New striker in jan? - How abt dirk kuyt?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby MilitiaRusher » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:07 am

In my opinion, buying a striker come the January transfer window is not the biggest priority at all, regardless of where Cisse will be come the end of the transfer window. Rafa's priority is known to be after a pacey right winger followed by a center back. We desperately need a decent back up (NOT Josemi and Traore) for our ever solid Carragher and Hyypia, while we need an pacey out-and-out winger to provide the quality crosses into the box.

Back to the topic, if Cisse really does leave, I am thinking we can wait for the summer before splashing 10+ million on a very good striker. This is because we have Garcia/Kewell capable of playing in the support striker role with Crouch/Morientes/Sinama-Pongolle, good enough for the striking department, although I have doubts on any of the above being a regular goal scorer (that's where Cisse somewhat fits in, albeit his abysmal finishing). And depending on our end of season results and budget, I'll leave my opinion on who we should really purchase until we're actually known to be desperately looking for one.

If let's say Cisse really does leave, as well as Dudek, and that we signed a right winger (Simao) and a new center back, this will be the starting eleven that I will be looking forward to, barring any injuries and suspension:

Reina

Finnan  Carragher  Hyypia/New CB  Riise

Simao  Gerrard  Alonso  Kewell

Garcia  Crouch

SUBS: Carson, Zenden, Hamann, Morientes, Sinama-Pongolle.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:59 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:In my opinion, buying a striker come the January transfer window is not the biggest priority at all, regardless of where Cisse will be come the end of the transfer window. Rafa's priority is known to be after a pacey right winger followed by a center back. We desperately need a decent back up (NOT Josemi and Traore) for our ever solid Carragher and Hyypia, while we need an pacey out-and-out winger to provide the quality crosses into the box.

Back to the topic, if Cisse really does leave, I am thinking we can wait for the summer before splashing 10+ million on a very good striker. This is because we have Garcia/Kewell capable of playing in the support striker role with Crouch/Morientes/Sinama-Pongolle, good enough for the striking department, although I have doubts on any of the above being a regular goal scorer (that's where Cisse somewhat fits in, albeit his abysmal finishing). And depending on our end of season results and budget, I'll leave my opinion on who we should really purchase until we're actually known to be desperately looking for one.

If let's say Cisse really does leave, as well as Dudek, and that we signed a right winger (Simao) and a new center back, this will be the starting eleven that I will be looking forward to, barring any injuries and suspension:

Reina

Garcia  Crouch

i know we have other priorities before we get a striker (see my starting post). and i said that other names are also welcome...but all i get is adriano!!(mad who suggested) and larsson who are both unlikely 2 leave their respective clubs....
  here's two other strikers to think abt
1)The tall Udinese striker....(dont know name_) but looks class and is a goal scorer.

2)The brazilian CSKA Moscow striker...played really well against us in Super Cup final.

3)robbie keane...unhappy at spurs(though short tempered at times and has a reputation of being a troublemaker)

any other names come 2 mind??
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby AussieKopite » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:50 pm

What does everyone think of Anton Ferdinand as a possibility to be understudy to Carra and Hyypia? If we keep him away from the dope he should be okay. He seems to be a solid defender at the moment. Couldn't imagine that the transfer fee would be too high for him either.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:14 pm

AussieKopite wrote:What does everyone think of Anton Ferdinand as a possibility to be understudy to Carra and Hyypia? If we keep him away from the dope he should be okay. He seems to be a solid defender at the moment. Couldn't imagine that the transfer fee would be too high for him either.

Good shout, but trust me, I don't think the fee would be that low. Not only is he English, he is the brother of one of the most over-rated cb's in English football. Could well be about 9mill if not more. Im probably being generous.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:23 pm

wrighty (not mark!) wrote:
primodua wrote:
Lionheart wrote:Well IMO Cisse will be on his way come January so we will need a proven striker...? ???

make no mistake mate...he won't be out in jan as he's cup tied. Only fools (sorry mr. benitez) buy cup tied players b4 the end of a season.
Kuyt or no kuyt...we'll be getting somebody like joaqin...or himself..but i just don't see that cisse will be out in couple of weeks time. We just don't have enough strikers to play around with, let alone having someone fresh into the team. Let me remind you that we are on a streak here.

In all fairness, you're not a fool in buying a cup-tied player because the price will be considerably lower and reduces the chance of you getting ripped off for a player who isn't cup-tied.

Is Larsson fit? and is he getting games? Just thinking of a loan-move for him.

Larsson has scored a goal every 38minutes while playing for Barcelona. I can't understand why he doesn't get to start before Giuly.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:24 pm

redsince2001 wrote:
MilitiaRusher wrote:In my opinion, buying a striker come the January transfer window is not the biggest priority at all, regardless of where Cisse will be come the end of the transfer window. Rafa's priority is known to be after a pacey right winger followed by a center back. We desperately need a decent back up (NOT Josemi and Traore) for our ever solid Carragher and Hyypia, while we need an pacey out-and-out winger to provide the quality crosses into the box.

Reina

Garcia  Crouch

i know we have other priorities before we get a striker (see my starting post). and i said that other names are also welcome...but all i get is adriano!!(mad who suggested) and larsson who are both unlikely 2 leave their respective clubs....
  here's two other strikers to think abt
1)The tall Udinese striker....(dont know name_) but looks class and is a goal scorer.

2)The brazilian CSKA Moscow striker...played really well against us in Super Cup final.

3)robbie keane...unhappy at spurs(though short tempered at times and has a reputation of being a troublemaker)

any other names come 2 mind??

I wouldnt say Larsson is unrealistic he is never going to be a starter at Barca, and although he probably might be happy with the situation due to his age, you never know.

With regards to the Udinese striker mate, if you dont even know his name its a bit strange saying we should look at him, no matter how well he has done imo.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:25 pm

Well ffs!Let's go in for a loan-move for Larsson then! :buttrock
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:40 pm

What about Mista? Rafa rates him, and I'm sure he'd jump at the chance of joining us.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:01 pm

Larsson is out of the top drawer in my opinion and posesses the requisite intelligence and anticipation to play alongside Crouch and score aplenty. This is of course dependent on him retaining most of his ability he had a couple of seasons ago. Though I don't doubt the earlier posters stat about him scoring every 38 mins for Barca, it doesn't excite me as much as it maybe should because in their recent game against Madrid I reckon the strikers must have had three or four chances each. They really are a fabulous team and for all the plaudits Chelsea receive over here, my money would be firmly on the Spaniards if they were to rekindle their rivalry of last season.
Back on Larsson, yes I'd take him in a heartbeat given the opportunity.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:47 pm

Dean Ashton and Robbie Keane would be perfect.
115-1073096938

Postby redsince2001 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:08 pm

how abt AJ from crystal palace?
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby redsince2001 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:19 pm

Think we can get him cheaply.
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby apies » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:39 am

i have my own opinion..considering to Rafa's interested..
the striker who could score through header and have a good shooting accuracy..and also quality of dribling..

i think the best striker for jan transfer window is MIROSLAV KLOSE!!
he has a good ability as a player 4 Benitez..
his ratio goal in Bundesliga is 1.82..it's excellant..
he could header from many crosses..
his quality of dribling also excellent..(if you refer his score in CL one-on-one beat goalkeeper, if i'm not mistaken it was Udinise team)..
he also has a strength from defender's marking..
Klose has a strength as a good striker for Benitez's tactical playing..

we need a striker who can win the header not only higher player, but he has to be strength and aggressive to compete the ball with the defender..
compare than crouch, always looking slow, always falling to the ground when compete the ball with defender..and also his header just went to the fans..just always wide at all time..poor header..!!

Crouch is very weak to win the header..he is not aggressive enough to get in front of the marker or to win the header..

how old about the player, i think it was the 2nd thing..as long as lower than 29 it was okay, cause we considering to be the champions for any competition, we'll get much money if we win the trophy..to be champion as soon as possible is important than bought younger player but useless it was absolutely waste our money and waste the time..
apies

Postby azriahmad » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:53 am

Klose's team, Werder Bremen, also qualified for the last 16 of the CL. Why on earth would they want to sell him in January?
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:25 am

If I was Rafa, i would win the league, the FA cup and the Champions League.
Then with all of the money i would buy Ibrahimovich, Adriano, Joaquin and Metzelder
I think that would just about cover it.
How hard can it possibly be? ???

(thats what i did in Total Club Manager.......)
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion