Dirk kuyt - I know it's early but........

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Graeme Noble » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:47 pm

The good thing about Kuyt is that in every game he plays, he looks as if he is going to score. Not only that but his work-rate is sublime and plays balls in for other players.

I still think the Kuyt/Bellamy partnership is the best one, and sooner or later Bellamy will be hitting his peak along with Dirk :D
Graeme Noble

Postby davo_LFC » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:20 pm

yer, dirky is looking quite some player isnt he? brilliant touch,awareness, power...hes got everything you could want from a striker and looks to be a very good finisher and hes no slow coach either. He never seems to lose the ball, he looks like hes gonna be a great player for us and 2 in 3 is a boss start to his anfield career, highly impressive so far.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby mighty mo » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:03 pm

highly impressed,workrate,technique,power,stamina and the eye for goal,just glad he is playing for us :buttrock
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:08 pm

i think he is ace , he gives 110% all the time and his movement and awareness is phoenominal , well played kuyt lets not forget that he is still new and ajusting to this league .

TAKE A BOW SON
Kopite-Jud

Postby Kopite-Jud » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:11 pm

he has just arrived in this league put it this way aswell he is doing far far more than 35 million pound shevchenko
Kopite-Jud

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:15 pm

Dirk Kuyt seems to have the one thing training, practise and money cant buy... CHARACTER. He seems the perfect team player, willing to run all day,track back and chase lost causes. When you think of Cisse's attitude when a pass was overhit it really puts things in perspective.
account deleted by request

Postby anti-hero » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:19 pm

It is now understandable why Feyenoord fans loved him.

His workrate is something of a rarity.. found in players. Could very much be that beacon of light that everybody looks to when the chips are down.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby scouser 'til I die » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:05 pm

hes got the most important characteristics that any world class player must have, passion and determination, the guy looks like hes runnin on hot coal because hes from a to b in a flash and i love that in a player, unratable stamina. his finishin is superb as we seen against spurs recently, the finish was unstoppable imo, hes got passion for the club as u can clearly see it on the pitch, great signin rafa, uve done it again (which is more i can say about houllier) :D :laugh:

You'll Never Walk Alone
scouser 'til I die

Postby Kuyt for President! » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:29 am

Yes that's our Dirk...well it's your Dirk now (and I'm fine with that!)

I'm coming to Liverpool in april or may with a fellow Feyenoord/Liverpool/Kuyt fan.
Can someone please tell me the best way to get tickets for Anfield?
Kuyt for President!

Postby Rafa D » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:44 am

Kuyt for President! wrote:Yes that's our Dirk...well it's your Dirk now (and I'm fine with that!)

I'm coming to Liverpool in april or may with a fellow Feyenoord/Liverpool/Kuyt fan.
Can someone please tell me the best way to get tickets for Anfield?

Leon can sort you out with the tickets mate, and he is also good mates with Fowler so might be able to sit on the subs bench.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:46 am

In all seriousness , if you have the dates your coming, and what match you want to go to, I will sort you out some tickets.

stevedoddmr@hotmail.co.uk
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:13 pm

red37 wrote:or the next dalglish....... :bowdown  (calm down red!)  :D

like i said in another topic, the spine of a great liverpool side is emerging...you can sense it!!!

Just watching him brother-he reminds me a lot of Dalglish. Ok maybe not as skillful YET , but hes not a kick n the ar.se off. He has the turn and power shot and same kind of pace and movement- and real strength. I think hes gonna be here a very long time.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:47 pm

s@int wrote:Dirk Kuyt seems to have the one thing training, practise and money cant buy... CHARACTER. He seems the perfect team player, willing to run all day,track back and chase lost causes. When you think of Cisse's attitude when a pass was overhit it really puts things in perspective.

Spot on mate.... I agree completely.... I wasn't too sure bout him initially beacause I'd never seen him in action before as you can't get the Dutch League where I am at the mo.... All I had to go on was his performance in the WC and tbh, I wasn't too impressed.

Watching him in the Red of Liverpool, I'm damn glad we got him.... excellent work rate, looks a right team player, hunger, determination, ability on the ball, good with both feet, quickness etc etc etc....

But as you say, the one thing I've been most impressed with is his attitude.... seemed to have won over the team and the Kop in the few games he's played... Article you posted on earlier on his off-field activities and down to earth nature is also good to hear.... These are the kind of players we should be signing.... Proud to say his a liverpudlian now....

Only one negative thing (not from me though!!!).... Me missus thinks the camel out back looks better.... !  :D
ConnO'var

Postby CardinalRed » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:24 pm

On Sky's "Goals On Sunday" this morning, Alan Pardew said that what he'd seen of Kuyt so far led him to believe he will be right up there for Player Of The Season this year.....

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:38 pm

CardinalRed wrote:On Sky's "Goals On Sunday" this morning, Alan Pardew said that what he'd seen of Kuyt so far led him to believe he will be right up there for Player Of The Season this year.....

:cool:

Was just about to post something about that, Pardew said he was speaking to Jol this week and Jol was saying what a player Kuyt was...not only as a goalscorer but also linking with the midfield, Pardew thinks he could be in with a shout for player of the season, i rate the West Ham managers opinion, and based on what i have seen so far Kuyt looks to have a bit of everything to his game.
One major plus is the passion and desire he shows every time he has pulled on the red shirt.
Obviously Rafa will continue to rotate the strikers but i hope he starts Kuyt as often as possible...as the lad looks a genuine 20+ goals a season player.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion