Dirk kuyt - Peace everyone

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:55 am

Shockin today absolutly shockin,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:32 am

Poor old Dirk. When he's bad, he's properly bad and he was properly bad against Reading. The one that summed him up for me was first half when he gets put it, he has Aurelio screaming for it on his left. He half considers going it alone and hitting it, but his confidence being what it is it was never really on, besides which his first touch didn't really set it properly. So he considers for a moment before passing to Aurelio. Unfortunately he overhits the pass by 30% and Aurelio has to run round it, catch up with it first before he can hit it. It's not so much set up for him as toe poked in his general direction.

The effect of the consideration which took a crucial fraction of a second, then the delivery which was poorly executed, is that Aurelio not only can't just take it in his stride but his angle is appreciably worse as well. The result? The inevitable screwed shot and it goes in at half time 1-1 not 2-1. On the smallest of margins etc.

If you have too many average players, you'll have too many average results.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:04 am

Derek is going to cost Rafa his job Im afraid to say, continuing to play such a sh!te player because Rafa has no faith in the left backs is costing us dearly, its like hes on an escalator going the wrong way same goes for two right backs and two holding midfielders.
fecking dog sh!te.
Last edited by Ciggy on Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby made in UK » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:18 am

Peewee was right, Dirk Kuyt is an awful footballer. But most people know that and the mind boggles as to why he commands a place in the team every week. Oh thats right..... 'He runs around alot'  :no
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:19 am

I think some on here must be watching with blinkers on, predetermined "Kuyt played badly" in their mindsets. Kuyt was about our best player first half,  his first touch was good, his crossing was good, he created most of our chances and deserves an assist for the goal. He was a lot more subdued second half, but then we did revert to hoofball too much, gave possession away in our own half and barely played a midfield as such.

Now if you want to criticise players, try the left side and Skrtel. Insua gave away the needless free-kick as he was beaten too often by his man, neither Darby nor Lucas dealt with the cross to the far post and Skrtel allowed the goalscorer between him and the ball and a clear shot on goal, not that Reina dealt very well with the situation

:no to those criticising Kuyt for yesterday, bunch of f in peewees :no
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:24 am

It was shambolic last night from most of the team, so we cannot single out Kuyt.
However, his touch on that late breakaway yesterday sums him up, he isn't a natural footballer at all and his first touch at times is dreadful.
He relies on hard work and sorry that isn't enough.

The one thing I would say is enough is enough on him playing right side, either play him up front or don't play him at all.

We need quality on the right side of midfield and we haven't had it at all under Benitez.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby made in UK » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:24 am

I don't understand your love affair with such an average player yet you constantly critised players like Crouch and Keane and other decent players we've had.
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:34 am

Johnny Boy wrote:However, his touch on that late breakaway yesterday sums him up, he isn't a natural footballer at all and his first touch at times is dreadful.

So you didn't watch the first half and base your match assessment of him on a late breakaway? Sure he had one dreadful touch where he was trying to accelerate quickly on the counter and over-ran the ball, but he had a much better game than that all-round. Single out everyone's worst moment or two and people would be slating them as much as Kuyt.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:41 am

made in UK wrote:I don't understand your love affair with such an average player yet you constantly critised players like Crouch and Keane and other decent players we've had.

You mean "miss easy shots" Keane and long ball tactic Crouch. Crouch scored against rubbish sides, I never said he was rubbish just not good enough for us.

And I don't have a "love affair" with Kuyt, he is a better player than most on here give him credit for. The problem is people keep using the same criticisms even when he had a (relatively) good game compared to the rest. His first touch in the first half was good, as was his movement and crossing. He created openings that were squandered, ok his pull back was a bit behind Torres but was blasted off target when it reached Aurelio (?) in the clear. He made the goal with his well timed run, didn't constantly get caught offside like Torres.

Sure he had a poor(er) second half, most players in the "midfield" did as it evaporated and/or was bypassed. Besides benefit from Kuyt's run/assist and his shot going in, what did Gerrard do? Or Torres for that matter, most of the rest of the attack wanted too long on the ball and conceded possession or goal-kicks.

I don't bother defending Kuyt so much these days as most will say the same things about him whether true or not, but the fact remains he most certainly doesn't deserve all the :censored: :censored: people are giving him based on yesterday's show. So by default you and the others must be having a c_ocksucking fest off Gerrard, Benayoun, Aquilani and Torres because when did you last say a bad thing about their performances? All were substandard yesterday, apart from the goal Gerrard might as well not have been on the pitch. Worry more that your precious Gerrard and Torres have already decided they're on the first plane to 'sunnier' climes
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:43 am

Owzat wrote:
Johnny Boy wrote:However, his touch on that late breakaway yesterday sums him up, he isn't a natural footballer at all and his first touch at times is dreadful.

So you didn't watch the first half and base your match assessment of him on a late breakaway? Sure he had one dreadful touch where he was trying to accelerate quickly on the counter and over-ran the ball, but he had a much better game than that all-round. Single out everyone's worst moment or two and people would be slating them as much as Kuyt.

I watched the whole game and thought he was poor.
A few times in the first half, like some of his team mates, he just hoofed the ball aimlessly.
Just because others were worse doesn't mean the guy had a good game.

Just my opinion - I do feel he should be played up front, I have had enough of Benitez and the fact we still do not have a genuine wide right player in the side.
The fact he hasn't sorted that problem out isn't Kuyt's fault - I just do not think he is good enough though.

Pointless comment but he wouldn't get anywhere near Utds, Chelsea or City's team. The manager has to take part of the blame and the fact he still hasn't brought qwality to the right is baffling to say the least.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby made in UK » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:52 am

Owzat wrote:
made in UK wrote:I don't understand your love affair with such an average player yet you constantly critised players like Crouch and Keane and other decent players we've had.

You mean "miss easy shots" Keane and long ball tactic Crouch. Crouch scored against rubbish sides, I never said he was rubbish just not good enough for us.

And I don't have a "love affair" with Kuyt, he is a better player than most on here give him credit for. The problem is people keep using the same criticisms even when he had a (relatively) good game compared to the rest. His first touch in the first half was good, as was his movement and crossing. He created openings that were squandered, ok his pull back was a bit behind Torres but was blasted off target when it reached Aurelio (?) in the clear. He made the goal with his well timed run, didn't constantly get caught offside like Torres.

Sure he had a poor(er) second half, most players in the "midfield" did as it evaporated and/or was bypassed. Besides benefit from Kuyt's run/assist and his shot going in, what did Gerrard do? Or Torres for that matter, most of the rest of the attack wanted too long on the ball and conceded possession or goal-kicks.

I don't bother defending Kuyt so much these days as most will say the same things about him whether true or not, but the fact remains he most certainly doesn't deserve all the :censored: :censored: people are giving him based on yesterday's show. So by default you and the others must be having a c_ocksucking fest off Gerrard, Benayoun, Aquilani and Torres because when did you last say a bad thing about their performances? All were substandard yesterday, apart from the goal Gerrard might as well not have been on the pitch. Worry more that your precious Gerrard and Torres have already decided they're on the first plane to 'sunnier' climes

He's been poor all season though and 45mins of football from yesterday hardly makes it a summer.

If you think he's done a decent job this season, we'll end the discussion now and agree to disagree.

Oh and BTW about the "co-cksucking fest" and said players I haven't gotten carried away not at all. Not as much as you have about Kuyt so I'll let you carry on licking edam off helmet.
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:55 pm

metalhead wrote:Kuyt was rubbish again today, the times he lost the ball just frustrated me, the sooner he is dropped the better, not  good enough to play in our team

Kuyt has always been average....he cant be anything else, there is only Rafa who wont, or cant see it....thats why we end up with second rate players in all departments whom Rafa insists on playing week in, week out. Sack Rafa and take the deadwood with him!. :nod
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:23 pm

Kuyt has consistently received the same criticism from day one: he is not good enough
Of course his supporters will say: "he works his socks off for the team" and rightly so. But is that what it takes nowdays to be the first on the team sheet at Liverpool Football Club? Is that how this time in our history will be remembered "He was :censored: but he worked his socks off"?
Very, very sad.
Kuyt is about the most honest, genuinly nice person who has ever pulled on a red shirt. But justification for him being in the squad never mind first on the team sheet is indefensible, and for me shows the "Rafalution" in all its painful glory.
Kuty and Lucas are the epitome of Rafas "type" of player. Any flair player he inherited or bought has been either offloaded or suppressed so that they too become "hard-working".
He has, with his tactics and formations, totally took any fluidity out of the side and everything is laboured and squashed through the middle or lobbed over the top. Even :censored: teams can see this and use it successfully against us.
A player like Kuyt is the last thing you need when you are struggling. The runaway he had in the second half which ended up being kicked to their player was the top hat for him yesterday. I believe he saps the energy and commitment of the better players so that they lose the will to try. If I was playing alongside him I wouldnt pass to him at all for fear that he would inevitably fu'ck it up.
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:25 pm

this "striker" is a joke and clearly needs to be sold. Benayoun and Riera on the wings, Gerrard behind Torres and Aquilani and Mash in midfield, with the Italian and Gerrard switching roles as and when. we do not need any beachballs like Kuyt!
maypaxvobiscum

Postby roberto green » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:35 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:this "striker" is a joke and clearly needs to be sold. Benayoun and Riera on the wings, Gerrard behind Torres and Aquilani and Mash in midfield, with the Italian and Gerrard switching roles as and when. we do not need any beachballs like Kuyt!

Could'nt of put it better myelf

:nod
roberto green

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion