Dirk kuyt - Peace everyone

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:03 am

ok some of you may have noticed that I have been critical of kuyt on the odd occasion    :p

a lot of my comments are not meant to be taken seriously but I know it does wind up certain people on here so let me explain more so people understand where I am coming from.

most importantly I DO NOT DISLIKE KUYT, ok some of you seem to think i hate the guy, this is far from the truth, he pulls on the red shirt and never fails to give 100% for the cause and for that I respect him, like i always say the club comes before any individual. That said i think his continual inclusion in the team harms  the team, he failed for us up front and he is failing for us on the right, the figures and the performances back this up. he is not a wide player and never will be and his constant selection out there is not dirks fault, that fault lays with rafa, we can all see it doesnt work so why does rafa persist with it? is it because we have no other option there?

so as you can see its not a dislike or kuyt i have, i respect the guy but sadly he is just not good enough either up front or on the right, i am constantly frustrated by his lack of pace and ability(just as i am frustrated by the team as a whole at the moment however its kuyts constant failings that frustrate me most and that frustration is that he continues to get picked rather than at a dislike for the guy)

Do we have a better option for the right, do we have  player who will give 100% but also have the ability to go past people, and have the ability to trap a ball without the second touch having to be a tackle to win it back.

is it gerrard, is it pennant, is it time to give el zhar a go? who should we put out there to get that width?

anyway i hope this wont turn into a slanging match, just my opinion and i am sure others have the same opinion while some think kuyt is the white pele and we play attractive football.
112-1077774096

Postby ConnO'var » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:39 am

Agreed that Kuyt is not the solution for us either upfront or on the right.
As you said it's not his fault as he always gives 100% but it's purely down to a case of a lack of adequate quality.

We do need better and if the solution is Gerrard (should our current crop of youngsters be deemed not up to it) then so be it.
ConnO'var

Postby Rush Job » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:42 am

The thing is not playing/having real wide men who hold the width and are always an outlet and looking to go past the full back and get in a cross with the oppo defence turned and running towards their net leaves us very predictable and when teams come to sit deap its very hard to play though them and is easy to defend against.
If we can only get one wide player, i say if because now we have another 12mill their COULD be two, we have to play Gerrard wide right with Masch back and a being a sure fire starter there is no way Kuyt should keep Alonso out, keep Alonso or even Lucas in the middle alongside Masch put SG wide right and Kuyt on the bench.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bretc » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:08 am

I agree with u totally on this, Peewee. On too many occasions, Kuyt has slowed down our attacks. Typical scenario - someone passes him the ball, he runs but can't outrun the opponent, so he stops, turns, then passes back or sideways. Result - The attack has lost it's momentum and we gotto rebuild another attack. We need someone with pace, skill and flair down the flanks, not Kuyt! Sad to say this but Rafa's fav player seems to be Kuyt and unless he's injured or Rafa's sacked, we'll continue to witness the "Adventures of Kuyt".
Bretc

Postby Owzat » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:09 am

Wow, even in supposed "peace" gestures the criticism of Kuyt is still there. Hope you all choke on your breakfasts (or whatever your next meal is)

Just remember when you're watching Liverpool play in the Champions League group stages that it's KUYT that got us through by the skin of our teeth. I would have thought Kuyt bashing would go low profile for a while, even when he saves our neck there's a discussion to get rid with the money that his goal brings
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:10 am

gerrard should go wide right as we have nobody.
puroresu

Postby skatesy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:12 am

Hypothetically speaking, if we do end up getting Riera - could we not throw Babel out on the right?
skatesy

Postby Effes » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:19 am

skatesy wrote:Hypothetically speaking, if we do end up getting Riera - could we not throw Babel out on the right?

I don't see why he can't play on the right.

Re. Kuyt - if you just stick him in the box he'll get you goals.

But playing him wide right is no good for anybody.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:22 am

We have two options i guess for the right , one is to put babel there if we sign riera a left winger , or we could play el zhar there or keep on playing kuyt . Kuyt may not be the best option but he is a model pro , never complained when asked to switch position , while he may not be a world class right player but he's decent enough .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:26 am

Kuyt is not a winger I dont know why you blame him for every feckin thing.
Blame Rafa for playing him there, that was a whopper you come out with last night Kuyts real name is kunt.

You need to get a grip seriously.
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:30 am

Owzat wrote:Wow, even in supposed "peace" gestures the criticism of Kuyt is still there. Hope you all choke on your breakfasts (or whatever your next meal is)

Just remember when you're watching Liverpool play in the Champions League group stages that it's KUYT that got us through by the skin of our teeth. I would have thought Kuyt bashing would go low profile for a while, even when he saves our neck there's a discussion to get rid with the money that his goal brings

its a bit naive to be fair to say kuyt got us through by the skin of our teeth as though he was the only player on the pitch, lets not forget reina, if it wasnt for his early saves then we would possibly be out, just as it also had a lot to do with babels inch perfect cross, i cold go on but it seems some of you think scoring a goal means you are gods gift to football and to be honest its disrespectful to the rest of the team who contributed last night and lets be honest kuyt contributed f*ck all until the ball hit his knee and went in. anyone who makes out his performance was anything but dire (along with a number of other players) dont deserve to be taken seriously with their football thoughts.

yes he scored and i am happy he scored as it put the team through but lets not go overboard as though he has suddenly become a footballer.

as for getting rid, we had an offer from hamburg and we should have snatched their hand off rather than come up with the ridiculous figure of 16 million
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:33 am

Ciggy wrote:Kuyt is not a winger I dont know why you blame him for every feckin thing.
Blame Rafa for playing him there, that was a whopper you come out with last night Kuyts real name is kunt.

You need to get a get seriously.

i need to 'get a get', whats all that about.

at least get your abuse right and get a sense of humour sweetheart

try and keep the abuse out and lets try and have a decent discussion for once

the whole point of the thread is that kuyt is not a winger so at least we agree on that.

now if you have nothing constructive to add in the way of intelligent conversation then read another thread

theres a good girl
112-1077774096

Postby Ciggy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:56 am

peewee wrote:i need to 'get a get', whats all that about.

the whole point of the thread is that kuyt is not a winger so at least we agree on that.

now if you have nothing constructive to add in the way of intelligent conversation then read another thread

theres a good girl

Fuck off

you blame the fella for everything, its getting beyond a joke every post you make Kuyts included in it.

Ill tell you something about Kuyt he gives most of his wages to charity every month.

Not like the other greedy feckin bastids in the prem.

Get off his feckin back.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:58 am

Ciggy wrote:
peewee wrote:i need to 'get a get', whats all that about.

theres a good girl

Fuck off

you blame the fella for everything, its getting beyond a joke every post you make Kuyts included in it.

Ill tell you something about Kuyt he gives most of his wages to charity every month.

Not like the other greedy feckin bastids in the prem.

Get off his feckin back.

:bowdown

I'm beginning to wonder if peewee wouldn't have been happier if Kuyt HADN'T scored the winner and Liverpool had lost, because even when Kuyt does something right he's still on here bitching at anyone who gives Kuyt any credit.
Last edited by Owzat on Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:01 am

Ciggy wrote:Ill tell you something about Kuyt he gives most of his wages to charity every month.

i am not disputing he is a nice guy, we already established that i respect him (thread opener, read it before you go off on one)but i fail to see how him giving money to charity makes him a good player. there is no link between the two

now the idiots have come in and tried to ruin the thread can we get back to discussing the issue in hand, but at least read my opening post so you understand that this is not a "lets slag kuyt' thread
112-1077774096

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion