MANCHESTER UNITED VS LIVERPOOL - 11/02/2012 12.45pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby devaney » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:49 pm

burjennio wrote:
RedAnt wrote:
burjennio wrote:I dont want to jump into someone elses argument here but RedAnt this is one you cant win, Ferdinand came round the side and won the ball, Suarez ran on for two steps then flung himself to the ground when he realized hed lost possession. Its clear as day.

Rio may come from the side, but his foot comes under Luis's foot, his toe touches the ball, and then his foot follows underneath. It's technically a tackle from behind. The decision could have gone either way. It went Manure's way. But to suggest Saurez took a cringeworthy dive is unfair. ALL forwards hit the deck when they feel contact and lose the ball. It's what they're taught to do.

You can take that view, but to be honest mate I think youd be in the minority. Just a poor day at the office all round. All the handshake stuff will probably gloss over the fact that, despite scoring, Luis Suarez probably had his worst game in a Liverpool shirt today. I suppose an argument can be made that with all the nonsense thats happened since last year between he and Manchester Utd its not suprising, but Id hoped that those 8 games would give him a chance to recharge the batteries and hed back coming back firing on all cylinders.

I may actually be out of cliches after that   :D

Today Luis got the same service that has made Carroll look so bad. Our midfield with Downing Henderson Spearing and Kuyt is just incapable of creating anything. Nearly £40m for what. Andy looks good value at £35m in comparison to nearly £40m for Henderson and Downing. I hate to say this but they really are very poor.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:53 pm

What he said.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:03 pm

so what do we do?  Clear out Kenny's signings (and kenny?) or plod on with what we've got and hope for the best?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:13 pm

Police seized copies of a Manchester United fanzine before the match with Liverpool amid fears its cover would stoke the racism row between the clubs.

The Red Issue fanzine featured a cut-out Ku Klux Klan-style mask with the words "LFC Suarez is innocent".

The magazines, described by police as "potentially offensive", were confiscated outside Old Trafford.

This is gonna roll on and on until the media get bored
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:32 pm

Nah, the media don't really care about that, Suarez is a better prey
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:28 pm

yeah sky wont even mention this lol
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:14 pm

again we just werent good enough today.very disapointing performance from a lot of players.
we have too many wasters in our team and tbh its time to look to the reserves and give some of them a shot.downing,kuyt,spearing and henderson suck and personally ive enough of watching them constantly underperform week in week out.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:15 am

Alright I have had a bit of sleep and I can now post coherently on what happened against Manure.

First of all I feel well an utterly s**t and sick in the stomach being right on Henderson and Downing. I really wanted these guys to prove me wrong, especially Hendo. To be honest they have been rubbish for most of the year and it really is upsetting to know that at the start of the season Man United, Chelsea and Man City all improved their wings and we p**sed away 40m on 2 average players. I wasn't the only one to raise concerns on our buys, really disappointed that a lot of fans put blind faith in Kenny though  :down:

It was clear as day that a midfield compromising of Kuyt, Henderson, Downing, Gerrard and Spearing was going to struggle against the Manc W*nks.

Look Hendo is young and he might come good but there simply is no excuse for Downing, the guy has been a disaster signing for us! As much as people go on about Carroll, this guy takes the cake. Can't cross, can't take a man on, can't score, can't set up a goal if his life depended on it.   :sniffle

Kuyt as much as he is a tireless workhorse shouldn't be starting at his age with the potential youngsters there are out in the market. It beggers belief that he is our best right mid option. Up front we are bereft of ideas, Bellamy is getting on and we can't rely on his drive every game WE need a quality striker coming in at the end of the season to partner with Luis.

Our defense is OK although we should be giving Coates a bit of game time towards the end of the season. And we should look at getting another young CB as Carra is on his last legs.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:21 am

devaney wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
devaney wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
parchpea wrote:Thought both teams were average and Spearings mistake cost us dearly. The lads not good enough unfortunately.

Downing, Henderson and Carroll are not good enough either and you cannot do much at Old Trafford with that amount of mediocraty in your line up.

Suarez put his own emotions before the club and left Dagger out to dry and frankly he couldnt handle the heat from the interview. Dalglish looked worn out and sick of it to me.

Ferguson got stuck into Suarez however it was a back handed compliment as he suggested it was a disgrace that he would behave like that whilst playing for such a great football club. He had no qualms saying Evra was wrong for his celebration either.

All in all we come out the bad the guys again and lose the match against our biggest rivals.

We can keep the rose tinted glasses on all season but truth is we are a very ordinary team with a manager on the ropes and our best player liable to keep us on the front rather than the back pages whilst hes at the football club.

You missed out Johnson

Ffs Thommo give the lad break he nearly scored a brilliant goal.

Nearly but not quite
He was at fault for the two goals mate

Thommo what are you on about. Spearing completely fkd up and Henderson's glancing header was sweet and you manage to blame Glen for both goals?

Take your blinkers off mate
Johnson could be a great player but he is too casual and has terrible positional sense for a defender.
Watch it again, as I have, and look at his positioning for the goals. If you still think hes not at least part responsible for both goals then we wont bother discussing it again
Thommo's perm

Postby supersub » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:30 am

dawson99 wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:we were poor because we have poor players.

but fantastic fans obviously  :D

Yeah ! some of the fans are unbelievable  :D
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Scottbot » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:30 am

Think I'll stick to the football coz the other stuff has dragged on and on and on and the football is a lot more interesting. Best team won today. I thought the lads did alright first half. Gerrard was playing well middle of the park and although we didn't really threaten there were spells where we kept the ball quite well. Second half they upped their game and we simply weren't at it. A few people suggesting Carroll should have started but I suspect we would have been torn apart playing 4-4-2. Downing ahead of Bellers was questionable but I could understand it because he is an excellent change of pace coming off the bench once games get stretched. They were simply too good today. Luckily for us both Chelsea and Newcastle messed up otherwise 4th wold have looked a real tall order. We've got Chelsea and Arsenal both to come to Anfield so it's still there although personally I think we're gonna win both cups and finish in 6th.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:04 am

devaney wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
devaney wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
parchpea wrote:Thought both teams were average and Spearings mistake cost us dearly. The lads not good enough unfortunately.

Downing, Henderson and Carroll are not good enough either and you cannot do much at Old Trafford with that amount of mediocraty in your line up.

Suarez put his own emotions before the club and left Dagger out to dry and frankly he couldnt handle the heat from the interview. Dalglish looked worn out and sick of it to me.

Ferguson got stuck into Suarez however it was a back handed compliment as he suggested it was a disgrace that he would behave like that whilst playing for such a great football club. He had no qualms saying Evra was wrong for his celebration either.

All in all we come out the bad the guys again and lose the match against our biggest rivals.

We can keep the rose tinted glasses on all season but truth is we are a very ordinary team with a manager on the ropes and our best player liable to keep us on the front rather than the back pages whilst hes at the football club.

You missed out Johnson

Ffs Thommo give the lad break he nearly scored a brilliant goal.

Nearly but not quite
He was at fault for the two goals mate

Thommo what are you on about. Spearing completely fkd up and Henderson's glancing header was sweet and you manage to blame Glen for both goals?

GJ can take blame for the first as he should have been tighter on Rooney but he would probably be better moved up to midfield, better option than Hendo or Kuyt. Defo Spearings fault the second.
Last edited by Boocity on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Basil » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:25 am

I know we're all so gutted to lose this match and want to blame somebody but individually the players are not as bad as some of you are making out.

It's the balance of the team that is all wrong and making some of them look worse than they are.

Johnson should have prevented the first goal,  he was completely the wrong side of the person he should have been marking. The first thing you tell a defender in those situations is get your body between the attacker and the goals, if Johnson just stood goal side Rooney wouldn't have been able to get that shot in, very basic stuff.

Spearing made a bad mistake for the second goal but they still had to beat our defence.

I can perhaps understand Suarez not shaking Evra's hand although it just makes the whole situation worse but what makes my blood boil is the way the media take the side of the mancs, the fa and against Suarez and LFC, utter :censored: the lot of them.
Basil

Postby metalhead » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:59 am

eds wrote:Alright I have had a bit of sleep and I can now post coherently on what happened against Manure.

First of all I feel well an utterly s**t and sick in the stomach being right on Henderson and Downing. I really wanted these guys to prove me wrong, especially Hendo. To be honest they have been rubbish for most of the year and it really is upsetting to know that at the start of the season Man United, Chelsea and Man City all improved their wings and we p**sed away 40m on 2 average players. I wasn't the only one to raise concerns on our buys, really disappointed that a lot of fans put blind faith in Kenny though  :down:

It was clear as day that a midfield compromising of Kuyt, Henderson, Downing, Gerrard and Spearing was going to struggle against the Manc W*nks.

Look Hendo is young and he might come good but there simply is no excuse for Downing, the guy has been a disaster signing for us! As much as people go on about Carroll, this guy takes the cake. Can't cross, can't take a man on, can't score, can't set up a goal if his life depended on it.   :sniffle

Kuyt as much as he is a tireless workhorse shouldn't be starting at his age with the potential youngsters there are out in the market. It beggers belief that he is our best right mid option. Up front we are bereft of ideas, Bellamy is getting on and we can't rely on his drive every game WE need a quality striker coming in at the end of the season to partner with Luis.

Our defense is OK although we should be giving Coates a bit of game time towards the end of the season. And we should look at getting another young CB as Carra is on his last legs.

I still hope for Henderson to come good, still young lad, he might turn out to be like Lucas or not, but I agree that he shouldn't even be in the starting eleven, maybe gradually introduce him but not good enough as a starter.

As for Downing, yes we got it wrong

Agger and Skrtel have been doing great recently (one of the positives!)
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:37 pm

metalhead wrote:
eds wrote:Alright I have had a bit of sleep and I can now post coherently on what happened against Manure.

I still hope for Henderson to come good, still young lad, he might turn out to be like Lucas or not, but I agree that he shouldn't even be in the starting eleven, maybe gradually introduce him but not good enough as a starter.

As for Downing, yes we got it wrong

Agger and Skrtel have been doing great recently (one of the positives!)

Downing and Henderson are not good enough to be playing for this football club, there the type who shine in average mid table teams. Both lack the guts and personality to make it at a team of this size and neither have any special talent.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games