Oldham versus Liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:30 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:16 pm wrote:
Fowler_E7 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:09 pm wrote:Rodgers seems determined to compete with Hodgson and Souness for worst Liverpool manager ever  :D
you really don't rate Rodgers do you?

Gobsmacked...

My comment was tongue in cheek, but Rodgers hasn't improved us at all since hes been the manager, not saying that he wont but the stats don't lie, his record as Liverpool manager is awful.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kartiek » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:34 pm

Apparently Robinson told Suarez to f off when Suarez got angry with him late on. Not great behavior if true.
kartiek

Postby kartiek » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:37 pm

Fowler_E7 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:30 pm wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:16 pm wrote:
Fowler_E7 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:09 pm wrote:Rodgers seems determined to compete with Hodgson and Souness for worst Liverpool manager ever  :D
you really don't rate Rodgers do you?

Gobsmacked...

My comment was tongue in cheek, but Rodgers hasn't improved us at all since hes been the manager, not saying that he wont but the stats don't lie, his record as Liverpool manager is awful.

I don't see what you see. We just knocked 5 past Norwich, 3 past QPR, 3 past Sunderland, 4 past Fulham, I think we've been improving, scoring a lot more goals than we've ever been, and I think that's progress. Anyway...
kartiek

Postby parchpea » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:39 pm

Coates has played his way out of the club today and no doubt a centre back will arrive next week. We shouldn't be losing to Oldham end of.Nobody loses to Oldham. We've some right fannys and Rodgers needs to shape them up or ship them out.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:45 pm

My comment was tongue in cheek, but Rodgers hasn't improved us at all since hes been the manager, not saying that he wont but the stats don't lie, his record as Liverpool manager is awful.[/quote]

I don't see what you see. We just knocked 5 past Norwich, 3 past QPR, 3 past Sunderland, 4 past Fulham, I think we've been improving, scoring a lot more goals than we've ever been, and I think that's progress. Anyway...[/quote]

not denying that, but are we any better than we were this time last year? personally i don't think that we are
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dundreamin » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:46 pm

Coates was absolutely dismal today. Just watched Rodgers post match interview on lfctv. Went like this. BLAH BLAH BLAH EXCUSE BLAH BLAH BLAH EXCUSE BLAH BLAH BLAH ANOTHER EXCUSE. Fooking not accepting this BS anymore. We will be beaten by arsenal and city I have no doubt, then our season will implode won't get anywhere near Europa cup final. Finish about 9th. Suarez will leave
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:47 pm

RedHands » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:23 pm wrote:Do any of you actually play soccer or do you just come in here to slag the team off? The field was so sh*t that it made passing nearly impossible. Their players were climbing all over our players on free kicks and a lot of clear fouls were not given (including the one that led to the last goal). On top of that, it was dumping freezing rain. These kind of conditions can act as an equilizer for lesser teams

Jack Robinson was absolutely horrid. Was at fault for the last goal and makes terrible decisions.

Coates and Brad Jones were bad too.

I would also like to point out that Chelsea tied and Tottenham lost to Leeds today so this kind of thing does happen to good teams.

Andy Carrol would have been extremely useful in this type of game. Also, maybe we should look for a tall centre back that is just really, really good aerially (like that greek fella Soto we had a few years back) that could play in this kind of game.

Rogers is going to have to figure out how to beat teams like this regularly (see Stoke, West Ham) that try to bully our players if we are going to get back into the top four.

they are a league 1 version of stoke and as if they were just going to let us show up as pass it about while they look on in adoration.
this game was a cup final for them.
they are all men and are in the wrong game if they are troubled by a bit of a soggy field and a bit of sleet, they need to man the f'uck up in games like this and if it wasnt for the introduction of gerrard it would have been worse.
it was a bad starting line up to begin with that was rudderless and without a clue. 2 defensive midfielders against a f'uckin league 1 side that just sat in front of our centre halfs and did nothing to support the front men or even try.
we have one team, one system and one plan and thats our biggest downfall.
i dont know what he said to them at half time but it didnt work and they came back out and continued where they left off.
i know his priority is the league but it was still disapointing that we were not up for this
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:52 pm

It was a poor team selection and as others have said he didn't learn anything from games against physical prem side or even the last round against non-league opposition, I'm not saying we should put our first team out but we should have played Carra and probably Shelvey from the start.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedHands » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:54 pm

Fowler_E7 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:45 pm wrote:My comment was tongue in cheek, but Rodgers hasn't improved us at all since hes been the manager, not saying that he wont but the stats don't lie, his record as Liverpool manager is awful.

I don't see what you see. We just knocked 5 past Norwich, 3 past QPR, 3 past Sunderland, 4 past Fulham, I think we've been improving, scoring a lot more goals than we've ever been, and I think that's progress. Anyway...[/quote]

not denying that, but are we any better than we were this time last year? personally i don't think that we are[/quote]

We are miles better than we were last season considering how we gutted the squad over the summer. We have almost matched out goal tally from the whole of last season and we are only midway through! We have conceded more goals, but I think a lot of that is just growing pains from learning a new system.
RedHands
LFC Basic Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:57 pm

Fowler_E7 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:45 pm wrote:My comment was tongue in cheek, but Rodgers hasn't improved us at all since hes been the manager, not saying that he wont but the stats don't lie, his record as Liverpool manager is awful.

not denying that, but are we any better than we were this time last year? personally i don't think that we are[/quote]

people lost the run of themselves when we beat a poor side 5 nil and today was a welcome back to earth.
his record isnt any better than hodgson's and all the excuses and passing the blame isnt going to make it any better.
he needs to dig deep because we have 2 games coming up in the space of a week that can make or break our season.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kartiek » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:59 pm

dundreamin » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:46 pm wrote:Coates was absolutely dismal today. Just watched Rodgers post match interview on lfctv. Went like this. BLAH BLAH BLAH EXCUSE BLAH BLAH BLAH EXCUSE BLAH BLAH BLAH ANOTHER EXCUSE. Fooking not accepting this BS anymore. We will be beaten by arsenal and city I have no doubt, then our season will implode won't get anywhere near Europa cup final. Finish about 9th. Suarez will leave

Ever since Kenny left, your comments have been in the same spirit as the one above. I think you need to let it go for a bit. Have some faith, I think Rodgers has shown us enough to make us have that faith.
kartiek

Postby Boocity » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:01 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:47 pm wrote:
RedHands » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:23 pm wrote:Do any of you actually play soccer or do you just come in here to slag the team off? The field was so sh*t that it made passing nearly impossible. Their players were climbing all over our players on free kicks and a lot of clear fouls were not given (including the one that led to the last goal). On top of that, it was dumping freezing rain. These kind of conditions can act as an equilizer for lesser teams

Jack Robinson was absolutely horrid. Was at fault for the last goal and makes terrible decisions.

Coates and Brad Jones were bad too.

I would also like to point out that Chelsea tied and Tottenham lost to Leeds today so this kind of thing does happen to good teams.

Andy Carrol would have been extremely useful in this type of game. Also, maybe we should look for a tall centre back that is just really, really good aerially (like that greek fella Soto we had a few years back) that could play in this kind of game.

Rogers is going to have to figure out how to beat teams like this regularly (see Stoke, West Ham) that try to bully our players if we are going to get back into the top four.

they are a league 1 version of stoke and as if they were just going to let us show up as pass it about while they look on in adoration.
this game was a cup final for them.
they are all men and are in the wrong game if they are troubled by a bit of a soggy field and a bit of sleet, they need to man the f'uck up in games like this and if it wasnt for the introduction of gerrard it would have been worse.
it was a bad starting line up to begin with that was rudderless and without a clue. 2 defensive midfielders against a f'uckin league 1 side that just sat in front of our centre halfs and did nothing to support the front men or even try.
we have one team, one system and one plan and thats our biggest downfall.
i dont know what he said to them at half time but it didnt work and they came back out and continued where they left off.
i know his priority is the league but it was still disapointing that we were not up for this

i think everyone agrees it was disappointing but its not the 1st LFC team that has been knocked out of the cup by lower league opposition and it won't be the last.
Last edited by Boocity on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:01 pm

direct teams that play a high tempo game are definately our achilles heel.
i dont know how many times we`ve got to get bullied out of games before the penny drops.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kartiek » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:03 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:57 pm wrote:
Fowler_E7 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:45 pm wrote:My comment was tongue in cheek, but Rodgers hasn't improved us at all since hes been the manager, not saying that he wont but the stats don't lie, his record as Liverpool manager is awful.

I don't see what you see. We just knocked 5 past Norwich, 3 past QPR, 3 past Sunderland, 4 past Fulham, I think we've been improving, scoring a lot more goals than we've ever been, and I think that's progress. Anyway...

people lost the run of themselves when we beat a poor side 5 nil and today was a welcome back to earth.
his record isnt any better than hodgson's and all the excuses and passing the blame isnt going to make it any better.
he needs to dig deep because we have 2 games coming up in the space of a week that can make or break our season.[/quote]

a lot of overreaction. No team is a cakewalk in this league, and when you're scoring so many goals consistently, that means the methods are definitely working. Had we won over Everton, in the game that we deserved to win, we'd be just 1 point behind Arsenal right now, with a comparable GD, and this is our first season under Rdogers. Relax, the improvement is there for everyone to see. I'm sorry but sometimes FA Cup clashes don't go the way you expect, a lot of this is about motivation and who wants it more.
kartiek

Postby Boocity » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:03 pm

dundreamin » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:46 pm wrote:Coates was absolutely dismal today. Just watched Rodgers post match interview on lfctv. Went like this. BLAH BLAH BLAH EXCUSE BLAH BLAH BLAH EXCUSE BLAH BLAH BLAH ANOTHER EXCUSE. Fooking not accepting this BS anymore. We will be beaten by arsenal and city I have no doubt, then our season will implode won't get anywhere near Europa cup final. Finish about 9th. Suarez will leave

We won't implode just because we lost a cup game to oldham, could be a kick up the ar5e we need to push on in the league
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games