Dirk kuyt - A discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby cpc4eva » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:39 am

i feel that dirk is being used in the wrong position..... where do people think he is best on the pitch ?
cpc4eva

Postby babu » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:26 am

MORE EFFORT REQUIRED*

*edit: from the topic/thread starter. please read the forum rules on starting a thread. thank you.
Last edited by babu on Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1182120412 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:37 am

I think he's utterly useless up front. Time to sell and get in a decent center forward.
109-1182120412

Postby Kopboyau » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:09 am

mastercall wrote:I think he's utterly useless up front. Time to sell and get in a decent center forward.

Ever watched a Liverpool game ??
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:10 am

mastercall wrote:I think he's utterly useless up front. Time to sell and get in a decent center forward.

how can you say he is useless???

yes agree he is not an out and out goal scorer but the work he does for the team and the effort he puts in to help set up goals is unbelievable, he is a work horse and put him on the pitch with a goal poacher like an eto, villa, teves and he will make more goals, and then will also have more room to get more himself imo
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:10 am

You call this a thread? What a joke.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Forever_Red » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:16 am

Christ the newbies really do get us a bad name :D
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby jedwards » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:17 am

:(
He is very light weight forward, however, his work rate is very good, but most of it goes in vain, I do agree that a lot of LFC fans love him, but look at his goalscoring record at LFC is very poor, the game is too fast for him here. A very average player with good work rate, does not get you many goals, 8-9 a season is very poor for a forward that cost £10 Millon!!!!!!!!!!!
jedwards

Postby GRAHAM01 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:26 am

jedwards wrote: :(
He is very light weight forward, however, his work rate is very good, but most of it goes in vain, I do agree that a lot of LFC fans love him, but look at his goalscoring record at LFC is very poor, the game is too fast for him here. A very average player with good work rate, does not get you many goals, 8-9 a season is very poor for a forward that cost £10 Millon!!!!!!!!!!!

he may have only got 8 or 9 goals this season but how many did he help set up, dragging players away to make room for the shot

i think this coming year he will be even better and get more goals, you have said the game is to fast for him here that is b****cks he has not got blistering pace but he does suit this league

you also say most of his work goes in vain but you could say that about any player that tries to pull players around and make openings for others, it is a thankless task and one he does well
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jedwards » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:29 am

:( ??? I do not understand why the manage prefer him and select him ahead of Grouch, who is our best forward in LFC at present a long with Fowler, who hasn't got the legs anymore, sorry to see him go, and I thought the manager had misused Fowler last season, I think he should be used more often though out the whole season, 20 minutes each game whenever possible he would have got more goals than £10 Mil forward as in Dirk Kuyt!!!!!
jedwards

Postby heimdall » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:40 am

jedwards wrote: :( ??? I do not understand why the manage prefer him and select him ahead of Grouch, who is our best forward in LFC at present a long with Fowler, who hasn't got the legs anymore, sorry to see him go, and I thought the manager had misused Fowler last season, I think he should be used more often though out the whole season, 20 minutes each game whenever possible he would have got more goals than £10 Mil forward as in Dirk Kuyt!!!!!

Why are some people still going on about Fowler, he is too old his legs have gone, he was terrible last season and thank goodness he wasn't played more or we would have done worse. I think he is the most natural goal scorer we have had in recent times but time and tide waits for no man, and Robbie has already done more than enough to have legendary status at Liverpool but please stop talking sh1t like he should have been played more last season.
Crouch is good every now and then but needs someone like Kuyt to pull a defence apart, he is not a natural goal poacher in the Owen Fowler mold, that is what we need and that is what Tevez will give us.
I also agree that Kuyt will be much better next season if he gets to play with a good natural goal scorer.
heimdall

Postby KOPMATT » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:41 am

I agree with the suggestion that he's not an out & out goalscorer but can't think I saw anyone cover so much ground last season in a game as Kuyt. A bit like Rushie without the goals tally to me, works tirelessly for the team every game.
KOPMATT

Postby Rockthekop » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:49 am

Kuyt & Crouch aren't going to win any golden boots or terrorise defenders but they have to be two of the most committed, hard working players in the Premiership.  Both players are very similar, neither have much pace, good control and distribution, they dont score enough goals which is unfortunate.  Both good squad players but there are better strikers around, we just lack that killer frontman that Kuyt & Crouch arent! Top blokes though, I hope Kuyt starts banging 'em in, he's got a cracking shot on him!
Rockthekop

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:54 am

cpc4eva wrote:i feel that dirk is being used in the wrong position..... where do people think he is best on the pitch ?

:D  Ultimately I think the thread starter has hit the nail on the head, in one short sentence. I never watched him at Feyenord but by all accounts he was very good goalscorer.
In this Liverpool team though Rafa has predominantly played him deeper, in the role I think a player like Tevez would thrive.

But to be honest with people on here and to put it bluntly Kuyt was very ineffective in the 'hole/deeper' position. I became very frustrated at Kuyt, for all his brilliant hard work he lacked alot of the times, control and guile in that position especially with his back to goal.

Maybe he should be given the benefit of the doubt as he was played slightly out of position, and really Benitez should be the one at to whom I should be frustrated with.

For me he is a worthy squad player, but he got the lions share of games played I suspect last season. And if we want to kick on, its my opinion that Kuyt shouldnt get the lions share next season if we're aiming higher. Unless of course Kuyt was played up top a bit more and scored more goals and proved me wrong, but I just dont see it.
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby mr_weed_80@hotmail.com » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:45 am

liverpool seem to be in pattern, no wait, i mean the fans seem to be in a pattern, where the strikers should get one season then there out the door

it has been proven millions of times that a striker will often need more than a season to gel into the team and link up well with the players around them. i mean look at heskey, utter :censored: but did well alongside owen bcos of the time they spent together.

kuyt did amazing in a top league (dutch) n now he just needs time to link up with the scowsers and it'l work, impatience will screw us up
mr_weed_80@hotmail.com

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion