New striker in jan? - How abt dirk kuyt?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mighty mo » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:37 am

Poolinc. wrote:Adriano!! Simple as!

it would take breaking the world record transfer to sign adriano ??? he is the best striker in the world and way out of our financial budget
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:37 am

I thought Chelsea had set their eyes on Kujt. If he is in it for the money, he will play for them. If he is in it for other reasons he should turn them down and join us. Chelsea may be richer(at the moment), but we have tradition and heart.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby LFCNUTTER » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:53 am

I have heard a rumour that Robbie Fowler will be back at LFC in jan on loan cant remember where i heard it but it seems to be gathering pace anyone else heard this
LFCNUTTER

Postby El Nino_#9 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:29 pm

it looks like cisse and dudek may be leaving in the summer.
and it also looks as if gonzales and simao are a sure thing coming in.
maybe with all the midfielders we have....kewell,garcia,gerrard,hamman,sissoko,zenden,riise,alonso,etc
instead of buying a new striker, he may use people like kewell and garcia as supporting strikers behind crouch/nando and use the 4411?
just a thought.....
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:53 pm

saw at the bbc website that  marseille are reportedly interested in cisse in jan and their chairman (pepe diouf) i think has said that cisse is prob going 2 join them in jan as he is unhappy with the playing time he gets here.
if we can play our cards right then we can prob start a bidding war between them and lyon altough he'll be cup-tied 4 lyon ( houlier is reportedly interested in him)....and we all know how mad HE can be!

Anyway selling cisse sud give us enough funds to buy kuyt in jan.
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby primodua » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:22 pm

Lionheart wrote:Well IMO Cisse will be on his way come January so we will need a proven striker...? ???

make no mistake mate...he won't be out in jan as he's cup tied. Only fools (sorry mr. benitez) buy cup tied players b4 the end of a season.
Kuyt or no kuyt...we'll be getting somebody like joaqin...or himself..but i just don't see that cisse will be out in couple of weeks time. We just don't have enough strikers to play around with, let alone having someone fresh into the team. Let me remind you that we are on a streak here.

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

Postby maximus » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:59 pm

LFCNUTTER wrote:I have heard a rumour that Robbie Fowler will be back at LFC in jan on loan cant remember where i heard it but it seems to be gathering pace anyone else heard this

I doubt it, cannot even get a game at Citeh.

Anyway I saw a clip of robbie on Skysports the other day, he just looks totally overweight, obviously does not give a sh.it about the ganme anymore.

Such a shame to see such a legend, and no doubt one of the most natural finishers this country has produced in the last 15 years, so sad :(
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby AussieKopite » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:18 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:I always have a mooch around the Feyenoord forums, and I have Versatel footie channel so I get all the games from the Ere division.
Dirk Kuijt hasnt been playing well atall the last few games, all their fans are complaining, he is their Steven Gerrard, and I think he's leaving in January to whom I have no clue, us? Arsenal? Spurs? Chelsea?
He isnt a one season wonder his goal scoring record speaks volumes, but what I can gather is he feels really sh1tty on the fans, cause he said he was going to leave at the end of the season.
But he is not playing well and neither was stevie last season for us.
I might be wrong but I can see the similarities.

Thats an intersting point, i havent seen much of the dutch league...except the goals on eurogoals every now and then.

But from what your saying Kuyt looks like he will be on his way.

Unless his contract was nearing the end though Feyenoord would be mad to sell him before the world cup...when even the most average of players value seems to double.

It says in todays Mirror that Rafa will be given the money he needs in January to bring in a centre half, the right mid which says simao is his favoured option at £10 million and also a striker which says Kuyt at £8 million.

Now i know newspapers generallt speak b@llocks, but this was in an article about 4 pages in.

I would be very happy if we managed to bring in 3 top players in January...and with the board under pressure to keep rafa happy it could easily happen.

I've seen a few Feyernoord games on ESPN, he has had some pretty consistant form, however I've only seen the odd game.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:23 pm

primodua wrote:
Lionheart wrote:Well IMO Cisse will be on his way come January so we will need a proven striker...? ???

make no mistake mate...he won't be out in jan as he's cup tied. Only fools (sorry mr. benitez) buy cup tied players b4 the end of a season.
Kuyt or no kuyt...we'll be getting somebody like joaqin...or himself..but i just don't see that cisse will be out in couple of weeks time. We just don't have enough strikers to play around with, let alone having someone fresh into the team. Let me remind you that we are on a streak here.

In all fairness, you're not a fool in buying a cup-tied player because the price will be considerably lower and reduces the chance of you getting ripped off for a player who isn't cup-tied.

Is Larsson fit? and is he getting games? Just thinking of a loan-move for him.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:31 pm

wrighty (not mark!) wrote:
primodua wrote:

In all fairness, you're not a fool in buying a cup-tied player because the price will be considerably lower and reduces the chance of you getting ripped off for a player who isn't cup-tied.

Thats not a bad shout, every time he comes on for Barca he either scores or at least still looks sharp.

I would love him as a short term option.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:46 pm

Ace......we have an accord! :D
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:40 pm

I think Rafa's priorities will be Simao and a back up defender. I don't think we have the cash for Joaquin. I personally don't think we will be getting a striker in the winter. I think Cisse will stay until the summer. If he does want to go however, it will mean we need a replacement who has pace. I don't know alot about Kuyt but i have heard he doesn't have much pace.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Poolinc. » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:35 pm

Completely agree! It's gotta be Adriano! :buttrock
Poolinc.

Postby A.B. » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:19 pm

You got to be sniffing too much glue.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby AussieKopite » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:30 pm

wrighty (not mark!) wrote:
primodua wrote:

Having him cup-tied would allow him to concentrate on adapting to the style of football of the nation he's playing in rather that trying to switch between modes.
Last edited by AussieKopite on Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion