CARDIFF CITY VS LIVERPOOL - 26 february 2012, ko: 16:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby lakes10 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:42 am

stmichael wrote:not a huge fan of the new wembley by the way. in my opinion the millenium stadium is a far better stadium with a better atmosphere.

I did not got to this game but been there a few times  and found it great, the sound was just as good in my view, it sort of has half a roof all the time and the sound tends to build up.

one problem i did find a few times was a lack of fans getting back to their seat before the start of the 2nd half, much worse than the old one.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:03 pm

stmichael wrote:not a huge fan of the new wembley by the way. in my opinion the millenium stadium is a far better stadium with a better atmosphere.

have to agree
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:31 pm

ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:15 pm

metalhead wrote:I'M STILL BUZZING! :buttrock

+1

I know people will say it's "just the Carling cup", or whatever, but feck all of that.

It's a trophy in the case and on the back of a brilliant, nailbiting, match too.
tonyeh

Postby only me » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:27 pm

metalhead wrote:Liverpool Lebanon supporter group

Boss :cool:

Kinda funny a mirror image of a Jerusalem Bar in Israel i went to packed with Liverpool Supporters and One Cardiff Fan (The Barman) ,it wasn't his Happy Hour but it sure was ours.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:02 pm

You mean occupied palestine.. I'm kidding!!! before anyone feels offended  :D

Well that bar had a Manc owner and I don't think he was slightly happy seeing Liverpool fans celebrating  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:20 pm

Fook me, I managed to miss the whole thing (although spending the weekend in NYC was a nice consolation).  I've got very little sense of how the game went so I'll just say how wonderful it is to bag some silverware once again.  We've been lost in the wilderness as a club for the last few seasons and I think this trophy is a very positive step in the right direction.  I'm made up for all the lads but especially the likes of Dirk Kuyt, who've been toiling away for a few years now at the club with no trophies to show for it.  More than anyone else, though, I'm thrilled for Kenny, who's restored the pride, belief and work ethic that was sorely missing.  Happy days. :cool:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:58 am

Bad Bob wrote:Fook me, I managed to miss the whole thing

I was sitting on an airplane between the UK and Singapore... nice to win the tin but the way we went about it worries me.  :lookaround
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:19 pm

FAB RESULT .. I'M BUZZING TOO .. STILL

my fav pic ... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport....image=7
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:47 pm

havent been on for a few days but just had to come in here and say FCKKK YEAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:58 am

Yes, a win is a win and we won a trophy and it means a lot to everyone involved with the club. We haven't won a trophy for 6 seasons and that is an awful long time for a club of Liverpool's stature. But on the negative side, if that had been a normal PL game, we would have, again as always dropped 2 points against a weaker side, this has been the epitome of our performance this season.

The reason for that is, our midfield and forward lines are not good enough against sides that come to stubbornly defend and are aiming for a draw but with the hope of poaching a goal to nick a win. Teams that play to win against Liverpool like Chelsea, Arsenal at their backyards can be beaten by us. But  against weak sides that park about 7 men in front of their goal, we don't have the players to break them up and thrash them. Weaker teams know this and that's the way they will always play against Liverpool.

So in the summer window,we still have to spend but on quality players, if they don't want to join us opting for CL clubs, we'll have to wait until our rising stars in the Youth Academy to mature and it will be a few more seasons of 6th or 7th place finish before we can finish in top 4.

KK was right, that trophy win was a baby step to progress.
alwayslfc

Postby Homebooby » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:06 pm

alwayslfc wrote:Yes, a win is a win and we won a trophy and it means a lot to everyone involved with the club. We haven't won a trophy for 6 seasons and that is an awful long time for a club of Liverpool's stature. But on the negative side, if that had been a normal PL game, we would have, again as always dropped 2 points against a weaker side, this has been the epitome of our performance this season.

The reason for that is, our midfield and forward lines are not good enough against sides that come to stubbornly defend and are aiming for a draw but with the hope of poaching a goal to nick a win. Teams that play to win against Liverpool like Chelsea, Arsenal at their backyards can be beaten by us. But  against weak sides that park about 7 men in front of their goal, we don't have the players to break them up and thrash them. Weaker teams know this and that's the way they will always play against Liverpool.

So in the summer window,we still have to spend but on quality players, if they don't want to join us opting for CL clubs, we'll have to wait until our rising stars in the Youth Academy to mature and it will be a few more seasons of 6th or 7th place finish before we can finish in top 4.

KK was right, that trophy win was a baby step to progress.

Grumpyface, sourpuss  :rasp
Homebooby

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games