STOKE CITY VS LIVERPOOL - 13 november 2010, ko: 17:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:56 pm

this season's table is so tight at the moment that 14th Blackpool could actually go on level points with 5th placed Newcastle should the teams win and lose respectively.

apart from us, there are 5 other teams who are on 16 points. the importance of winning this away match cannot be clearer.

Stoke has conceded 8 goals in 3 matches at home so we should not have a problem scoring. the issue would be how many goals we score and how focus the players are. the previous match at Wigan, for whatever reason, they seemed to switch off after scoring the first. another 8-0 victory would be nice :)

so im hoping the lads have a more cold blooded mentality and finish the game off instead of taking us for yet another mentally and emotionally volatile ride.

if Glen Johnson is back, would you see him start ahead of Kelly?

would anyone start Ngog up front with Torres or is Torres better off playing without a partner but with a midfield supporting him instead?

its a pity our Greek is probably unavailable as he would be so valuable at set pieces and would give Shawcross problems at corners.

3-1 win for us.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby metalhead » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:39 pm

1-1 or 1-0 scrappy win for us
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:13 pm

This will be a harder game than Wigan, make no bones about it. If we surrender the majority of possession then we'll get beat as Stoke are a direct team who'll get balls into our box at every opportunity. We can't afford to be defending on our own 18 yard line. The Greek has to play.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:22 pm

3 - 0 to Stoke
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:23 pm

Reg wrote:3 - 0 to Stoke

:D  I know we're :censored:, but 3-0?
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby burjennio » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:49 pm

If Kyrgiakos doesnt play I think we will lose. To Stoke City.

It was hard to type that sentence but as much as it says about our decline it says alot about how far Stoke have come and with big Kenwyne Jones up front if the lads on form he is an absolute handful for any back 4. The last two seasons we've given as good as we've got at the Britannia and were unlucky not to win both games. The pivotal thing for me here, and Im not the 1st guy on here to stress this is we cant camp out in our own penalty box and expect to be able to do anything but be battered by playing into their hands.
burjennio

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:33 am

i forgot that they have a certain Delap who loves throwing long balls into the box.....

they have a certain Pennant who plays for them as well :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Red-er-Dare » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:26 am

Soto should come back into the side for this fixture for Skertel with that being the only change to defence. Out of the midfielders Maxi should literally be rested for this game, he was very labourous against Wigan midweek. I think the midfield needs a makeover somewhat, I'd keep Lucas and Gerrard in the middle and perhaps if he's fit give Johnson a go at RM, with Ecclestone on the left and continue with Kuyt playing off Torres. If we're to continue playing the sit deep approach we should at least have a couple of pacy-er wide men who offer more threat and width from the flanks.

It is a bit of a shake up I admit, but after the Wigan performance it may well be necessary, some of our lads looked leggy.

============== Reina

==== Kelly    Carragher     Soto     Konchesky

=Johnson(if fit) Lucas      Gerrard     Ecclestone

=============Kuyt

==============Torres
Last edited by Red-er-Dare on Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Red-er-Dare

Postby bigmick » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:37 am

Well we haven't won there in either of the last two seasons, and I don't think it will be any easier this time. My guess is it'll be a draw, which should be enough to convince people once more that Roy is a "fecking disgrace" and that it's a "joke of a result" as we should really be beating these 6-0.

As for the team Torres desperately needs a rest, Gerrard probably does and so does Mereiles. As we haven't got any viable alternatives though, i think we'll play the same team which was a "fecking disgrace" in the 1-1 draw at Wigan, save for Glen Johnson replacing Kelly, which will coincidently get a few more people "fecking fuming" pre match.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thewaykokid » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:44 am

All of hodgson's talk about poulsen has worried me.......really don't want to see him anywhere near starting eleven. This is how i think we'll line up

Reina
                                     Carra              Skrtel           The Greek            Konchesky

Meireles             Lucas       Gerrard                Maxi

Kuyt

Torres

Would however like to see us really take the match to Stoke with something like this

Reina
                                     Kelly              Skrtel           The Greek            Konchesky

Maxi                 Lucas       Meireles                Kuyt

Gerrard

Torres

Think that the Gerrard-Torres combo needs to be utilised for this match, cole not fit, Meireles needs to be back in the centre, Maxi need to be on the right, would possibly play johnson if fit but he's been so awful this season. Carra cannot cope with the aerial threat of stoke, skrtel was IMO better against wigan, konchesky our only LB with aurelio injured or unfit. Think we'll have a 3-2 win with goals from Torres, Kuyt and Meireles
If you can't amaze people with your intelligence, try confusing them with your :censored: :)
Thewaykokid

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:45 pm

bigmick wrote:Well we haven't won there in either of the last two seasons, and I don't think it will be any easier this time. My guess is it'll be a draw, which should be enough to convince people once more that Roy is a "fecking disgrace" and that it's a "joke of a result" as we should really be beating these 6-0.

As for the team Torres desperately needs a rest, Gerrard probably does and so does Mereiles. As we haven't got any viable alternatives though, i think we'll play the same team which was a "fecking disgrace" in the 1-1 draw at Wigan, save for Glen Johnson replacing Kelly, which will coincidently get a few more people "fecking fuming" pre match.

Can you no longer post without all the snide remarks ?
Benny The Noon

Postby metalhead » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
bigmick wrote:Well we haven't won there in either of the last two seasons, and I don't think it will be any easier this time. My guess is it'll be a draw, which should be enough to convince people once more that Roy is a "fecking disgrace" and that it's a "joke of a result" as we should really be beating these 6-0.

Well, he has a point
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:42 pm

Stoke 1 - 2 Liverpool (Torres, Kuyt)

It'll be a drab affair, we'll take a 1 nil lead with a Torres goal then just after half time Stoke will score, 87th minute - Kuyt will net to win us the game.

I've got a mate whose Mum's milkmans son-in-law has a contact in Anfield - the above was written on Roy's To Do pad.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:55 pm

There is zero point in comparing EVERY game to the result last year.  When we drew with Sunderland, nobody pointed out that we won that game last year.  Same goes for the Derby and so on.....

Anyways, i think we conceded a last minute goal against Stoke last year.

However, what we do know is that we need to be beating teams like Stoke if we want to get back into the top 4.  When we drew there last year...it was a bad result.  And it will also be a bad result if we draw again.

I said 7 points against Wigan, stoke and WH would do and ill stick with that.  Thats the kinda return we need to get up to 4th spot.

Its a shame that some people can't let go of last season's results and seem to be trying to get some excuses in already.  We need to remember that the previous manager got sacked for last season's results.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:28 pm

metalhead wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:

Well, he has a point

Maybe mate but is there a need to post it every single time and make out like its everyone who is doing it ?
Benny The Noon

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games