Liverpool V Stoke City - Sat 29th Nov KO 3pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:05 pm

yuup, Lucas played well, was impressed by Mongnolets performance but really think Kolo should be starting more games was really impressed with him again
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ballotelliman » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:40 pm

Doeboy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:56 pm wrote:Important win and more importantly that was a much, much better performance with small signs of how we played last year. Rodgers made some big calls regarding team selection today and it worked. Well done BR for having the balls to do it and has to stick to it.

Yes but why do u think hes doing it today. il tell you cos he knows hes so near to getting the sack thats why.  Same with lambert  people were writing him off when i knew wit a few games under his belt  hed start playing better. Same with stevie hes thought now feck that i might get sacked dont care if i upset him now. Hes way to rigid. Give it a couple of wins and hel be back to same setup and same preferred players. I want a manager who comes in every monday morning and say right were playing this team this is the formation were gona employ NOT THE SAME tactics every game its ridiculous and as proved doesnt work.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:41 pm

There were signs in the second half that our passing and understanding between the players is improving ,and the link up play that fashioned the chance for Henderson
and then Allen was succinct in all but the finish ...Three vital points ,and more importantly a more solid defensive display with Toure and Lucas particularly impressive.

Its all in Rodgers hands now ,he knows the midfield is more compact when utilising Lucas and that Toure is a leader at the back ,both inclusions make us significantly
more difficult to beat.....I think with the two players I've mentioned above he now has the solid base to gradually integrate the new players ,and I would have liked
to see Can introduced earlier rather than Gerrard ,if only to see if he can afford us the same level of protection as Lucas.

Big shout out for Johnson who I have personally pilloried ,but his  commitment to the cause in throwing his head on that ball especially with Stoke cloggers in close
contention was exactly the type of bravery we have all been clamouring to see ,I don't think a goal inside Anfield has been celebrated so raucously since Gerrard's
against Olympiakos.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:31 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:41 pm wrote:There were signs in the second half that our passing and understanding between the players is improving ,and the link up play that fashioned the chance for Henderson
and then Allen was succinct in all but the finish ...Three vital points ,and more importantly a more solid defensive display with Toure and Lucas particularly impressive.

Its all in Rodgers hands now ,he knows the midfield is more compact when utilising Lucas and that Toure is a leader at the back ,both inclusions make us significantly
more difficult to beat.....I think with the two players I've mentioned above he now has the solid base to gradually integrate the new players ,and I would have liked
to see Can introduced earlier rather than Gerrard ,if only to see if he can afford us the same level of protection as Lucas.

Big shout out for Johnson who I have personally pilloried ,but his  commitment to the cause in throwing his head on that ball especially with Stoke cloggers in close
contention was exactly the type of bravery we have all been clamouring to see ,I don't think a goal inside Anfield has been celebrated so raucously since Gerrard's
against Olympiakos.

RBG I really really hope you are joking mentioning Toure Lucas and Glen as anything we should even consider as regular starters in lfc future ,one of most depressing images I can think of....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:50 pm

only me » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:31 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:41 pm wrote:There were signs in the second half that our passing and understanding between the players is improving ,and the link up play that fashioned the chance for Henderson

against Olympiakos.

RBG I really really hope you are joking mentioning Toure Lucas and Glen as anything we should even consider as regular starters in lfc future ,one of most depressing images I can think of....

I don't think RBG is suggesting that they are the answer to all our problems in the long term but they have deffo got a role to play steadying the ship (especially Lucas who is by and far the best DM currently at the club).
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:12 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:50 pm wrote:

I don't think RBG is suggesting that they are the answer to all our problems in the long term but they have deffo got a role to play steadying the ship (especially Lucas who is by and far the best DM currently at the club).

Seriously mate ,if posters don't see the value of Lucas's contribution to our game especially given the games we have witnessed prior to the lads inclusion then they're
not worth a response....Whereas the more knowledgeable supporters and posters realise his importance to the team ,as for the others he will always be(in their opinion ) dogshite ,and at best label him as average  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:26 am

I know some of the faithful were secretly hoping for us to lose this game so Rodgers will get he flick... shame on you...  :eyebrow
killerp

Postby Boocity » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:13 am

I for one would never want us to lose, I am just glad BR has finally seen the light regarding Gerrard at DM. If he turns it round I have no problem having him as manager but I will be critical if he reverts to selections and tactics the past few weeks
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:17 am

I can start reading the sports pages and websites again now  :D
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:49 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:12 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:50 pm wrote:

Seriously mate ,if posters don't see the value of Lucas's contribution to our game especially given the games we have witnessed prior to the lads inclusion then they're
not worth a response....Whereas the more knowledgeable supporters and posters realise his importance to the team ,as for the others he will always be(in their opinion ) dogshite ,and at best label him as average  :D

Let's agree to disagree then...Lucas is indeed digshiit ,always has always will be (apart from a short period prior to his injury) ,he can't tackle so he fouls ,his passing can kill a pigeon from boredom ,he is quick as a a turtle and  he can't score on all-you-can-eat night at hustler ,Is he better then Gerrad as a DM? well probably yes but Gerrard stinks as a DM and Lucas doesn't smell like aftershave as well ,he is Krap. Our expectations from players in LFC have dropped so low he is suddenly considered  our savior ,it's pathetic.

I would put Allen as a DM if i had to pick one (Stronger and Faster then Lucas) and maybe give Chan a go as well ,but Lucas is Liverpool past ,let's keep him their....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:41 pm

My 9 year old daughter is stronger than joe allen  :nod

I'm not joking either  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:56 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:41 pm wrote:My 9 year old daughter is stronger than joe allen  :nod

Balsa wood is sturdier than Allen.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:13 pm

At the very least we can all take a few positives away from that game ,and realise Liverpool are going to have to grind out a few more results similar to yesterday
before we even approach talk of playing football even vaguely reminiscent of Last season....Although the incisive passing that culminated with Hendersons and Allens attempts at goal were respectively a big indicator that something resembling fluency might just be on the cusp of returning.

Three points were all that mattered yesterday ,and the lads battled for them ,underlined by Johnson flinging his swede at the ball with little concern for his own welfare.
The atmosphere inside Anfield  was awful yesterday for long periods,but the sense of relief when the ball finally crossed the line was tangible and the noise that evolved
from that release rocked the rafters.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:56 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:41 pm wrote:My 9 year old daughter is stronger than joe allen  :nod

Might be so but  he is still stronger and faster then Lucas.....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:42 am

against Olympiakos.

Good post mate.   :)
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games