Sell but only if a big (£10m) offer comes in
9%
Give him another season
27%
Keep playing him until he scores
5%

Total votes : 139

Postby cornetto1 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:27 pm

I think Kuyt only gets so much criticism because of his poor goal ratio, but lets face it, your more likely to see kuyt in around the centre circle rather than in the box. He's used for his work rate more than anything, which comes in very useful in games like away in europe, but in the premiership he doesnt fill me with much confidence.

I actually think the current formation is unbalanced by kuyt. With babel on the left he drives in and towards the box, something which kuyt doesnt do and does not possess the speed, skill or ability to drive in and beat players like babel can. I think if we're going to stick playing with the 4-2-3-1 we need to go for an attackin minded speedy player in the mould of babel for someone to fill in kuyts role on the right.

Kuyt seems like a decent guy who really does put the effort in and plays for the shirt, and i admire him for it but with the lack of ability i'm afraid he's never gonna be what we need in that position.
cornetto1

Postby staceykelly » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:32 pm

Get rid,Get rid.Hard worker but thats not enough.Its goals we want.:O
staceykelly

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:19 pm

jedwards wrote: ??? :D
Kuyt is compared to have energy like horses, that it can be true, but in Kuyt's case there is no end products, he lacks badly the skill and touch of any above average forward player, he is no winger, can not cross the ball, and for his shooting on goal is awful, can not pass, no link play, and up above all he lacks football intelligence or sense like Riise, top athletes, but empty box.

It is a disgrace to see Kuyt get selected ahead of Crouch, Babel, or even Benayoun and Leiva, but only for clever Rafa !!!!!!!.

He and Voronin, are worst forwards players that LFC had ever employed over the past 10 years of our beloved LFC's history, It is a total disgrace and very shameful. NO THANKS TO RAFA, I sincerely hope we can get rid of this idiot of a manager, and just let us see how he would perform over the next four games!!!, he has already failed the first one on Sunday.

:no What a WUM , well the useless manager did well eh , won a champions league in his first season , won a Fa cup , remind me again how did ferguson do in his first 2 season? It's a disgrace that you can call yourself a Lfc fan
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:20 pm

heimdall wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:Come on lads, get off his back, its only his second season. He'll do a Drogba when he settles into our style of play and all of a sudden become world class and learn how to pass, head, run and finish.

Give him time, he needs time to adapt, he's a foreign player.

Please tell me you are being sarcastic, he's getting worse every season not better, it is a joke why Rafa picks him instead of Crouch for every damned match.

He is being sarcastic  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:23 pm

heimdall wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:Come on lads, get off his back, its only his second season. He'll do a Drogba when he settles into our style of play and all of a sudden become world class and learn how to pass, head, run and finish.

Please tell me you are being sarcastic, he's getting worse every season not better, it is a joke why Rafa picks him instead of Crouch for every damned match.

It's also a joke when crouch has 10 chances and misses all . Kuyt defends and does a good job on the wing , crouch is a libilaity and needs some one to pass the ball to him so that he can miss , take a look at the games he played this season and see how many he missed , yes he got a goal against villa so what? He has missed numerous chances also
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:26 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
heimdall wrote:

It's also a joke when crouch has 10 chances and misses all . Kuyt defends and does a good job on the wing , crouch is a libilaity and needs some one to pass the ball to him so that he can miss , take a look at the games he played this season and see how many he missed , yes he got a goal against villa so what? He has missed numerous chances also

yeah, but at least crouch attempts goal more regularly (when played of course), than kuyt, and has the opportunity to miss, whereas kuyt doesnt even get a shot away to actually miss

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:16 pm

azhan00 wrote:don't think everton will ever sell him to liverpool :D

Wave £7m+ at them, they're only a small club and aren't yet at the stage where they can spend, spend, spend without getting cash from somewhere. It's not like they're getting regular Champions League money or anyone would pay to televise them (very often)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:16 pm

Judge wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
heimdall wrote:

yeah, but at least crouch attempts goal more regularly (when played of course), than kuyt, and has the opportunity to miss, whereas kuyt doesnt even get a shot away to actually miss

and crouch can score bicycle kicks too  :p
kuyt..... :sniffle
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:44 pm

Judge wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
heimdall wrote:

well i rather see him not miss then actually miss as it just fustrates me more and shows me how much more useless crouch is compared to kuyt and kuyt can fit into our current formation , can  u see a lanky crouch is his position running at a snail's pace and crossing a ball?
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flamingpoe » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:46 am

i dont know why rafa has so much faith in kuyt, he was, is and will be rubbish, our team is looking more and more of a joke to me, you see man united getting like 75mil for ronaldo, chelsea getting players like bosingwa.....who looks brilliant and david villa and players like that, arsenal mayb getting samir nasri, and what do we get players of crappy quality resigning with us, as alot of my elders always used to say to me when i was 16 PULL OUR FINGERS OUT!

rafa needs to sign some 1 good not stunningly brilliant, but good allround players for like 10 - 15m look at some of the transfers that have already turned up in the premiership, like luka modric.......croatian player of the season in my eyes going to terrible totenham, and also to rub it in they get the barca wonderkid gio dos santos, next we have newcastle and everton, rubish teams that aint as good as us and who are they being linked with?, arshavin mayb, surprise surprise we aint linked with him anymore, need i go on........i think you will all agree with me when i say rafa needs to sort himself out, we have a decent team, the name, the support, and supposedly 2 rich americans, who are supposedly turning down offers from dic, who would more than likely, as theyre chairman sheikh mo wud put it, make this football club the greatest in the world, carlsberg joke about it and the shame is we could be serious about it!!!
right now im gonna stop gettin annoyed........the doctor said it wasn't good for me :P
peace, love and respect to everyone who supports liverpool!
poe
ps bet you we keep the terrible dutchman here another season, where he will be rubbish yet again
flamingpoe

Postby Owzat » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:57 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:and crouch can score bicycle kicks too  :p
kuyt..... :sniffle

Quick tell Rafa that Crouch CAN score bicycle kicks, he obviously didn't realise that and should go back to £15m price tag or even £20m. In fact, did Torres score a bicycle kick last season? If not then we should sell him immediately for £5m and put Crouch back where he belongs up front.

And whisper that nugget of information in Fabio's ear, the reason we didn't qualify for the Euros was no Crouch up front.

???
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion