LIVERPOOL vs STOKE CITY 18 March 2012, KO: 16:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Raoul » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:10 pm

Raoul wrote:
damjan193 wrote:Good win :). Anyone got a link for the semi-final draws?

sopcast channel 116230

Decent draw that
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:12 pm

liverpool v chelsea final, anyone?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:20 pm

andy_g wrote:liverpool v chelsea final, anyone?

I'm thinking Spurs
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:38 pm

We are off to wembley!!!!!!!! :buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:06 pm

Well done lads, showing that we're a good cup side as usual...... the ghost of Rafa is alive and well.

Next up the Bitters... condemned to medicority for ever more, it will be a long tedious game and once again we'll be blamed for spoiling their show when we put them to the sword.   :kungfu:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:28 am

damjan193 wrote:
andy_g wrote:liverpool v chelsea final, anyone?

I'm thinking Spurs

Hoping Chelsea, thinking spurs.  We always seem to play well, and beat chelsea. 

Spurs... not so much.

Interesting tho, if we get chelsea in the final and win, that means we have knocked 3 clubs out of both the CC and FA cup this year.  As somebody else said only once in the past have we knocked them same club out of both competitions in one year, and we could do it three times this year.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:56 am

:buttrock

That was a very good win against a very professional pub side.

Well in lads!!!!!!!!!
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:07 am

Well made up that and well in lads

Don't want to get ahead of ourselves but would Gods of high drama have us facing off against Chelsea in final with Torres finding his scoring boots. Perhaps Suraez and Terry trading PC insults
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:21 am

It was certainly a scrappy affair but we produced two moments of quality with the goals (from two lads that simply need to get on the scoresheet more) and defended doggedly, apart from the loose marking on Crouchy from the wrongly-awarded corner.  Stoke's a bit of a bogey team for us so I'm thrilled we cleared this hurdle on the first attempt and are within sight of our second cup final of the season.  I expect we'll get the Bitters and I expect they'll be well up for it, having a chance for a little payback at Wembley.  Tasty.  :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:26 am

Very good win and it's good to see back to back wins. More of this please. I have a feeling Chelsea will be more dangerous than spurs with a new manager and all. Di Matteo will be out to proof something...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:05 am

Reg wrote:Well done lads, showing that we're a good cup side as usual...... the ghost of Rafa is alive and well.

Next up the Bitters... condemned to medicority for ever more, it will be a long tedious game and once again we'll be blamed for spoiling their show when we put them to the sword.   :kungfu:

Or we might play sunderland
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:54 am

a scrappy affair with odd but of decent football, class goal from Suarez as well, I've commented on specific players in their respective threads so I'll just leave it at...

...ANOTHER TRIP TO WEMBLEY, IT REALLY IS BECOMING ANFIELD SOUTH  :buttrock  :buttrock

Bitters in the semi please!
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby mkingdom » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:53 pm

Solid performance, Skrtel outstanding again, Spearing making a difference and signs that we are discovering how to score.

Above all of that, I have to say how much I detest Stoke and all they stand for.  What a thuggish group of meat heads they are.  They do everything they can to stop football breaking out, and are a horrible side to watch and of course play against.  If someone ever commits a horrible crime just sentence them to a season ticket at the Shittania.
mkingdom

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:08 pm

mkingdom wrote:Solid performance, Skrtel outstanding again, Spearing making a difference and signs that we are discovering how to score.

Above all of that, I have to say how much I detest Stoke and all they stand for.  What a thuggish group of meat heads they are.  They do everything they can to stop football breaking out, and are a horrible side to watch and of course play against.  If someone ever commits a horrible crime just sentence them to a season ticket at the Shittania.

pretty much my thoughts. i despise stoke with a passion. pathetic excuse for a "football" side.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:03 pm

Well done Reds! Great goals from Suarez and Downing - YES DOWNING - get in !!!!! Brilliant one two with Stevie for Downing's goals.

Made up for Luis with all the stupid sh.it some of the moronic Stoke supporters were verbally throwing at him. Just hope he signs the extension to his contract that he has told a Uruguayan newspaper Liverpool are prepared to negotiate! http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Lu ... 79967.html
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext