CARDIFF CITY VS LIVERPOOL - 26 february 2012, ko: 16:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby devaney » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:26 am

metalhead wrote:
Woollyback wrote:DIRK KUYT  :bowdown

his first shot was f*cking attrocious, then it bounced back to him and his second shot was just awesome :D

His first shot was a cross !!!!!!!!!  :D  :D  :D

Made up for Dirk. Just maybe that performance will shut up some of the haters for five minutes.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:40 am

Be interesting to see how lads stack up against gunners. If they weren't knackered by extra time then those Wembley stairs would have finished them off :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:23 pm

WT
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:28 pm

Well doe Reds...great weekend....sore throat, head heavy as :censored:....match sticks keeping my eyes open......Skrtel was superb...we won the cup   cardiff were a credit to the final....

thank you and goodnight
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:36 pm

First cup in 5 odd years, back in Europe and still in contention for 4th and FA Cup.  We're definitly moving forward with Kenny in charge, lets not focus too much on the performance.  Im sure the lads were really nervous going in as huge favourites and it took a lot of mental strength to come through after they scored in the final minute of ET and we missed our first 2 pens
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:27 pm

No shame Bam dude, great pics!

IMO people are being unduly hard on our team after yesterdays performance. I've seen us play a lot worse over the last few years. The biggest criticism for me is we should have won about 5-1 in normal time. There have been quite a few matches against lower teams recently where you would hardly have been able to guess who was the Premiership side, not yesterday, we we're clearly better, we just didn't close it out. We're not there yet, but we're improving and I'll take that at the minute.
Last edited by fivecups on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:Image

:laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Hilarious.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:19 pm

I've never cried or been emotional over a football match in the 30 years I've been watching us before yesterday. I surprised myself it meant so much.

I am over the moon for Kenny first and foremost. To see him in charge and winning things back where he belongs was just magic. It reminded me of being a young lad back in the day when losing was never an option when I was watching them. A time when life for me was a lot simpler and I had some family around me. Just a small feeling that we could be on track to the values that separate us from everyone else in the world was just magic. Kenny, you should never have left, or been allowed to leave. You are the spirit of Shankly and Paisley combined and are the hope upon which those who 'get it' continue to count on. Awesome to see you back.

To think that we were in a situation where it looked like we would be going bankrupt and getting relegated just over a year ago. Yes, it has been said before, but it needs to be as some on here still haven't got the perspective. This is a MASSIVE turnaround already and despair has been replaced by hope. I have hope that I will see that same Liverpool that I fell in love with again before I die. I didn't realise how in love I was until I saw Kenny pick up that trophy yesterday....never had it with Rafa, never had it with Houllier and won't have it with Mourinho or anyone else.....so long as Kenny is available, I personally want him there.

Lastly, I am made up cos it was a WIN. We needed a win so badly it hurt. You need to start winning to build that mentality and for it to grow further. This was essential and should well be the turning point for us. We were in the habit of not winning anything and that mentality was guaranteeing us mid-table obscurity at best. We need to build on this habit and make it more commonplace. I don't care that we almost threw it away or didn't perform as well as we could, you could say the same about Istanbul but history doesn't remember it that way....a win is a win. I know it isn't the champions league, but given the last 4 - 5 years, I reckon this was equal in many ways.

Fingers crossed for the rest of the season, but more importantly, here's to a very solid end of season transfer window and further progress in 2012/13.

Woohoooo  :D
Homebooby

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:11 pm

not a huge fan of the new wembley by the way. in my opinion the millenium stadium is a far better stadium with a better atmosphere.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby fivecups » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:29 pm

Homebooby wrote:I've never cried or been emotional over a football match in the 30 years I've been watching us before yesterday. I surprised myself it meant so much.

I am over the moon for Kenny first and foremost. To see him in charge and winning things back where he belongs was just magic. It reminded me of being a young lad back in the day when losing was never an option when I was watching them. A time when life for me was a lot simpler and I had some family around me. Just a small feeling that we could be on track to the values that separate us from everyone else in the world was just magic. Kenny, you should never have left, or been allowed to leave. You are the spirit of Shankly and Paisley combined and are the hope upon which those who 'get it' continue to count on. Awesome to see you back.

To think that we were in a situation where it looked like we would be going bankrupt and getting relegated just over a year ago. Yes, it has been said before, but it needs to be as some on here still haven't got the perspective. This is a MASSIVE turnaround already and despair has been replaced by hope. I have hope that I will see that same Liverpool that I fell in love with again before I die. I didn't realise how in love I was until I saw Kenny pick up that trophy yesterday....never had it with Rafa, never had it with Houllier and won't have it with Mourinho or anyone else.....so long as Kenny is available, I personally want him there.

Lastly, I am made up cos it was a WIN. We needed a win so badly it hurt. You need to start winning to build that mentality and for it to grow further. This was essential and should well be the turning point for us. We were in the habit of not winning anything and that mentality was guaranteeing us mid-table obscurity at best. We need to build on this habit and make it more commonplace. I don't care that we almost threw it away or didn't perform as well as we could, you could say the same about Istanbul but history doesn't remember it that way....a win is a win. I know it isn't the champions league, but given the last 4 - 5 years, I reckon this was equal in many ways.

Fingers crossed for the rest of the season, but more importantly, here's to a very solid end of season transfer window and further progress in 2012/13.

Woohoooo  :D

Great post mate!  :buttrock
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby valo26 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:27 pm

just wanted to let my voice be heard. i don't say a great deal on here but im a regular reader and the opinions of the regular posters mean alot to me. i set off for london from my home town of blackpool on saturday morning. within 3 hours i was ready and raring to go with my liverpool shirt shining and scarf blowing in the breeze. it was with a sense of pride i wandered londons pubs with my dad, flying the red flag for all to see. met a few scousers on the way and had a good night. sunday rolled round. nerves set in. excitement was in the air. we made our way up wembley was surrounded by reds. everyones spirits were high. we made our way up to our seats and settled into the usual routine of song and support, but it wasn't enough in that first half. trailing 1-0 at the break tension was high... as i went to the poorly designed toilet area in the poorly design wembley stadium i was met with anger. "too many f**kin wooly's in the crowd that's why we're losing". "too many :censored: wooly's". i got partially said and partially sprayed in my face. now im a blackpool lad born and raised (im from blackpool, i know what i am). yea yea. i was in liverpool shirts before i was in nappies. i've been takin the train to liverpool for nearly 20 years now. i've been on the season ticket waiting list for most of that time. my dad's been a season ticket holder for over 30 years. i spend hundreds and hundreds of pounds following this team all over england. not to mention the money i spend of merchandise, an average 6 shirts a season with names of my heroes. yet there's still a minority that won't accept us. it sometimes makes me question my commitment. i made my way back after half time still annoyed at the events of the half time break. we got back in the game, we got in front, we got pegged. extra time over. penalties. not confident. as gerrards penalty was saved i i couldn't help but think, i knew it! cardiff miss too? i was screaming! it's back on! as charlie missed i couldn't help but think, what the f**k was that lad!? it's all over... they miss again! im in the air screaming! dirky, johno, downing, easy! they miss again! its all over! im in heaven. the emotion is over powering. we stayed till the very end, watching the lads parade the new bit of kit for the jam packed trophy room. singing and chanting and having a great time. sometimes when simple minded people make me doubt my commitment i look to great days like this. great games like this. and know... that i'll always be a red.
valo26

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:53 pm

maypaxvobiscum

Postby metalhead » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:28 pm

I'M STILL BUZZING! :buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:25 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Roger Red Hat wrote:I hear ya, but, I'm one of those people who probably wouldn't change a winning formula. I'd play the team we had vs Brighton but then bring him on

I love Bellamy, he'd be in my team every game but who would you drop? Carroll? Suarez?

Downing.

Good call mate !   :talktothehand
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:10 am

Reg wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Roger Red Hat wrote:I hear ya, but, I'm one of those people who probably wouldn't change a winning formula. I'd play the team we had vs Brighton but then bring him on

I love Bellamy, he'd be in my team every game but who would you drop? Carroll? Suarez?

Downing.

Good call mate !   :talktothehand

As Lord Denning said, "you can't look at 1956 events with 1964 glasses."

Drinks on you buddy  :rasp
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games