Dirk kuyt - I know it's early but........

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby alessandromagno » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:54 pm

Well worth the wait!
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:11 pm

Kuyt really is something and once again the manager has proved that when he goes in really big for a player (by our standards) he gets it right. Kuyt was big money for us, but he's definately worth every single penny. I'd actually go as far as saying that in todays market if the 9 million pounds figure is to be believed, we have absolutely stolen him.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:53 pm

i can see a cross between Robbie aka 97/98 and Ray Houghton in him.His world cup displays found me wanting but he is winning me over.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:06 am

God call Phil.

TBH, I don't care if he falls on his a*se for Holland.

Just as long as he does the business for us. :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:05 pm

Probably the best "signed" striker the club has seen for over a decade. His finishing power is unreal.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Red H » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:10 pm

I wonder what odds you could get on him for 20+ or even to gola scorer ?
Red H

Postby metalhead » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:00 pm

ConnO'var wrote:
s@int wrote:Dirk Kuyt seems to have the one thing training, practise and money cant buy... CHARACTER. He seems the perfect team player, willing to run all day,track back and chase lost causes. When you think of Cisse's attitude when a pass was overhit it really puts things in perspective.

Spot on mate.... I agree completely.... I wasn't too sure bout him initially beacause I'd never seen him in action before as you can't get the Dutch League where I am at the mo.... All I had to go on was his performance in the WC and tbh, I wasn't too impressed.

Watching him in the Red of Liverpool, I'm damn glad we got him.... excellent work rate, looks a right team player, hunger, determination, ability on the ball, good with both feet, quickness etc etc etc....

But as you say, the one thing I've been most impressed with is his attitude.... seemed to have won over the team and the Kop in the few games he's played... Article you posted on earlier on his off-field activities and down to earth nature is also good to hear.... These are the kind of players we should be signing.... Proud to say his a liverpudlian now....

Only one negative thing (not from me though!!!).... Me missus thinks the camel out back looks better.... !  :D

Exactly.. That is what I said before we signed him. He is an excellent team player and he will not only score goals but he will create some too.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:36 pm

im convinced the chap is the "missing link" if you will

when you looked at our teams down the past 10 years, the times when we`ve went to sign the NEW striker, the final piece, they`ve never been the right character, forget footballing ability for 1 minute,

collymore first, no doubt the guy has all the talent in the world, but a troubled individual

then Diouf, :censored: Diouf, again ,like any other footballer he must have talent, but just not the right mentality, never mind the right mentality, the fella is a class a :censored:!!!

next, cisse, not the right mentality, and unfortunetly didnt have the talent either,

rafas first crack at the final piece in the 15 year jigsaw, just look at the man, immense talent, a hunger to play football that ive rarely seen matched on a football pitch, all these factors and more make Kuyt the right man for the job, he`s not a premadonna, a stuck up footballer with no brains bar the ones in his flute, this fella is just someone that LOVES to play football,
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby alessandromagno » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:13 pm

Pity that Ged got rid of RF when he was still in his prime--would have scored an extra 100 goals for the club.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:56 pm

alessandromagno wrote:Pity that Ged got rid of RF when he was still in his prime--would have scored an extra 100 goals for the club.

I think that it was good business we got about 10 million for Fowler who was struggling for form and fitness and got him back 5 years later for free, and after the way he came back, for him to have been wanted again by the club he is hungrier than ever.
We got the best out of it all round.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion