Oldham versus Liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:31 pm

Absolutely f'ucked of with Rodger the Dodger. Talks a good game I'll give him that BUT when it comes down to actually preparing his team ? in terms of tactical/management ability he's a f'ucking novice.

Against Oldham a team short on talent but loaded with grit, aggression and fu'ck all to lose, on a cold January day at their place on a pitch far removed from the billiard table Dodgers tippy tappy new generation are used too he shows Oldham f'uck all respect and fields a team that couldn't give a scooter a push start on a wet pavement.

It's one thing to support and give young players time too develop BUT I certainly didn't expect to be asked to support and applaud a "manager" of Liverpool Football Club who hasn't got the nous to field a side that can beat a team who in terms of collective ability are closer to park football than they are to the premiership.

The Dodger either arrogantly overestimated the ability of his side or grossly underestimated the opposition, whichever way you look at it he, not for the first time, got it badly wrong.

Just a look at the initial line up must surely have had many fans thinking "hold up, that looks very attacking but with a midfield of Allen and Henderson who the f'uck is actually gone win the ball and supply the attack ?

It's not f'ucking rocket science, and why Coates instead of Carragher marshalling  the back four, why not Gerrard in mid field from the off ? . If the excuse is we've got Arsenal in mid week my response would be "so Fu*king what ? we didn't rest Suarez, a couple of days massage plus rest and other key players like Gerrard should be good to go again"

We weren't good and we can berate the performance of the players till the cows come home but as far as I'm concerned compare our squad to Oldhams squad given what was available too Rodger the Dodger this embarrassment was another SNAFU (Situation  Normal All F'ucked Up) that I lay squarely at his feet.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:00 pm

Agree mate, i said at the start i was confused by the formation.
No matter who you are playing you have to initially match them and win the midfield battle,

Houllier used to make sure if we had tricky cup games we had battlers in there, yesterday was a major fck up from Rodgers.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:44 pm

LFC1990 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:14 pm wrote:Rocket science or Brain Surgery?

Sorry
Brain science then
:upside:
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:20 pm

Still waiting for a form of apology from Rodgers ,not least for those unfortunate to travel to Greater Manchester to watch the feeble midfield and defence he deemed strong enough to withstand the battering every man jack of us fans knew Oldham would throw at us,but purely for the simple fact our slipping out of
one of the most esteemed institutions with what resembled a cowardly slither owes more of an explanation from the manager than just blaming the kids .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:47 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:20 pm wrote:Still waiting for a form of apology from Rodgers ,not least for those unfortunate to travel to Greater Manchester to watch the feeble midfield and defence he deemed strong enough to withstand the battering every man jack of us fans knew Oldham would throw at us,but purely for the simple fact our slipping out of
one of the most esteemed institutions with what resembled a cowardly slither owes more of an explanation from the manager than just blaming the kids .

100% agree mate
Ben Patrick

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:10 pm

Ben Patrick » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:47 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:20 pm wrote:Still waiting for a form of apology from Rodgers ,not least for those unfortunate to travel to Greater Manchester to watch the feeble midfield and defence he deemed strong enough to withstand the battering every man jack of us fans knew Oldham would throw at us,but purely for the simple fact our slipping out of

100% agree mate

That performance really vexed me mate ,I think if his intention was to pick a team to lose the fight against Oldham then his selection was an emphatic success .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:24 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:10 pm wrote:
Ben Patrick » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:47 pm wrote:

100% agree mate

That performance really vexed me mate ,I think if his intention was to pick a team to lose the fight against Oldham then his selection was an emphatic success .

I get the team sent to me early by text mate, i was saying to my son when i got it that i couldnt understand what system we would play.
Maybe Suarez deeper ?
But no, it was basically 4-2-4 with two inexperienced full backs and a centre half that he doesnt fancy.
Why not Carragher ?
Should have played Shelvey as well in a midfield 3 and not played sterling or borini.
Kenny took the cups seriously last season and i agree with that.
I'm fuming we picked that side and went out, lets just hope Rodgers learns from it.
Ben Patrick

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:35 pm

Ben Patrick » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:24 pm wrote:I get the team sent to me early by text mate, i was saying to my son when i got it that i couldnt understand what system we would play.
Maybe Suarez deeper ?
But no, it was basically 4-2-4 with two inexperienced full backs and a centre half that he doesnt fancy.
Why not Carragher ?
Should have played Shelvey as well in a midfield 3 and not played sterling or borini.
I'm fuming we picked that side and went out, lets just hope Rodgers learns from it.

I couldn't get my head around why he had put the responsibility of being captain on Suarez ,and asked him to play in a sort of Gerrard role ,it just basically
nullified the lads usual threat in front of goal .... I know he scored, but if he was played upfront as a striker he would have run that defence ragged mate .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:39 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:35 pm wrote:
Ben Patrick » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:24 pm wrote:I get the team sent to me early by text mate, i was saying to my son when i got it that i couldnt understand what system we would play.
Maybe Suarez deeper ?
Why not Carragher ?

I couldn't get my head around why he had put the responsibility of being captain on Suarez ,and asked him to play in a sort of Gerrard role ,it just basically
nullified the lads usual threat in front of goal .... I know he scored, but if he was played upfront as a striker he would have run that defence ragged mate .

Its hard to understand.
Its not like we rested everyone so i dont see why we did that with the midfield.
Carra and Shelvey have hardly played as well so might as well of started.

Like i said as well, blaming the young players for me was a bit of a sh!t houses trick
Ben Patrick

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:07 am

Ben Patrick » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:39 pm wrote:Its hard to understand.
Its not like we rested everyone so i dont see why we did that with the midfield.
Carra and Shelvey have hardly played as well so might as well of started.

Like i said as well, blaming the young players for me was a bit of a sh!t houses trick

Skrtel and Agger come as a pair separate them and Skrtel looks lost ,put Carragher with Agger and they look efficient ,put Coates and Carragher together
and Carragher will see him through the game  . If every fan knows that Skrtel and Coates isn't  a combination anyone with pretensions of winning a game
would go with ,then why doesn't Rodgers ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:04 am

It's a bit of a catch 22. Had he and the lads won that with that team selection everyone on here would be giving Rodgers a pat on the back. When it goes wrong as it so obviously did at Boundary Park he leaves himself wide open for attack.

Number of points (remembering it is easier to be critical with hindsight)

* I'm not sure I like this *new* role  Suarez is given. I said before the Sturridge deal was done (or just after) if Suarez is dropped deeper to accommodate Sturridge - then I believe that will be to the detriment of the team and Luis himself, who has single handedly terrorised defenses on his own all season. As it happens, this is a minor irk at the moment in comparison to the next point.

* 2 f.ucking midfielders! Absolutely unbelievable that ANY manager would try this. Arrogance, naviety, you decide. :no  It's tough enough with 3 midfielders.

* Coates. Never personally rated this fella. He's more akin to a big cumbersome donkey. Rodgers has been getting a bit of stick for not playing him ahead of Carra, Coates makes Carra look like Ronaldinho. I can see why Rodgers picks Carra ahead of him.

* Sterling (Suso or any other Liverpool proclaimed gem), I don't know whether he's gone off the boil but my worry is the kid has been found out a bit. John Barnes or Stuart Downing, which way will this kid edge? We've (myself included) hyped him up (like we usually do) and it looks as though we've again gotten ahead of ourselves, hopefully he needs a rest more than anything.

----

Rodgers solely takes the blame for that one. But the razor blades will stay in the cupboard. What I will say is, Rodgers could be getting ahead of himself too,  managing a "big" club thinking he can put out weaker teams like Fergie, Mancini or even Benitez, he needs to pull his head in a bit, no biggie.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:32 am

No, go on son, get the blades out.......  :laugh:

Look, Gerrard is right, we can't have a team of youngsters without a few older, more experienced and physically mature players.

Sterling, Suso, Allen, Coates, Henderson, Wisdom etc.. we're taking boys and forcing them into an extremely stressful arena when they aren't physically or mentally ready for it. Hansen, Souness, Cally, Hughes, Kenny were men, they weren't boys. Souness was born with a tash ffs.

The formation might look right on paper but they are names, we expect them to play with consistency, maturity and confidence they don't yet possess.

The realistic expectation of a young Liverpool team is 5-6-7th place. Be real, top 4 with such a young team aint going to happen.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:00 pm

Reg, I totally agree that we are crying out for an experienced head or two. I even said as much in the rumour thread as I had reservations about the Coutinho deal. I would have much preferred we haggle a deal for an experienced lad than the saga we are having with inter. I think it's the wrong time now ( jan) to be buying up youth, this time of year and in a short window I think experience would have been he way to go, considering the youth we already have. I got laughed at, in that thread for this opinion but I stand by it.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:19 pm

Kenny Kan » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:00 am wrote:Reg, I totally agree that we are crying out for an experienced head or two. I even said as much in the rumour thread as I had reservations about the Coutinho deal. I would have much preferred we haggle a deal for an experienced lad than the saga we are having with inter. I think it's the wrong time now ( jan) to be buying up youth, this time of year and in a short window I think experience would have been he way to go, considering the youth we already have. I got laughed at, in that thread for this opinion but I stand by it.

I think we're going down the Spurs route to eventual success ,by buying all the young talent and nurturing them to a gradual
Progression into the first team ....It might seem slow mate ,and we may have to grit our respective teeth until they're ready,but
I honestly think the patience we show now will be worth it in the end .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games