STOKE CITY VS LIVERPOOL - 13 november 2010, ko: 17:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Sabre » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:51 am

andy_g wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
andy_g wrote:i thought it might get a bit messy in here this evening. we played shíte, yes - no denying that. i think there is a very tired bunch of players right now that just haven't got the legs or the energy - (and maybe not the talent or motivation) - to make something happen. our passing has got worse and worse over the last 2 games but i don't think hodgson is coaching people into that. and at least the manager had a go at winning the game by bringing attackers on. as far as this game goes i don't think he did too much wrong, and i can't see what rafa or any other manager would or could have done differently with the players available. the bottom line is that our squad isn't big enough and probably our manager isn't good enough either. its getting fúcking boring seeing the finger of blame getting pointed left right and centre though and seeing the number of ridiculous outrage coming from all quarters. so much bullshít.

Why are they tired?

because the same 14 or 15 players have played a lot of football in the last 3 weeks with weekend and mid-week games.

What we don't need today is a rotation discussion Andy  :D

Redbeergoggle: I reckon Hodgson's results are not good enough, nobody likes to see Liverpool below the top four. I just don't like disrespecting managers.

I don't think Benitez or Hodgson are dodgy managers, I don't believe in that concept when we are talking about lenghty professionals that have been in football so many years.

That is, no proble with the position of wanting him out, but I don't like insulting their professionality. I'm always anti sacking the manager too early, because if you become a club like that, it's difficult to stop.

I think that the new owners must put money in the first squad, and if that brings a new manager, let it be so, but let's not hurry to sáck Hodgson and let's choose carefully the next manager. This is going to be a transitional season no matter when we sack the manager.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:58 am

LFC2007 wrote:The problem is that we had club turmoil in 2008-2009 but still managed put in our best ever Premier League performance. If the players and manager were "severely affected" by T&T's ownership then how is that accounted for in 2008-2009?

Your post is fair enough.

And to answer your question until that season I saw a progressive build up of the team, and we took the results of the investment of having Alonso, Torres, Reina, Gerrard and Mascherano. Names that play where they play, top clubs, and makes you succeed.

But I'm afraid the money we didn't see from T&T is the top of the iceberg only, what we can see.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:23 pm

Thinkpad wrote:Liverpool displayed the same dross dished out by You Know Who's team when he was here.
We can't beat or struggled to beat "lesser" teams. Some of us here seems to suffer from selective amnesia.
It is not just a Roy's problem, the way I see it all the players from the previous regime has this uncanny habit of not getting into physical challenge.
We play the dreaded "plague" one touch passing with static players for most of the match.
The training of the players in the past 3-5 years has been so successfully ingrained in the players.
They have been trained to play like this since they were signed by you know who.
I guess that's why Roy's cam out and said that he don't think the team is good enough.
You can bring the horse to the water but you cannot make it drink.
Guess it will either take a long time to undo all the damage, hence it may just be better to start from scratch.

The way I see it, it is these few things that really pulling us down.
1) Playing "plague" ball, or panic ball where you just pass the ball immediately upon contact with it. Or pass it away upon receive because an opponent is within 5 metres.
2) Players do not make runs instead just stay static so that the one touch football style will have the ball coming at you.
3) Pass it behind the players so they can stop running, turn back and remain static during attack.
4) Unable to dribble as the coaching staff don't think it is necessary for one touch football.
5) Head aerial balls to anywhere instead of directing them to your team mates.
6) Head the ball forward even though you have enough time and room to control the ball with your feet as it may cause a physical challenge.
7) Do not know the Defense of physical challenge - The Dutch should be good at this.
8) Do not know the art of getting fouled and getting the free kick - We need an Italian or this - Argentinians are just as capable.
If we can do just this 8 items listed, even with the same players we should be doing well.

You forgot about giving possession away from throw ins. Watch the game again (if you can) and see how many times we fu'cked up on throw ins.
Thommo's perm

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:30 pm

bigmick wrote:My opinion on the manager remains as it has for some time now. I think he ought to be replaced in the interests of reunification. Infact I'll go even further, we reallyt ought to replace Roy before the end of the season simply because if/when he finishes higher than 7th, the disputes will get even worse. Hopefully the owners and whoever is advising them have already sounded out the new manager, and hopefully he can give them a name or two for January (and I think by then Dalglish will be in charge).

Interesting. So unification of the fans aside not only do you think Roy is still doing a good job both on and off the pitch but you still believe he will finish better than last season?

What are you smoking mate!?

:help
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:34 pm

bavlondon wrote:
bigmick wrote:My opinion on the manager remains as it has for some time now. I think he ought to be replaced in the interests of reunification. Infact I'll go even further, we reallyt ought to replace Roy before the end of the season simply because if/when he finishes higher than 7th, the disputes will get even worse. Hopefully the owners and whoever is advising them have already sounded out the new manager, and hopefully he can give them a name or two for January (and I think by then Dalglish will be in charge).

Interesting. So unification of the fans aside not only do you think Roy is still doing a good job both on and off the pitch but you still believe he will finish better than last season?

This is the major problem for me. I WANT us to finish in the top four. But I EXPECT us to end up mid-table.
Peoples expectations are too high which is the main reason for the split.
Thommo's perm

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:43 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

This is the major problem for me. I WANT us to finish in the top four. But I EXPECT us to end up mid-table.

I want to see us back in the CL too mate, but our squad is lacking the depth to sustain a season of CL football as well as mantaining a high finish in the league, depth and quality. The next transfer window cannot come soon enough.

3 or 4 decent players ought to do it. A backup striker for Torres, maybe a new LB (or ideally someone who can play either side), a CB and someone creative who can play across the middle.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:44 pm

Sabre wrote:Redbeergoggle: I reckon Hodgson's results are not good enough, nobody likes to see Liverpool below the top four. I just don't like disrespecting managers.

I don't think Benitez or Hodgson are dodgy managers, I don't believe in that concept when we are talking about lenghty professionals that have been in football so many years.

That is, no proble with the position of wanting him out, but I don't like insulting their professionality. I'm always anti sacking the manager too early, because if you become a club like that, it's difficult to stop.

I think that the new owners must put money in the first squad, and if that brings a new manager, let it be so, but let's not hurry to sáck Hodgson and let's choose carefully the next manager. This is going to be a transitional season no matter when we sack the manager.

Sabre I have a lot of time and respect for your posts because they are delivered with a refreshing honesty ...but that said he needs to go as soon as mate ......it no longer serves any purpose in pretending this isn't happening ,we all need to acknowledge this team we love needs and deserves a better manager than what is currently masquerading as one ....as for transitional period well we simply cannot afford to have one of them, as it will almost definitely see our better players unceremoniously jump ship come the end of the season ....we need someone in now ,someone who is not petrified by the notion of an away game
I personally would go for Owen Coyle
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:48 pm

Thinkpad wrote:Liverpool displayed the same dross dished out by You Know Who's team when he was here.
We can't beat or struggled to beat "lesser" teams. Some of us here seems to suffer from selective amnesia.
It is not just a Roy's problem, the way I see it all the players from the previous regime has this uncanny habit of not getting into physical challenge.
We play the dreaded "plague" one touch passing with static players for most of the match.
The training of the players in the past 3-5 years has been so successfully ingrained in the players.
They have been trained to play like this since they were signed by you know who.
I guess that's why Roy's cam out and said that he don't think the team is good enough.
You can bring the horse to the water but you cannot make it drink.
Guess it will either take a long time to undo all the damage, hence it may just be better to start from scratch.

The way I see it, it is these few things that really pulling us down.
1) Playing "plague" ball, or panic ball where you just pass the ball immediately upon contact with it. Or pass it away upon receive because an opponent is within 5 metres.
2) Players do not make runs instead just stay static so that the one touch football style will have the ball coming at you.
3) Pass it behind the players so they can stop running, turn back and remain static during attack.
4) Unable to dribble as the coaching staff don't think it is necessary for one touch football.
5) Head aerial balls to anywhere instead of directing them to your team mates.
6) Head the ball forward even though you have enough time and room to control the ball with your feet as it may cause a physical challenge.
7) Do not know the Defense of physical challenge - The Dutch should be good at this.
8) Do not know the art of getting fouled and getting the free kick - We need an Italian or this - Argentinians are just as capable.
If we can do just this 8 items listed, even with the same players we should be doing well.

good post. I think carras had the 'plague' before cause he's kicking it a far away as pos and never to a team mate
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:56 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
Sabre wrote:Redbeergoggle: I reckon Hodgson's results are not good enough, nobody likes to see Liverpool below the top four. I just don't like disrespecting managers.

Sabre I have a lot of time and respect for your posts because they are delivered with a refreshing honesty ...but that said he needs to go as soon as mate ......it no longer serves any purpose in pretending this isn't happening ,we all need to acknowledge this team we love needs and deserves a better manager than what is currently masquerading as one ....as for transitional period well we simply cannot afford to have one of them, as it will almost definitely see our better players unceremoniously jump ship come the end of the season ....we need someone in now ,someone who is not petrified by the notion of an away game
I personally would go for Owen Coyle

I always have time for the match goers, that's why I registered in this forum in the first place.

You have a point in the petrified by the notion of an away game. I respect lenghty managers, and I do not consider them cráp, but maybe not adequate for a certain club, that is, someone can be valid for a club, but not what Liverpool needs. And it seems this manager isn't used to coach big clubs, and Liverpool is a massive one. Massive clubs do not go to the away games with the same attitude that the rest of the clubs do.

If you don't go with the attitude of a massive club, the oppo loses the respect, makes an aggressive game, the ref doesn't respect you any more because you're not on top three and he's a half manc, and they overrun you.

In a nutshell, I share many of the football concerns of many of you but I respect Roy Hodgson the man nonetheless, at least meanwhile he's the Liverpool manager.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:02 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

I want to see us back in the CL too mate, but our squad is lacking the depth to sustain a season of CL football as well as mantaining a high finish in the league, depth and quality. The next transfer window cannot come soon enough.

3 or 4 decent players ought to do it. A backup striker for Torres, maybe a new LB (or ideally someone who can play either side), a CB and someone creative who can play across the middle.

Are you suggesting that Roy be given money to buy these players?
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:04 pm

Sabre wrote:If you don't go with the attitude of a massive club, the oppo loses the respect, makes an aggressive game, the ref doesn't respect you any more because you're not on top three and he's a half manc, and they overrun you.

That's it in a nutshell mate ... that's sums up our displays away from home in simple terms ....spot on Lad
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:16 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
Sabre wrote:If you don't go with the attitude of a massive club, the oppo loses the respect, makes an aggressive game, the ref doesn't respect you any more because you're not on top three and he's a half manc, and they overrun you.

That's it in a nutshell mate ... that's sums up our displays away from home in simple terms ....spot on Lad

couldnt agree more!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:44 pm

dawson99 wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:

couldnt agree more!!!

Yep, agree 100%
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:52 pm

dawson99 wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:

couldnt agree more!!!

Yep, it's a good way of putting it Sabes. By my estimation, the only times we've properly gone in with that attitude over the last dozen years or so was when Houllier was in hospital and Thommo took us into second, and in the Benitez "record points" season.

Other than that, we've been far far too circumspect, waiting for the game to break rather than breaking it ourselves.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:07 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Lee J wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Off to watch the X-factor have fun kids  :cool:

I may have taken 4 month longer than you to come to the conclusion Roy must leave but at least I was behind him hoping he'd give it a shot. you wrote him off from the day he was rumoured.

what an utter disgrace of a fan you are, go watch X factor you

well said Lee

Come on fella atleast quote the whole post and dont leave the insults out, cause our manager is not up to the job just lash out at me thats a good lad  :;):,

btw have you ever been to a Liverpool match?

Nah don't be silly - he is an Internet forum fan

:laugh:  so now i have to attend a Liverpool match to be a fan? unfortunately for you, the answer is yes. twice.

btw, you're born in Merseyside? which part? cause you sound and behave like a bitter  :;):  and with your lapdog GYBS around, no wonder the forum is going down the drain - cause of people like you 2.
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games