MANCHESTER CITY VS. LIVERPOOL - January 3 2012 20:00 gmt

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:58 pm

right time to buy a striker. we cant play the next 7 games without Suarez with that noddy up front. Carroll will never be a striker whilst i've got a hole in my ar$e. move him on.  as for the team performance i thought we played rather well at times.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:03 am

andy_g wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
andy_g wrote:well.... we've lost. away from home, against the best team in the league, with our key players missing. the score line flatters them beyond belief. we're still a work in progress and it might take some time but lets keep the faith, eh?

to all those who have spent the entire match slagging off the players and the manager... go fúck yourselves.

yeah, you're right. Everything's fine.

no, you whopper, everything is plainly not fine and we have much work to do. but miserable, over critical :censored: like you can't even see the good things people do.

This.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:18 am

Don't you love it when a manager stops being a manager and starts gambling? I would carefully advise Kenny to NOT hit the Roulette tables anytime soon.

I mean really ,leaving SG and Bellamy on the bench while hoping we survive the first half and drawing them as an Ace or a Joker to win the game ,thats ridicules.

I felt City were pretty avarage and their Manager is just a conservative coward and we should really have tried to take the game to them with our strongest players. Shame.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ConnO'var » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:27 am

andy_g wrote:well.... we've lost. away from home, against the best team in the league, with our key players missing. the score line flatters them beyond belief. we're still a work in progress and it might take some time but lets keep the faith, eh?

to all those who have spent the entire match slagging off the players and the manager... go fúck yourselves.

:D

Agree with the general spirit of your post andy.... but we were just a tad bit woeful.

Also, something to consider for those who think that we should have started with Stevie and Bellamy....... both are in their 30s now and Stevie is coming back from a long lay off.

To throw them both in from the start against high quality opponents who play at a high tempo would probably have been too much for them.... how many games did we just play over the holiday period?

I'm not defending the King..... I definitely think he could have done better but not starting with Stevie and Bellamy was, IMO, not a mistake.
ConnO'var

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:52 am

I think this year we had a decent fixture list regarding christmas, city got the worst of it I think, go figure !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:22 am

2 draws against bottom clubs, a win over the barcodes and a loss at citeh. So inconsistent.

I don't have the answer, I admit.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:20 am

Kharhaz wrote:We sign foreigners from now on. Look at the ones we have signed, Suarez and Enrique, both have been excellent. The british lads have let us down. F*uck the FA, f*ck England. Put Liverpool first and sign quality foreign players.

Can't put better. Too many mediocre British players.
whylongball?

Postby metalhead » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:30 am

Spot on Andy
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:08 am

I thought we were unlucky to be 2-0 down at half time, if Downing scores it's a different game, fair play to Henderson that was a great pass.
Adam having improved is starting to look a bit laboured for me, to compare him against Silva and Toure is worrying to say the least.

Whilst they have spent a fortune on players, some of our buys are still questionable, we lack pace and flair in midfield and up front. They have it in abundance.
They also have goals all over the pitch, the sign of a good team is having defenders who can score, which they do, Kompany in particular is excellent.

I wanted Bellamy and Gerrard to start, whether Kenny feels he needs to protect them a little only he knows, but without them realistically we cannot compete with City.

I feel we need to add a couple if possible, a creative midfielder is an absolute must, probably a striker too.

I do agree with some of the work in progress comments, but Kenny has had plenty of money to spend.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:30 am

metalhead wrote:

Spot on Andy

Leaving emotions aside ,we lost 3-0 to a pretty uninterested City team which played quite avarage and quite passive....Not a good sign however you turn it.

Not a hugh disappointment but still we were beat in a manner small teams lose to bigger teams.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:45 am

metalhead wrote:

Spot on Andy

We have been a work in progress for twenty years and if you honestly call the midfield that started progress then mate you are very easily pleased.Just were is the progress.The defence is the only thing that has really progressed but unfortunately we just can't score at critical times.Everybody talks about the need to buy a striker during the transfer window. We paid nearly £60m for two of them not very long ago and their combined goals tally is pathetic and it is simply not their fault. Look very closely at what comes out of midfield and you very quickly find the answer. Nine times out of ten Downing doesn't pass the ball more than ten yards and mostly sideways.Henderson shows potential but disappears.Adam is very erratic and never has a clue were the ball is going when he fires it into the goalmouth.If I could see constant improvement from these expensive acquisitions then I would be happy and I would agree with the progress argument but that is not the case.Dalglish and Commoli have spent a lot of money on some very average players.That is not progress.Sorry.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:26 am

Fine line between success and failure.

Downing takes his chance and puts us 1-0 up?
Reina doesn't make an uncharacteristic error?
Kuyt's shot isn't blocked by Kompany and scores, 2-1?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Sure we contributed to the scoreline but you cannot take away from the fact that City will probably win the league, they are a very strong side that will only get better over time. Kompany was immense last night, as was Silva and Yaya Toure.
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby South East Kop » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:38 am

Guys i really would calm down.  Yes last night was a tad poor but it was far better than 12 months ago.

We missed 3 influential players in Lucas, Gerrard (not quite ready) and Suarez.  When we miss 3 players like that it makes a big difference.

With Carrol in the team we have tended to play a style which has not suited us, so this is something Kenny will have to overcome. 

A decent DM and another creative attacking player and maybe a striker and we will be rocking without a doubt.

It was a huge task for Kenny when he took the job on considering when he did, for the exception of Gerro we didnt have any decent players.  He has got many back to their best or getting the best out of those we doubted, whilst lets not forget.....

No manager makes 100% correct signings, check out Harry Redknaps early on for spurs, well over 50m on players no longer of use, check out City, over 360m spent in 3 and a half years!

Kenny will make mistakes but lets give him time to sort those that work from those that dont.

He has attempted to add some british steal to the side, with a winger, a great left back, central battling midfielder with a decent left foot and a young but very promising attacking midfielder, plus potentially a great strike partnership in a guy that will beat all for headers and has a great left foot if a defender stands off him, and an all action striker you cant defend against, i can see his thinking and it all should have gelled better or will gell with time, but if it doesnt work then he will react accordingly.

Lets saty behind him and not judge him less than a year into the job.
South East Kop

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:47 am

I still have no doubt we will finish in the top 4
Its just that were making hard work out of it
Thommo's perm

Postby only me » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:51 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Fine line between success and failure.

Downing takes his chance and puts us 1-0 up?
Reina doesn't make an uncharacteristic error?
Kuyt's shot isn't blocked by Kompany and scores, 2-1?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Sure we contributed to the scoreline but you cannot take away from the fact that City will probably win the league, they are a very strong side that will only get better over time. Kompany was immense last night, as was Silva and Yaya Toure.

I'm not sure anyone talks about Failure ,more about Optimal readiness and preperation to a game.

I thought winning at Manchester would always be a tough task but at least play your top form players to give us a fighting chance. Again ,thought City was pretty Avarage ,Kompany pretty much killed Carrol but it was easy as he was the ONLY player to cover in the box. We didn't commit enough bodies going forward making the job easier for Kompany and Company..Silva was pretty much under control as well as Ya Ya ,our defence didn't labour that much yesterday.
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games