I think you're chatting complete nonsense if you think Kuyt was simply playing deep not because those were his instructions, but because it is his natural game.

He was an out-and-out striker for Feyenoord, not a withdrawn striker, thats why he scored so many goals over there.  He certainly didn't play as a withdrawn striker in the first half of last season so his instructions obviously changed.

I also agree with Stu, Kuyt doesn't attack enough balls in the box, especially in the 6-yard area.  He's not got the skill to be a playmaking 2nd striker in the mould of someone like Bergkamp so he's going to need to become more productive in the box if he's to be a success here.

In my view you are chatting nonsense too. He plays wherever the manager wants him to play.

At Feyenoord he played in a number of positions, even on the wing at times. He comes deep to help out when needed, that is part of his game. He is a centre forward by nature, just a very versatile one. The goals he scored at Feyenoord are not disimilar to the ones he has scored with us - he just hasn't scored as many. That cannot be put entirely down to him, he needs supply and the supply has not been great - especially the quality of it, not to mention it's only his first season in England. Drogba scored only 4 more in his first season - playing 6 more games than Kuyt - in a Chelsea side well in supply of top quality wingers.

Kuyt does attack balls, if you watch his games for Feyenoord you will clearly see that about half of his goals came from inside the box - and plenty were instinctive goals within the 6 yard box. He has got on the end of balls in the box for us, vs. Arsenal, Newcastle, Reading - he needs to do more of that I agree and if you watched him at Feyenoord you will know he is more than capable of doing so. He scores a range of different goals, because he is a very versatile player. He just needs to do more of it and with better players next year and less rotation I think he will.

Maybe the reason he doesn't score the same amount of goals over here is because the standard of defending is alot better and therefore he's still anticipating the balls exactly the same as he was in Holland, just that the defenders here see it earlier than the defenders in Holland and deal with it earlier.

You completely fail to mention that point in your arguement which is a more than valid point.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu.Murph » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:23 pm

john craig wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
john craig wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

Funny that, I thought exactly the same thing, yet this :censored: more clueless and more arguementative... and thats saying something... ???
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:28 pm

LFC2007 wrote:Sabre, that's the mod in you coming out. If someone has called my opinion nonsense I'm entitled to reply and put my point across. I'd rather have a dialectic argument rather than a p!ssing contest.

Nah, mate, I have a history of trying to avoid fights between posters that I want  they just contribute about footie. Because I think it's better for football discussion.

Now, I haven't read the last posts, but I can only predict yet another spat  :down: Sometimes it's fun, but football is better.

I think there should be some sort of Arena for the fights and keep talking about footie everywhere else, but the idea didn't work and Stu got 4 cards, and CIggy one  :)
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:30 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:Maybe the reason he doesn't score the same amount of goals over here is because the standard of defending is alot better and therefore he's still anticipating the balls exactly the same as he was in Holland, just that the defenders here see it earlier than the defenders in Holland and deal with it earlier.

You completely fail to mention that point in your arguement which is a more than valid point.

I agree with that, If you read between the lines that is what I am saying hecne why I said "he needs to do more of it". He can still improve his sharpness, with a complete pre-season without world cup duty and with the experience of one season in the EPL behind him then I think he will be more adept at attacking more balls in the box. The defending in the EPL is of a much higher standard than in the Eredivise You could say the same about Schevchenko and his overall sharpness, the pace and tempo in Italy is slower than in England, maybe next season if he is still at Chelsea he may be able to show what he did at Milan. The standard of defending in Ligue 1 is worse than the EPL, that could also be the reason why Drogba had a poor first season, his anticipation and sharpness was not as adept.
LFC2007

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:34 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:Funny that, I thought exactly the same thing, yet this :censored: more clueless and more arguementative... and thats saying something... ???

Is it any wonder you get banned time after time?
LFC2007

Postby Stu.Murph » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:50 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:Funny that, I thought exactly the same thing, yet this :censored: more clueless and more arguementative... and thats saying something... ???

What does that have to do with the price of fish?

You're a big boy. Stop crying.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:52 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

What does that have to do with the price of fish?

You're a big boy. Stop crying.

:sleep
LFC2007

Postby 109-1182120412 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:05 am

Kopboyau wrote:
mastercall wrote:I think he's utterly useless up front. Time to sell and get in a decent center forward.

Ever watched a Liverpool game ??

No, I've never seen a game in my life, heh.

Maybe you can come up with reasons why he is good, instead of asking me if I've seen a game. Seems that most of you use that comeback line quite a bit here.

Fact of the matter is, he's terrible at holding the ball up. He never reads the game well, and he never makes any intelligent forward runs. He's always missing the ball and seems to need direct service before he can even make a short.

For a dutch forward that did so well before he came here, he's just terrible. Crouch should be given a place over this guy but Rafa refuses to even do that.

I rate the mighty Crouch higher.
109-1182120412

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:37 am

mastercall wrote:I rate the mighty Crouch higher.

7 inches higher  :D
LFC2007

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:53 am

mastercall wrote:
Kopboyau wrote:
mastercall wrote:I think he's utterly useless up front. Time to sell and get in a decent center forward.

Ever watched a Liverpool game ??

No, I've never seen a game in my life, heh.

Maybe you can come up with reasons why he is good, instead of asking me if I've seen a game. Seems that most of you use that comeback line quite a bit here.

Fact of the matter is, he's terrible at holding the ball up. He never reads the game well, and he never makes any intelligent forward runs. He's always missing the ball and seems to need direct service before he can even make a short.

For a dutch forward that did so well before he came here, he's just terrible. Crouch should be given a place over this guy but Rafa refuses to even do that.

I rate the mighty Crouch higher.

Kut works his absolut socks off for this team, i firmly believe that come next season he will establish himself as one of the Prems best.

His technique is sublime, so once he's used to the prem (remember it took drogba time) he'll be great.

I'm sorry mastercall but i don't think i can take anything you say seriously seeing as in a previous thread you stated with no hint of sarcasm that youd like Sven to be the liverpool boss

LMAO

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion