Dirk kuyt - A discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 109-1182120412 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:57 am

Ian Rush's Right foot wrote:
mastercall wrote:
Kopboyau wrote:
mastercall wrote:I think he's utterly useless up front. Time to sell and get in a decent center forward.

Ever watched a Liverpool game ??

No, I've never seen a game in my life, heh.

Maybe you can come up with reasons why he is good, instead of asking me if I've seen a game. Seems that most of you use that comeback line quite a bit here.

Fact of the matter is, he's terrible at holding the ball up. He never reads the game well, and he never makes any intelligent forward runs. He's always missing the ball and seems to need direct service before he can even make a short.

For a dutch forward that did so well before he came here, he's just terrible. Crouch should be given a place over this guy but Rafa refuses to even do that.

I rate the mighty Crouch higher.

Kut works his absolut socks off for this team, i firmly believe that come next season he will establish himself as one of the Prems best.

His technique is sublime, so once he's used to the prem (remember it took drogba time) he'll be great.

I'm sorry mastercall but i don't think i can take anything you say seriously seeing as in a previous thread you stated with no hint of sarcasm that youd like Sven to be the liverpool boss

LMAO

In my defense, Sven hasn't done that badly for England. Not under achievers, nor over achievers. It just became a boring team that eventually started losing ground because Sven stopped caring, yet kept getting better and bigger cash deals to his contract.

He did well enough in the other teams before he took the England job so why would we suggest any other manager but refuse Sven?
Last edited by 109-1182120412 on Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
109-1182120412

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:04 am

IMO sven is one of the most overrated managers in footballing history.
LFC2007

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:14 am

mastercall wrote:In my defense, Sven hasn't done that badly for England. Not under achievers, nor over achievers. It just became a boring team that eventually started losing ground because Sven stopped caring, yet kept getting better and bigger cash deals to his contract.

He did well enough in the other teams before he took the England job so why would we suggest any other manager but refuse Sven?

he took the most talented team in recent english history and did what with it?? come on now he failed and failed miserably...

look at the players available to him... Gerrard, Lampard, Ferdinand, Terry, Carragher, Beckham, Owen, Rooney, Joe Cole, Ashley Cole... geez that's like 10 world class players out of 11... not to mention he had very good support players like wright phillips and dyer ... the only think he didn't have is a world class keeper and robinson is decent enough...

the whole backline is class, the whole midfield is class and the whole frontline is class, and I don't even understand why they keep saying england always had a problem left side... that is really down to the inability of the coach...

now compare that to what Klinnsmann did with the Germany squad... podolski, lahm, mertesacker, metzelder, shweinsteiger, kuranyi, klose... I mean some of these names you won't even know before you watch the world cup... the only established star in their team was Ballack...

it is really embarrassing what ericsson did...

on another topic that's mentioned here about Gonzalez...whne rafa said that we were getting the best player in Chile right now... i thought he would be as good as Salas or Zamorano...  :Oo:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1182120412 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:57 am

England is :censored:. They've been :censored: since forever. Sven did nothing to the team other than give up. I can't remember a time when they were winning in style at anything. All the stars in the world isn't going to help England.
109-1182120412

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:26 am

maguskwt wrote:
mastercall wrote:In my defense, Sven hasn't done that badly for England. Not under achievers, nor over achievers. It just became a boring team that eventually started losing ground because Sven stopped caring, yet kept getting better and bigger cash deals to his contract.

he took the most talented team in recent english history and did what with it?? come on now he failed and failed miserably...

look at the players available to him... Gerrard, Lampard, Ferdinand, Terry, Carragher, Beckham, Owen, Rooney, Joe Cole, Ashley Cole... geez that's like 10 world class players out of 11... not to mention he had very good support players like wright phillips and dyer ... the only think he didn't have is a world class keeper and robinson is decent enough...

the whole backline is class, the whole midfield is class and the whole frontline is class, and I don't even understand why they keep saying england always had a problem left side... that is really down to the inability of the coach...

now compare that to what Klinnsmann did with the Germany squad... podolski, lahm, mertesacker, metzelder, shweinsteiger, kuranyi, klose... I mean some of these names you won't even know before you watch the world cup... the only established star in their team was Ballack...

on another topic that's mentioned here about Gonzalez...whne rafa said that we were getting the best player in Chile right now... i thought he would be as good as Salas or Zamorano...  :Oo:

I agree with the gist of what you're saying, but please - never EVER refer to fat Frank, Ferdinand, John Terry and Joe Cole as World Class.

Quite simply - they are not, never have been, and certainly never will be.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:49 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
maguskwt wrote:

I agree with the gist of what you're saying, but please - never EVER refer to fat Frank, Ferdinand, John Terry and Joe Cole as World Class.

Agreed. Especially Fat Frank and Ferdinand. World class My A$$!! Lazy :censored:.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:14 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:I agree with the gist of what you're saying, but please - never EVER refer to fat Frank, Ferdinand, John Terry and Joe Cole as World Class.

well maybe lampard and cole are not world class players but they're still good players... however Ferdinand and Terry won't have any trouble playing for most national teams IMO... sorry if you guys don't like it but I like to look at it from a neutral perspective... I do think Ferdinand is a bit overrated and subject to occasional lapses... but IMO he's one of the better CB's in the world...whatever the case it doesn't really change my point about ericsson..

England is . They've been  since forever. Sven did nothing to the team other than give up. I can't remember a time when they were winning in style at anything. All the stars in the world isn't going to help England

That's precisely what is wrong with ericsson... he did NOTHING... England might as well play without a coach and they will achieve the same results... Terry Venables was a much better coach...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mr_weed_80@hotmail.com » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:44 am

quote from kuyt- i appreciate that people notice my high work rate, but there is so much more to me, for a start, i have talent

its true and people underestimate him
mr_weed_80@hotmail.com

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:45 am

haha just been invited to a boozer in bangkok to meet joe cole, he is here with his dad and will leave the pub at 5 pm i hear, i will make sure i arrive around 6pm then just to make sure. i couldnt cope if i brushed past him and he went down clutching his face   :D
112-1077774096

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:53 am

peewee wrote:haha just been invited to a boozer in bangkok to meet joe cole, he is here with his dad and will leave the pub at 5 pm i hear, i will make sure i arrive around 6pm then just to make sure. i couldnt cope if i brushed past him and he went down clutching his face   :D

:D  :D  :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:04 am

peewee wrote:haha just been invited to a boozer in bangkok to meet joe cole, he is here with his dad and will leave the pub at 5 pm i hear, i will make sure i arrive around 6pm then just to make sure. i couldnt cope if i brushed past him and he went down clutching his face   :D

You could ask him if he wants to see a ping pong match, and take some pics for the press. :) Or just Kick him in :D
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby mr_weed_80@hotmail.com » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:11 am

why don't we look at klose, i know its off the topic but it just came to my head
he's going for around 7.5m which aint too bad, hes a goalscorer n pretty damn magical!!! :buttrock
mr_weed_80@hotmail.com

Postby puroresu » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:44 am

mr_weed_80@hotmail.com wrote:why don't we look at klose, i know its off the topic but it just came to my head
he's going for around 7.5m which aint too bad, hes a goalscorer n pretty damn magical!!! :buttrock

A couple of weeks ago klose said his going to Bayern.  If Bremen dont let him go this summer he said he will join them next year on  a free.
puroresu

Postby mr_weed_80@hotmail.com » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:10 pm

ah well  :(  would have been good to get klose here
but if theres no done deal for certain we could try n sneak in with a late bid  :D
mr_weed_80@hotmail.com

Postby puroresu » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:12 pm

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=472658&CPID=22&clid=156&lid=9&title=Kaiser+hopes+for+Klose+deal

Franz Beckenbauer is hoping Bayern Munich can agree a deal to sign Miroslav Klose from Werder Bremen this summer.

The striker has already confirmed that he will be joining Bayern in 2008 when his contract at Bremen expires.

But Bayern are trying to persuade their Bundesliga rivals to sell Klose before the start of next season, with a bid of 10million Euro's (£6.7million) reportedly having been lodged.

There has yet to be a response from Bremen, but Bayern president Beckenbauer feels it would make sense for Klose to move to the Allianz Arena this year.

"I can't imagine that anyone can keep a man like Klose at Bremen for one more year if he and everyone else knows he will be gone next year anyway," Beckenbauer told DPA.

"How could that happen? I hope he will come this summer."

Meanwhile, Roy Makaay has revealed he is unaware of rumours linking him with a move to Feyenoord.

Makaay is expected to leave Bayern, if a deal for Klose is completed, but he currently knows nothing about his future.

He told AD Sportwereld: "Until now nothing has been reported to me about a transfer or about interest from wherever."

The Holland international has 12 months remaining on his Bayern contract and has also been linked with French giants Lyon and Marseille.
puroresu

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion