New striker in jan? - How abt dirk kuyt?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redsince2001 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:02 pm

do we need someone 2 bolster our striking options come jan?i know we need players in other areas first(a RW and a CB).Think we should jump for the 12m rated Feyenood striker kuyt?potentially the next big striker 2 come from the netherlands.Will surely impress at the WC and then his price will go up.Any other names are welcome.
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby redsince2001 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:35 pm

i say this because all top stiker's(who arnt currently playing 4 a top club) and will be playing in the WC, after the WC their prices usually go up.we know we'll need 2 buy a striker come next season so why wait another 6 months? cisse, moro and yes crouchy hasnt exactly been banging in the goals......

plus,kuyt has many top clubs in the running 4 him...and he has reiterated his desire 2 play 4 us then why wait and ruin the oppurtunity?
Surely we can do with a striker of his goal scoring abilties and after qualifying 4 the pre-quaters of the CPk we have the cash.
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Poolinc. » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:20 pm

Adriano!! Simple as!
Poolinc.

Postby drummerphil » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:27 pm

Poolinc. wrote:Adriano!! Simple as!

i :censored: ask you ???? ???? ???? ?????
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:48 pm

Really? Now where will we get the money to buy Adriano?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:36 pm

I always have a mooch around the Feyenoord forums, and I have Versatel footie channel so I get all the games from the Ere division.
Dirk Kuijt hasnt been playing well atall the last few games, all their fans are complaining, he is their Steven Gerrard, and I think he's leaving in January to whom I have no clue, us? Arsenal? Spurs? Chelsea?
He isnt a one season wonder his goal scoring record speaks volumes, but what I can gather is he feels really sh1tty on the fans, cause he said he was going to leave at the end of the season.
But he is not playing well and neither was stevie last season for us.
I might be wrong but I can see the similarities.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:56 pm

drummerphil wrote:

i :censored: ask you ???? ???? ???? ?????

:bowdown  :bowdown

Priceless    :D   :D
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:01 pm

Is this where I get the "Bring Robbie Home" banners out again? :D
ivor_the_injun

Postby A.B. » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:02 pm

We might as well bring back King Kenny then :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Paul C » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:05 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:I always have a mooch around the Feyenoord forums, and I have Versatel footie channel so I get all the games from the Ere division.
Dirk Kuijt hasnt been playing well atall the last few games, all their fans are complaining, he is their Steven Gerrard, and I think he's leaving in January to whom I have no clue, us? Arsenal? Spurs? Chelsea?
He isnt a one season wonder his goal scoring record speaks volumes, but what I can gather is he feels really sh1tty on the fans, cause he said he was going to leave at the end of the season.

Lynds, than pic in your signature is f.uckin mint!  was that Jonny doing his handy work? :bowdown
Last edited by Paul C on Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:39 am

i think we need to look at a quality CB just in case Carra or Hyypia break down.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:58 am

I believe we need a new striker that is a proven goalscorer. Our current strikers are inconsisteint and sh*t sometimes to be honest.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:40 am

Well IMO Cisse will be on his way come January so we will need a proven striker...? ???

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:18 am

i'm having the most almighty sense of deja vu here, it's like fecking groundhog day on this forum sometimes.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:33 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:I always have a mooch around the Feyenoord forums, and I have Versatel footie channel so I get all the games from the Ere division.

Thats an intersting point, i havent seen much of the dutch league...except the goals on eurogoals every now and then.

But from what your saying Kuyt looks like he will be on his way.

Unless his contract was nearing the end though Feyenoord would be mad to sell him before the world cup...when even the most average of players value seems to double.

It says in todays Mirror that Rafa will be given the money he needs in January to bring in a centre half, the right mid which says simao is his favoured option at £10 million and also a striker which says Kuyt at £8 million.

Now i know newspapers generallt speak b@llocks, but this was in an article about 4 pages in.

I would be very happy if we managed to bring in 3 top players in January...and with the board under pressure to keep rafa happy it could easily happen.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion