STOKE CITY VS LIVERPOOL - 13 november 2010, ko: 17:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby bigmick » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:43 pm

bavlondon wrote:
lakes10 wrote:i see on other forums the backing of MON coming to the club is building.......not sure about that one myself.

No thanks. We want someone respected on a continental level.

I would have thought that was the least of our concerns. We aren't in the Champions League, and our current manager proved last season he can make a good fist of the Europa League Cup.

What we really need is someone who when given a few quid to spend by the new owners picks the right players to buy and the right ones to get rid of. If "respected on a continental level" means we get a squad as weak as the current one after a six year plan, that's the last thing we need.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:43 pm

Look even Babel can't believe it :laugh:

RyanBabel

RT @LFCTV: Roy's Stoke verdict http://lfc.tv/sSy
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:44 pm

bavlondon wrote:
lakes10 wrote:i see on other forums the backing of MON coming to the club is building.......not sure about that one myself.

But more importantly we need someone who is going to play good attacking football, no more British managers please. Whoever he is he will obviously have to get on with Comolli. Time to examine his past, I know he has links with France... get Deschamps in!!

do you think we will play free flowing football with that kind of cr@p we have? your in dreamland man
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:47 pm

metalhead wrote:do you think we will play free flowing football with that kind of cr@p we have? your in dreamland man

Most of our players have shown they can do it for their national teams.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:49 pm

mart wrote:
metalhead wrote:do you think we will play free flowing football with that kind of cr@p we have? your in dreamland man

Now you see, when your in a national team, your SURROUNDED by top quality players, THERE IS A MASSIVE DIFFERENCE
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:51 pm

bavlondon wrote:

But more importantly we need someone who is going to play good attacking football, no more British managers please. Whoever he is he will obviously have to get on with Comolli. Time to examine his past, I know he has links with France... get Deschamps in!!

why on the continental level? we need a manager that understands english football mate,i dont give a :censored: if we win the cl, its the prem for me.

i think theres some bloody good english managers out therebut as money is the big aim in football no club will give them a chance with a big team.......take MR Blackpool would you not love to see what he would say if he was our manager and we beat Man U lol

ok so i am half joking there but i am trying to makea point that we dont need to keep running over seas to buy our players and get a manager, look closer and you might find a few gems.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:51 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson: "It's a bad result every time you lose, and it's difficult to give an assessment straight after you've been beaten. When we went 1-0 down we were forced to take some risks and they almost got us back into the game so unfortunately not. Most of today we've defended long throws and long ball forward and balls pumped into your penalty area, so it's a very different game to that against Chelsea. It's a special game, this one. You have to defend stoutly and do more going forward than we did."

yEH WHA, :censored: HELL

that sums it up for me nan! no fecking mention that the players out their today played with any credability! no mention of our players not being up for it,no players playing with fight,passion urgency from the word go! please roy don't try & defend that performance. you have my respect as our manager,the players have my support through thick & thin.

but today no-one connected with the club can defend that display,just say it as it is & you will get more respect as a result.

i haven't seen his post match interview nan - so thanks for posting it- even though it makes me cringe,that he didn't acknowledge it was fecking stoke we played,we know who they are & what they are all about! if you don't match them for effort,fight etc you get what you deserve! ffs a bad result doesn't even comprehend how that makes me feel right now.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:53 pm

metalhead wrote:
mart wrote:

Now you see, when your in a national team, your SURROUNDED by top quality players, THERE IS A MASSIVE DIFFERENCE

Ah so all our national team players are the ones that are just there as fillers?
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:55 pm

bigmick wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

I would have thought that was the least of our concerns. We aren't in the Champions League, and our current manager proved last season he can make a good fist of the Europa League Cup.

What we really need is someone who when given a few quid to spend by the new owners picks the right players to buy and the right ones to get rid of. If "respected on a continental level" means we get a squad as weak as the current one after a six year plan, that's the last thing we need.

Someone who is respected on a continental level probably knows how to play decent free flowing football. Once we have that we will find ourselves performing better in the league. There are no decent british managers about mate, we tried it with Roy. Let's not make that mistake again.

The players we will probably be buying will be foreign anyway.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:56 pm

mart wrote:Ah so all our national team players are the ones that are just there as fillers?

Did you understand my post?

There is a massive difference if you put in an average player with quality players around him, ala John Obi Mikel with Chelsea. If you put an average player surrounded with other mediocre ones, then there will be a big difference in terms of play!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:58 pm

seriously, if Roy Hodgson comes out and says ''the team was shyte, utter disgrace'' people on here will jump in and says poor man management, he shouldn't say that in public. but if he says that ''we did ok, stoke are difficult'' he is a f*cking disgrace... really so funny on here sometimes :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:01 pm

metalhead wrote:
mart wrote:Ah so all our national team players are the ones that are just there as fillers?

Did you understand my post?

There is a massive difference if you put in an average player with quality players around him, ala John Obi Mikel with Chelsea. If you put an average player surrounded with other mediocre ones, then there will be a big difference in terms of play!

If the national teams are so filled to the brim with top quality how come we cant get our 13(?) national team players to give a decent performance?
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:03 pm

because most of them are average  :help
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:08 pm

metalhead wrote:because most of them are average  :help

lol  :sleep
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:11 pm

The bitterist lesson for the fanatical anti-rafas is you reap what you sow.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games