MANCHESTER UNITED VS LIVERPOOL - 11/02/2012 12.45pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby metalhead » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:01 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
devaney wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
parchpea wrote:Thought both teams were average and Spearings mistake cost us dearly. The lads not good enough unfortunately.

Downing, Henderson and Carroll are not good enough either and you cannot do much at Old Trafford with that amount of mediocraty in your line up.

Suarez put his own emotions before the club and left Dagger out to dry and frankly he couldnt handle the heat from the interview. Dalglish looked worn out and sick of it to me.

Ferguson got stuck into Suarez however it was a back handed compliment as he suggested it was a disgrace that he would behave like that whilst playing for such a great football club. He had no qualms saying Evra was wrong for his celebration either.

All in all we come out the bad the guys again and lose the match against our biggest rivals.

We can keep the rose tinted glasses on all season but truth is we are a very ordinary team with a manager on the ropes and our best player liable to keep us on the front rather than the back pages whilst hes at the football club.

You missed out Johnson

Ffs Thommo give the lad break he nearly scored a brilliant goal.

Nearly but not quite
He was at fault for the two goals mate

No he wasn't

Spearing on fault for the 2nd
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:01 pm

devaney wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
parchpea wrote:Thought both teams were average and Spearings mistake cost us dearly. The lads not good enough unfortunately.

Downing, Henderson and Carroll are not good enough either and you cannot do much at Old Trafford with that amount of mediocraty in your line up.

Suarez put his own emotions before the club and left Dagger out to dry and frankly he couldnt handle the heat from the interview. Dalglish looked worn out and sick of it to me.

Ferguson got stuck into Suarez however it was a back handed compliment as he suggested it was a disgrace that he would behave like that whilst playing for such a great football club. He had no qualms saying Evra was wrong for his celebration either.

All in all we come out the bad the guys again and lose the match against our biggest rivals.

We can keep the rose tinted glasses on all season but truth is we are a very ordinary team with a manager on the ropes and our best player liable to keep us on the front rather than the back pages whilst hes at the football club.

You missed out Johnson

Ffs Thommo give the lad a break he nearly scored a brilliant goal.

I think it's about time this lad gives the fans a break and just ask to leave. He is a clueless brainless footballer.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:02 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
devaney wrote:How the Fk do you know that Ferdinand got the ball? It certainly wasn't that clear to anybody else. As for your cringeworthy dive comments that tells me everything.You are a joke of a supporter.

Evra and Manchester United have caused Suarez massive problems and if you don't think that was their intention you are very naive.Evra abused Suarez and his nationality and absolutely nothing has been done about that and now when it's far to late you expect Luis to shake the whinging tw.ats hand.

how do i know?  I've seen it 5 times and he CLEARLY gets the ball first. Suarez then staggers a few paces and then throws himself to the floor. I bet you thought him booting the ball at the man utd dugout was a beaut too...

Let's be fair here, a good forward in the modern game will manouver his body so that the defender must come through the back of him to get the ball. This is exactly what happened. Suarez then felt the contact from Rio and went down as any modern forward will do. How was he to know if Rio touched the ball or not? Rio did touch the ball but due to Saurez's movement he had to go through the back of him.

Verdict? Text book. Freekick to Liverpool and red card to Rio.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:04 pm

well its all in the past now...and a distraction from how poor we were
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:05 pm

metalhead wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
devaney wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:

You missed out Johnson

Nearly but not quite

No he wasn't

Spearing on fault for the 2nd

Yes, at first for giving the ball away but Johnson should have stopped Rooney from casually slotting the ball in the net instead of strolling back and watching
Look at it again and you will see
Thommo's perm

Postby devaney » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:07 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
devaney wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:

You missed out Johnson

Nearly but not quite

Thommo what are you on about. Spearing completely fkd up and Henderson's glancing header was sweet and you manage to blame Glen for both goals?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby burjennio » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:09 pm

RedAnt wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
devaney wrote:How the Fk do you know that Ferdinand got the ball? It certainly wasn't that clear to anybody else. As for your cringeworthy dive comments that tells me everything.You are a joke of a supporter.

Evra and Manchester United have caused Suarez massive problems and if you don't think that was their intention you are very naive.Evra abused Suarez and his nationality and absolutely nothing has been done about that and now when it's far to late you expect Luis to shake the whinging tw.ats hand.

how do i know?  I've seen it 5 times and he CLEARLY gets the ball first. Suarez then staggers a few paces and then throws himself to the floor. I bet you thought him booting the ball at the man utd dugout was a beaut too...

Let's be fair here, a good forward in the modern game will manouver his body so that the defender must come through the back of him to get the ball. This is exactly what happened. Suarez then felt the contact from Rio and went down as any modern forward will do. How was he to know if Rio touched the ball or not? Rio did touch the ball but due to Saurez's movement he had to go through the back of him.

Verdict? Text book. Freekick to Liverpool and red card to Rio.

I dont want to jump into someone elses argument here but RedAnt this is one you cant win, Ferdinand came round the side and won the ball, Suarez ran on for two steps then flung himself to the ground when he realized hed lost possession. Its clear as day.
burjennio

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:18 pm

we were poor because we have poor players.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby dawson99 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:27 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:we were poor because we have poor players.

but fantastic fans obviously  :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:29 pm

burjennio wrote:I dont want to jump into someone elses argument here but RedAnt this is one you cant win, Ferdinand came round the side and won the ball, Suarez ran on for two steps then flung himself to the ground when he realized hed lost possession. Its clear as day.

Rio may come from the side, but his foot comes under Luis's foot, his toe touches the ball, and then his foot follows underneath. It's technically a tackle from behind. The decision could have gone either way. It went Manure's way. But to suggest Saurez took a cringeworthy dive is unfair. ALL forwards hit the deck when they feel contact and lose the ball. It's what they're taught to do.
RedAnt

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:30 pm

dawson99 wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:we were poor because we have poor players.

but fantastic fans obviously  :D

always, all ways  :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby burjennio » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:37 pm

RedAnt wrote:
burjennio wrote:I dont want to jump into someone elses argument here but RedAnt this is one you cant win, Ferdinand came round the side and won the ball, Suarez ran on for two steps then flung himself to the ground when he realized hed lost possession. Its clear as day.

Rio may come from the side, but his foot comes under Luis's foot, his toe touches the ball, and then his foot follows underneath. It's technically a tackle from behind. The decision could have gone either way. It went Manure's way. But to suggest Saurez took a cringeworthy dive is unfair. ALL forwards hit the deck when they feel contact and lose the ball. It's what they're taught to do.

You can take that view, but to be honest mate I think youd be in the minority. Just a poor day at the office all round. All the handshake stuff will probably gloss over the fact that, despite scoring, Luis Suarez probably had his worst game in a Liverpool shirt today. I suppose an argument can be made that with all the nonsense thats happened since last year between he and Manchester Utd its not suprising, but Id hoped that those 8 games would give him a chance to recharge the batteries and hed back coming back firing on all cylinders.

I may actually be out of cliches after that   :D
burjennio

Postby RedAnt » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:41 pm

burjennio wrote:
RedAnt wrote:

You can take that view, but to be honest mate I think youd be in the minority. Just a poor day at the office all round. All the handshake stuff will probably gloss over the fact that, despite scoring, Luis Suarez probably had his worst game in a Liverpool shirt today. I suppose an argument can be made that with all the nonsense thats happened since last year between he and Manchester Utd its not suprising, but Id hoped that those 8 games would give him a chance to recharge the batteries and hed back coming back firing on all cylinders.

I may actually be out of cliches after that   :D

You missed "..at the end of the day" and "fair play to the lad"  :D

Right back at the beginning of this thread I said Saurez shouldn't start. Shoulda kept Carroll in. We know who Saurez is. Heck, he bit a guy. He's firey, but that's because he's passionate. Just the kind we want at LFC. Fergie is right to be afraid.
RedAnt

Postby burjennio » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:44 pm

I know why Dalglish coundnt start with Carroll, he planned on sitting deep and countering and with big Andys lack of mobility he wouldnt have been able to chase down long passes and we'd have been under constant pressure. Bellamy on the other hand...
burjennio

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:48 pm

Shyte performance. Playing with one up front at Castle Grayskull was the wrong tactic. You sit back against the filth and you get punished. Ergo we did.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games