Dirk kuyt - Peace everyone

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Penguins » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:50 am

And Kuyt does? Hard to keep myself from laughing when you try to use that as an argument against Johnson playing rw as we have been playing a player for the past 2 years who has way less of that ability than Johnson.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby made in UK » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:54 am

Penguins wrote:And Kuyt does? Hard to keep myself from laughing when you try to use that as an argument against Johnson playing rw as we have been playing a player for the past 2 years who has way less of that ability than Johnson.

Pacheco had less time to produce when coming on yesterday but made a better impact. It just highlights the lack of quality in our current side when a youngster outshines one of our 'better' players.

On that note from the positive display Pacheco exhibited I'd start edging him into the side more often if I were Rafa.
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:46 am

Penguins wrote:
devaney wrote:
Aussie Style wrote:Sell Kuyt, buy a RB that can defend and move Johnson up the pitch.

What about switching the two players as a temporary measure?

Convert Johnson into a successful creative midfield player and his value has the potential to go up as well.

What really does amaze me is Rafa's favourites and Kuyt is at the top of the list. Everybody can see that Kuyt is struggling at the moment except Rafa and he does nothing about it. It wouldn't surprise me if Kuyt is physically and mentally knack.ered.

Penguins - sorry but your criticism of Kuyt as usual is incredibly unfair. Yes he has his problems but he really is not to blame for everything. He is Liverpool's  second highest scorer this season in the Premiership with 5 goals (and a couple of assists) so it is not all bad. He also scored a vital face saving goal against Debrecen in our first CL match when the entire team were terrible! And don't forget his last minute goal against Standard Liege to get us through qualifying for the 2008/2009 CL. Kuyt has always been the whipping boy and I will never except that.

Try this out for a bit of Christmas fun - just ask any Liverpool fan how many goals Kuyt has scored this season and the vast majority will get nowhere near five. They will even forget that he scored against Everton and Arsenal. The Arsenal goal was also partly of his own creation. Give the lad a break! I agree that stats are not everything and Xabi is a classic example of this. But whilst stats aren't everything goals most definitely are and Kuyt's contribution has been a lot better than most.

But that is only if you look at statistics Devaney!
He is the anti-Alonso. He help 0 % when it comes to help build up team play and create chances. He is desperate for others to provide so he can poke home rebounds. Kuyt is not effective offensivly at all outside the 6 yard box and not just when it comes to scoring goals but buildup play in general.

It is just hard to understand what it will take for supporters to see his extreme limitations as a footballer and nothing else.
First and foremost my interest in Kuyt is as a footballer and I am not interested in if he is a good marathon runner, loves the club, and so on and so on.

I totally agree about stats but there is one stat that counts and that is scoring goals and if you regarded Kuyts goal that he helped to create and went onto score against Arsenal as a tap in then so be it. Kuyt in the eyes of many supporters can do no right. I simply try to take a more reasonable approach to a player that works his heart out.

Kuyt is the present day Heskey. Blame him for everything even if he wasn't playing! Heskey has been chosen by 7 or 8 England managers and regarded by Owen as his favourite player to play alongside.

Just tell me what happened yesterday down the right against a lowly Wolves  without Kuyt. The simple answer is very little. There are far bigger problems at Liverpool than Dirk Kuyt.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Sir Roger » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:46 pm

Kuyt is part of the problem
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:10 pm

Devaney, what happened yesterday was that we won a game and kuyt wasnt involved. kuyt is the anti-christ of football.  :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby dawson99 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:18 pm

yeah without Kuyt we're awewsome, we looked like title contenders yesterday without him

(oh, that was sarcasm)
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:27 pm

made in UK wrote:
Penguins wrote:And Kuyt does? Hard to keep myself from laughing when you try to use that as an argument against Johnson playing rw as we have been playing a player for the past 2 years who has way less of that ability than Johnson.

Pacheco had less time to produce when coming on yesterday but made a better impact. It just highlights the lack of quality in our current side when a youngster outshines one of our 'better' players.

On that note from the positive display Pacheco exhibited I'd start edging him into the side more often if I were Rafa.

spot on

I was very impressed with Pacheco's contribution yesterday, while Kuyt was almost invisible.
account deleted by request

Postby dawson99 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:28 pm

I'd sack more or less the whole team to be honest, start again
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:29 pm

yeah with Kuyt we're awewsome, we looked like title contenders yesterday with him

(oh, that was sarcasm) :D

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:30 pm

dawson99 wrote:I'd sack more or less the whole team to be honest, start again

Quicker cheaper and easier to just bring in a manager who can get them playing to their potential mate.

Postby dawson99 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:34 pm

do that too :D
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:34 pm

s@int wrote:

Quicker cheaper and easier to just bring in a manager who can get them playing to their potential mate.

You want to upset Ciggy saint by sacking Rafa ? :)
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:44 pm

Pablo_Escobar wrote:
s@int wrote:

maybe he will walk at the end of the season and save us a bit of money.   :D

Of course if we now go on a run and win the FA cup, the Europa league and win the league title he can stay for another season.

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:18 am

Kuyt was rubbish again today, the times he lost the ball just frustrated me, the sooner he is dropped the better, not  good enough to play in our team
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:27 am

Pablo_Escobar wrote:
s@int wrote:

Saint wont upset me, dirk is going to cost Rafa his job.
Last edited by Ciggy on Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion