LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER CITY - Semi final 2nd leg Weds 25/01/2012

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Zidane » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:03 am

Quick recap, Henderson put in a shift, Bellamy was kwality, Johnson is much better than Enrique, Kuyt is still a big game player, Skrtel was boss, Adam is ..., Stevie is money from the spot, Pepe hasn't had a game like Hart had today in a really long time( :( ) and Downing was very good.
Zidane

Postby killerp » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:07 am

If only Kenny started Bellamy more often this season we might be closer to top 4. What a performance he put in today!
killerp

Postby laza » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:10 am

Dalglish wrote:Just back from the game and despite what the "Job's Comforters" may say about the gravity of the Carling Cup let me tell you this - When your in the Cauldron at Anfield willing your team on it makes absolutely NO difference what trophy you are playing in.

I went to Bolton Away Saturday and it was as grim as it gets there with a lack lustre performance resulting in a 3-1 loss.

Tonight KK gave those players an opportunity to redeem themselves and 9 of the starting 11 started tonight and played like it mattered and for that I'm truly thankful. It is important to me that for some players at least know what it means to represent Liverpool Football Club

When Fans cherry pick the games they deem to be "important" then slate the players when they under perform it smacks of hypocrisy IMO.

I have been lucky to be at many Finals and in terms of atmosphere there is NO difference when your there !

Was Dortmund 2001 any less exciting then Istanbul 2005?

Was Cardiff League Cup Final 2001 any less than Cardiff Fa Cup Final 2001 ?

It might have been for some who watch on TV but when your there it matters not a bit what your playing for, this is Liverpool FC and you want to win whatever the prize !

Walk on .............

Well bloody said Ian, absolutely wrapped with that performance, get the fck in

One thing I hate about big money modern game has been devaluing of certain cups

Without trying to say like Grandpa Simpson.
Anyone who can remember Ronnie Whelan's curler in Milk Cup back in 80s against Old Manc enemy will know what this cup means to us

About only bummer about watching this game was my lament of where would we be on league table if Stevie G has been around all season to take the penalties
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:03 am

You saying it just the Carling Cup can p!ss off... That's what losers that get knocked out of the competition say to make themselves feel better.. manure fans say that all the time when they get knocked out of competitions, but turn around and celebrate like they've won the champions league when they win them.

This is massive for us.. Great for us to have a chance to add a trophy to our cabinet.  The fact that Arsenal, Chelsea, man u, Man City, and more played full strength squads during this tournament just goes to show everybody wanted to win it.  We've had 5 away games and only 1 in the entire cup, and had to play Stoke, Chelsea and city during 3 of those, and city home during our 1 home game.  Please tell me we didn't fight tooth and nail and fully deserve to make it to the final..

This is a great opportunity for us, and I hate when "fans" write it off because "it's not good enough" for them.
p!ss off
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Johnny Boy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:41 am

bunglemark2 wrote:Errrrr....it's the Carling Cup folks.....hardly important.....

Stupid comment, go and support another team!

As for the game we got what we deserved, now let's play like that every week.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:58 am

stmichael wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:Errrrr....it's the Carling Cup folks.....hardly important.....

F#ck off and support Man City you utter pleb.

I hate our current fanbase.

I somewhat agree, but to be fair most of the miserable cunts reside on this forum unfortunately
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:03 am

Something wrong with you lad .

LFC exists to win trophies.

Shankly would be turning in his grave.

anywhooooo some pivvies of last night , try telling this lot it's only thecarling cup .

UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:06 am

And some more

UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:14 am

Yes Mrs Henry we are finally going back to Wembley for No8 with all due respect to Cardiff
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:16 am

stmichael wrote:

Grow up....It's the Carling Cup. Show me any other club that deems it a critical piece of the football season, eh ?

Course I'm delighted we have the chance of silverware. That's not the point.

It's a fourth rate competition. LFC has over the years put out deliberately weaker sides for this competition.

So we're clutching at straws over this.,...

And as I posted after the game, I am DELIGHTED at the performance above all else. The closing down, harrying, pressurising......that made me much happier than the result. That's what I've been aching to see for weeks....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby RedAnt » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:57 am

bunglemark2 wrote:
stmichael wrote:

Grow up....It's the Carling Cup. Show me any other club that deems it a critical piece of the football season, eh ?

It's a fourth rate competition. LFC has over the years put out deliberately weaker sides for this competition.

And as I posted after the game, I am DELIGHTED at the performance above all else. The closing down, harrying, pressurising......that made me much happier than the result. That's what I've been aching to see for weeks....

You must be a football noob or something? The League Cup isn't the top competition, no. It's the third competition, right after the league and FA Cup (though I guess the FA Cup means naff all too...).

It's kinda like the Prince of competitions ain't it? Dosen't really count because it's not the queen maybe?

I'm curious...if you were in Kenny's boots but wit your own opinions, what would be your team talk for the final?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:03 am

RedAnt wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:
stmichael wrote:

You must be a football noob or something? The League Cup isn't the top competition, no. It's the third competition, right after the league and FA Cup (though I guess the FA Cup means naff all too...).

It's kinda like the Prince of competitions ain't it? Dosen't really count because it's not the queen maybe?

I'm curious...if you were in Kenny's boots but wit your own opinions, what would be your team talk for the final?

He said fourth rate because I assume Champions League/Europa League was included.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:12 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
RedAnt wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:
stmichael wrote:

He said fourth rate because I assume Champions League/Europa League was included.

Understood. But as someone who supported LFC since I can remember, and grew into the same mentality and spirit that LFC is/has, which is to compete no matter the prize (Sh*t, i'd have played football with an orange if we didn't have a ball) it baffles me that anyone can consider the League Cup to be "unimportant". To see 50,000 supporters cheering with passion and for one to say it's not important pretty much sums up everything that's wrong with the modern game.

Money, money, money.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:16 pm

The people moaning are certainly in the minority at least.  Im f.ucking delighted to be in our first final since 2007.   

At a huge club like Liverpool though, its back to reality this morning and we have another big game against the other Mancs to focus on now.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby RichardLFC1 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:28 pm

What a joke the morning after a massive night that books our 1st final in years and were arguing.

Come on the red men !!!!

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games