MANCHESTER CITY VS. LIVERPOOL - January 3 2012 20:00 gmt

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby dundreamin » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:43 pm

Never a pen, this prem lge is becoming a joke,its becoming a money oriented circus. I am seriously thinking of packing it all in. It's not even a sport anymore, its a media driven entertainment business. The working class who made football so popular have been outpriced of OUR GAME,am fooking sick of it. And most of the players of ALL clubs don't give a f.uck.
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:43 pm

damjan193 wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:Lets be honest here though, combine the cost of their team to, well anyone's. That is the difference.

Are we that far though?

Yeah, we are playing players like Spearing. Look at the options they have. They have a team worth about £400 million. Every position is filled with quality both first team and replacements.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:43 pm

Kharhaz wrote:Lets be honest here though, combine the cost of their team to, well anyone's. That is the difference.

Carroll - 35 million
johnson -17 million
Downing - 20 million
Henderson 17 million
Adam 8 million

etc, etc, etc. We've spent a fortune...on :censored:
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:43 pm

Thats no excuse
They havent beat us weve beat ourselves
Thommo's perm

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:45 pm

Downing doesn't know how to go to the byline?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:45 pm

roberto green wrote:Not good enough simple as! Been badly ripped off for players like Henderson, Downing and Carroll...

Even Adam is overpriced!

If Rafa would of wasted money on such players he would of been crucified along time ago!

er he did and was by some
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:45 pm

7_Kewell wrote:

Carroll - 35 million
johnson -17 million
Downing - 20 million
Henderson 17 million
Adam 8 million

We spent a fortune on British players. As we all know, if they were foreign they wouldn't have cost half as much.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:46 pm

Kharhaz wrote:
damjan193 wrote:

Are we that far though?

Yeah, we are playing players like Spearing. Look at the options they have. They have a team worth about £400 million. Every position is filled with quality both first team and replacements.

No, I meant are we that far in money spending
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:46 pm

Movement in the final third is sht ! Everyone gets behind the ball and not enough bodies in the box.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:46 pm

Am I watching a different game? We have totally outplayed them. They have had a peno that wasn't, a mistake by Pepe and a great header from a corner. Some people on here news there heads checking. We are a work in progress and looking at tonights performance we are heading in the right direction.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:47 pm

damjan193 wrote:No, I meant are we that far in money spending

Of course we are. Not even Chelsea can compete with what City have.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NorfolkRed » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:49 pm

too many doom and gloom drama queens in here - best defence in the league and one game off season target position but lose to the league leaders (and therefore presumably best team) and the sky is falling

yes we could be better but what team couldnt?
NorfolkRed

Postby Redtribe » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:49 pm

As soon as Downing gets the ball all momentum stops.
I must admit i'm very dissapointed in him this evening.
I'm not going to make him a scapegoat the whole team as lacked composure at times, i certainly think that attacking players are needed in the January transfer window and some players need to be let go.
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:49 pm

Kharhaz wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

Carroll - 35 million
johnson -17 million
Downing - 20 million
Henderson 17 million
Adam 8 million

We spent a fortune on British players. As we all know, if they were foreign they wouldn't have cost half as much.

bottom line is we've spent huge sums of money on poor players who are either not good enough or not suited to our club and style of play.

As i said, this is like watching Newcastle 10 years ago...full of overpriced players who are average at best. To make it worse Kenny is unable or unwilling to change his tactics...even when it's blatently obvious that it isn't working.

I'm not calling for anyone's head, but things have to change, because we've been poor for a while now and it can't go on.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:49 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Am I watching a different game? We have totally outplayed them. They have had a peno that wasn't, a mistake by Pepe and a great header from a corner. Some people on here news there heads checking. We are a work in progress and looking at tonights performance we are heading in the right direction.

I agree
Weve shot ourself in the foot here tonight. This is the richest and supposedly best club in the league and weve gifted them the victory.
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games